Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
I worked here for about a year. The pay is low but offers flexible hours unlike other ESL companies that has blocked/ peak that are required on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Salary / Benefits
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
Salary / Benefits
Students are great. Flexible working sched because you don't need to click any ready button. However, pay is really LOW for an audio and video class. I got 60 pesos per 25 mins. And they don't post any daily incentives compared before. I hope the tutors will have an option not to have a video class next time. I hope the company will change these rules. if not, they might lost a lot of old tutors
Salary / Benefits
We have flexible work hours. you work on your preferred time. they have incentives if you reach certain quotas. students are fun to work with and management also checks on your status
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global provides you work at your own home and at your own time. The management monitors its employee's day to day activities and takes actions fairly.
Salary / Benefits
It's a gtreat opportunity working with Bibo. I enjoyed everything and working for the company. Learned and challenged a lot. I love Bibo but I just don't know about the present management., because I heard the company already changed their name.
Salary / Benefits
I really enjoyed working hear, I love the students I teach, my coworkers are really lovely and kind. The entire company is very accommodating, very amazing experience to work hear.
Salary / Benefits
There's equal chance for every tutor. High bookability rate. Lessons are relevant and useful. Great management and support team. Fantastic for beginner teachers. However, very very very minimal incentives.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low wage
Salary / Benefits
The thing I love the most is the flexible working hours. I can work at any time of the day. There is help support for all the teachers having a problem in the system.
Salary / Benefits
I learned to manage time in my own way. Convenient for me as a working mom. The job is easy but the client sometimes too difficult to please. The job became enjoyable of its flexibility.
Salary / Benefits
My experience working at BIBO was so fun learning and nice. The management was so dedicated to teach and so am I. I worked in BIBO as a part time ESL teacher.I booked my class at night time with 3-4 students. I enjoyed communicating to children students even to those professional because you are just not teaching but you also learn from them. I don't think I have had a not so good experience with BIBO.
Salary / Benefits
I had a great time working with Bibo. I gained some friends in teaching Japanese students. I learned about their culture. Excited teaching and having conversations with my students.
Salary / Benefits
I have been working in BIBO for almost 5 years now. Recently, they changed the cancellation system - no more (monetary) penalties unless you can provide a valid proof/s. But the cancelled classes are still counted in your cancellation rate per month even if they already accepted the proof. You will still get a warning or worse - suspension/termination. So, don't be too confident even if your proofs were accepted. hahaha! One more thing is the teacher's rating. Ratings will be shown in teacher's account so students can see it and decide whether to book your lesson or not. The students rate you depending on their mood (most of the time). Your booking rate will be less (meaning less or very few students) if you have a low rating. Isn't it unfair? Some other students rate you less and you don't get much students because of stu*** ratings in your account? I don't think it is good to show the ratings of the teachers. I hope the management will do something about the teachers booking rates recently. It is not good. Or maybe they have less students now compared before.
Salary / Benefits
this is a fun and convenient job for me because there are no quotas required. you only get paid on the hours you worked every 15 days. You can choose whatever time is fine for you even if you have a busy schedule.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo is the most convenient job that I had in the past. It provided me the work life balance that I have been wishing for from my previous job as a CSR. It allowed me to work from the comfort of my home while taking care of my daughter and family.
Salary / Benefits
I have been working here for 4 years only because I do it as a part time gig. The only thing good about this company is the hours are as flexible as you want. I am a native speaker and it used to be O.K. for native speakers with high booking rates and so forth but now it's almost impossible to get hours. They charge $20-$23 dollars per hour for their students to study with native speakers but only pay the (native) teachers $10 per hour. There is no room for growth and they always take the side of the student. If there is a power outage you will be penalized and requested to get proof of the outage from the power company. Totally ridiculous. You have to be desperate for money to work here is what it basically comes down to and a lot of your time will be wasted. They hire and fire fast so don't mess up!
Salary / Benefits
its a good company that took care of their employees. The hardest part would be adjusting to different student age but the most enjoyable is that the company was able to build a good relation with the student which is a fun part of the job
Salary / Benefits
NEVER WORK/APPLY on this platform. It's a total scam! *At first, you'll get a lot of students and then afterwards, the number of students will SLOWLY DECREASE. *The Customer Support will be very accommodating at first BUT when you receive a complain or a low rating, even though it's not your fault (Ex. Technical Issues, Skype Issues, Connection Issues on the Students' End, etc.), they would NEVER EVER listen on your side of the story. They will only listen to the student. *They will CANCEL the class if a student complains, EVEN THOUGH: 1. You conduct the lesson properly. 2. You spent time to teach the student. 3. You find ways to connect to the student. 4. You report to them in the middle of the class, and finally, 5. IT'S THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT. (They would NEVER EVER admit that it's THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT, even though they've been making some updates without the tutor's knowledge/any notifications.) AND by CANCELLING the lesson means, YOU WILL GET PENALIZED. *Not just that! Even if you conducted the lesson properly, BUT YOU WERE LATE FOR SUBMITTING THE LESSON NOTES, YOU WON'T BE PAID!!! *Aside from that, there is NO CAREER GROWTH. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lots of Deductions, Lots of system glitch, Customer Support Reps. are like robots, Low Salary (P60/25 min.), Unreasonable Penalties!
Salary / Benefits
Unending learning and fun.Working with Bibo realy helps me improve my teaching skills and dealing with Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese and Thai student is real an opportunity.
Cons
Sudden Lessons, Cancellations
Salary / Benefits
I met a lot of people from different Asian countries, especially from Japan. A lot of my students were from Japan. My students were very friendly and fun to talk with. Thank you Bibo!
Pros
Flexible working hours
Salary / Benefits
It's nice to work with other culture because you are teaching and learning at the same time. It's nice because I already made this before as my part time and it's very convenient and very comfortable working at home.
Pros
additional incentives
Cons
loading systems
  1. Employee Reviews