Energy Development Corporation

Energy Development Corporation Employee Reviews

Philippines51 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Don't get involve in politics. Just work.
Politics is high there but performance is a priority.

Lopezes are very generous, they practice their values.

Great environment and they invest in trainings, employees welfare and development and it even extends most of the time to your immediate family.
Pros
Benefits are super crazy good.
Cons
Workload is crazy heavy
Salary / Benefits
A great workplace. Your boss trusts you enough that he only gives the week's objectives and you get to plan by yourself on what to accomplish that day. Almost everybody is ready to teach and assist. Almost everybody is on a good mood. This is a place where you get to grow professionally while not being stressed that much.
Salary / Benefits
The company gives a good working experience especially in handling inventories and people. It helps me grow in the career that i wan to pursue n life.
Salary / Benefits
Looking for job opportunity for the future of our family. Seeking for job in Canada for the support on our family needs. Hoping Canada government will help me.
Pros
We will be settled in Canada.
Cons
I will be away from my relatives.
Salary / Benefits
Have to go up the plant site located at the foot of Mt Apo everyday. Working condition is somewhat cold as the plant is 1500 above sea level. However, it is quite there and the view is relaxing
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Fun place to work with.
Enable you to learn.

They are willing to train their staff.

Friendly and helpful employees.

Strict but will bring the best in you in terms of work.
Salary / Benefits
The work environment is pleasant and the employees are warm and kind. Workplace is a bit busy but you can learn a lot from the employees on their spare time.
Salary / Benefits
Company is fine. Good salary. Safe and advance. Complete benefits with loans and saving accounts. Have housing loans, car loans, life insurance, hazard pay, overtime pay, medical assistance, dental benefits, Paternity leave, Cash loan, and All Government mandated benefits.
Salary / Benefits
My work involved both field work and office-based tasks. I enjoyed working with a diverse team from different backgrounds. Although I was the only geologist on site, I received supervision from colleagues who's been in the field for decades.
Salary / Benefits
Work requires me to travel in the different power plants located Luzon, Vizayas and Mindanao. Being an employee of this Company helped me learned geothermal power plant processes and fundamentals of water treatment, H2S filtration system, lubrication, etc. Hardest part of the job is the frequent reorganization, yet the most enjoyable parts are learning new things.
Salary / Benefits
The employees treats me like a family. I learned a lot during my stay at EDC LGBU. I would definitely recommend doing your internship at this company. Gives allowance.
Salary / Benefits
During my training in EDC, I learned so many things that made me wholeheartedly ready to enter the real world. The team worked so hard that sometimes lunch is forgotten for the reason that they are chasing up deadlines and has lots of things pending on line. Being one of the team for a moment helped me grow and initiate my goal to become an HR someday. Although the team should be hiring more people to balance the duties and responsibilities of each analyst.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Hiring relatives of an employee
1. A typical day of work is challenging
2. I have learned interpersonal communication thru email and formal personal communication

3. The Management is highly competitive in its industry

4. The work culture is filled with good camaraderie

5. The hardest part of the Job is we get to work on remote and largely hazardous place

6. The most enjoyable part of the Job is technical skills I have learned.
Pros
Strictly implement high standards
Cons
Less possibility in Job Security (Regularization)
Salary / Benefits
They value result and progress ensuring that things move along smoothly and never stagnates. No time is wasted and the employees are pushed to seek and execute viable solutions to various problems with as little time as possible.
Salary / Benefits
They really teach everything you need to know from the process up to every equipment used in the whole system. Very ideal to mechanical engineers, knowledge from the field of study is really applicable.
you Have a Specific Task based on the Projects Available
has Good Employee Relation, a Family and friend Culture

Kind Executives and Good Benefit

Many things can learned since it was a power generation industry
Pros
Good Work - Life Balance
Cons
Unequal treatment for Contractual and Agency Based Employees
Salary / Benefits
worked in the geothermal plant, where all personnel in the plant was my responsibility, our main concern are the risk brought about by H2s ( hydrogen sulfide).
steam blowing also is part of our daily critical activity.
Pros
free uniform and safety gears
Cons
environmental risk
Salary / Benefits
Very good working environment. . Co workers . And big sslary. Employees are given good benefits. We have sports activities. We can have meetings with VipS if needed.
Pros
Very good benefits
Working hours 8:00Am - 5:00Pm,
But as an Electrical Head you are On call 24/7 , Considering work scope is maintaining four Power Plant ,

Participates in and/or represents the group in management meetings, budget and project defense, project management reporting, to seek management approval, report performance against targets and escalate high-level issues that need immediate attention and resolution.

One of the challenging experiences I had at EDC while working as an Electrical Head in maintaining four Power Plants in Leyte was during typhoon ‘Yolanda’ in November 2013. The typhoon was one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded and it damaged much of the Power Plants’ Electrical System. It took about three months to repair and restore the Plants to their full capacity.

Working at the Energy Development Corporation allowed me to travel abroad on official duty to Milan and Rome in Italy as well as Singapore to oversee the Factory Acceptance Testing of the equipment we would later install in the power plant,
Pros
Edc has a good employee benefit
Cons
Once their is a problem especially power plant trip & Typhoon you cannot leave the place
Salary / Benefits
EDC taught me how to handle problems in managing the department they gave me. Since I love writing news, its easy for me to do my job and my supervisors were kind.
Salary / Benefits
Working in Energy Development Corporation is an honored because I learned a lot of things and the people that surrounds me are easy to get along with.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Office hours