Eagle Cement Corporation

Eagle Cement Corporation Employee Reviews

Philippines31 reviews
Salary / Benefits
It takes too long to be promoted and low pay raise every 2 years. Toxic environment and too isolated. Poor mobile signal. Management is too controlling for plant based employees.
Pros
Food Allowance everymonth. Free lodging
Cons
Stressful environment and dirty
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot about cement manufacturing and learned a lot about in leading people to work and to work as a team.
This compant is a good traing ground especially for a fresh graduate like me.
Pros
Free Meal
Salary / Benefits
I'm responsible in supervising outsource in my shift of operation, I see to it that the task given to me would be finish and take a round to inspect the equipment and machines if there are problems like leakages in lubrication which is most often to occur. I learned the working principles of the equipment and machine I used to operate, its parameters to be monitored, the right start and stop procedure of the system. The management for me would be a average. My co-workers are approachable you can always ask them for assistant if you're uncertain of something, hardworking, a leader, and knowledgeable in their field of work. The hardest part I have encountered in my job is hang up of materials in the storage bin which only happens when it's raining, here you need patience, come up with a good idea and set of strategies because even a vibrator can't make the materials fall. What I typically do is to open the inspection hole and poking hole and assign outsource to manually declog the hang up materials using a long pointed thick steel. The most enjoyable part would be when trouble occurs simultaneously in the equipment and machine because this will be a challenge for you and to develop a strong leadership for yourself. You will be the one to call for personnel and assist them in troubleshooting the equipment and machine, then you'll be the one to conduct the test afterwards.
Salary / Benefits
We work 6 days a week and 8 hrs a day. We have a cement tech schooling program to know the principle and type of machine or equipment and materials to be use or to be replace. Management? Good management i only will say. To may co-workers they are great. They share there experience in the job, how they face it and how they solve it. About the hardest part is when you start with nothing and on the enjoyable part of job is when you learn the hardest part.
Pros
cadetshif
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
With this company it is good to be part due to training and co workers environment. We learn a lot in the plant in every department they have due to rotational job program. Life style in the plant are good too even it in mining area. In terms in management it is good too, But in terms in salary luck of that. Of all job i do there always no hard task but always a challenge that will surely give you a lot of good things to know. I terms in enjoyable part of job is sent us to other plant for learning to visit, ask, learn, gather, to be connected and to be a VIP guest.
Salary / Benefits
When I was in Eagle Cement Corp. I have learn many things about construction management ,estimation,cost, reach the deadline.dedication and focus in the job is more powerful to meet the deadlines,meeting to all contractor in able to finished the assigned project in the time that will agreed.
Pros
free foods, accomodation, transportation
Cons
over time, low salary
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed working at Eagle Cement Corporation when I was there, most especially to my co-employee,who gives me a lot of encouragement to do anything new in every new projects.
Pros
Free Accomodation, Free Foods, Free Transportation
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is a working experience for me. Work time-in, is at exactly 7 in the morning and ends until 4 in the afternoon. The rest of the hours is a decision to make if you're going to overtime or not. But in my part, I do overtime. Time, is very valuable. I learned more than what I expected about welding, like the exact penetration, specially on the pressurized pipes or tubes.
The strictness of the management about time, absentees,and the safety of the workers is understandable. It's for our own good also.

My co workers are friendly, but serious in terms of work. In order to give the Quality product, we help each other to accomplish our assignments. The hardest part of my job is the hanging situation while welding. But, learning and experiencing all of these is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
barracks, water
Cons
expensive canteen foods
Salary / Benefits
I was working Safety officer, and customer service as well. Its good and happy and learn a lot having conversation w/ costumer, client, supplier and co-office mate. .
Salary / Benefits
> day shift typical work , due to too much trouble and calls of operator .

> ihave learned on how to handle crucial situations , time management, good moral behavior in any workplace , and socialized normally

>good management supervisions, considerations and not totally strict

> good work experience with co - workers , aproachable and willing to share knowledge

> hardest part was shifting of power source during heavy rain. ( from meralco to generators ..to make operation stable

> the enjoyable part was working as a team , sharing experiences , considerations espcially in time of emergencies, work as one :)
Pros
n/a
Cons
will not end shift when shifter was not around
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Eagle Cement Corporation?
Salary / Benefits
A typical a day at work is fun, like every new project is a challenge.
I learned a lot about Cement manufacturing, like on how's it made from raw materials to finished product. The management was great like they give their employee more training for the plant and employee's career benefits. They have a friendly and kind co-workers. The hardest part of the job is on how you handle your problems on a fastest and accurate way, like troubleshooting on a scenario. The most enjoyable part of the job is discussing on what you have learned on the problem outcomes, where every member from managers to tenders gave their comment and suggestion, so whenever the problem comes back again, we will troubleshoot it on a easy way or we will prevent it before the scenario comes.