Dunham's Sports

Dunham's Sports Employee Reviews

The people at Corporate have continually lied to each GM and Assistant manager constantly.

The job and most of the people are amazing and the work place is fun but due to corporate not wanting to promote the ASM to GM is because of a personal grudge and disability but they won’t say it is because of it. The KTL have started good but most soon started to be Lazy which has caused problems in the work place.

Pros

1 hour lunches, flexible schedule, work environment

Cons

Pay, work load, scheduling

This place sucks

They will screw you on hours they play favorites but the people is great but the hours sucks but they will work with you for any reasoning if you want 40 good luck

Meh

They condone workplace verbal attacks. Management basically just shrugs their shoulders and do nothing about it. They falsely accuse of the dumbest stuff. They promote the people who do the least amount of work. There are too many bosses per shift and not enough employees to complete assigned tasks. Very disorganized managers.

A Different Flavor of Retail

With an Employee Discount and Flexible Hours whats not to love?CorporateOr at least the human shaped filter that poorly communicates between corporate and some locations.Like a family in that there's the toxic family member who ruins things for everyone else.

Not a good place to work

They don't take care of the good working people cheap wages they let supervisor have attitude all the time they yell at people that are doing their job and has favorites they take care of they don't do wrong

Pros

Na

Cons

Health care sucks

Overworked, Underpaid, and Disorganized

Worked 70+ hours a week. Trucks show up randomly most of the time with very little warning. Understaffed as all let out. Associates weren’t given the chance to be properly trained. The list goes on and on.

Great first job but can get boring fast

Overall the store was pretty slow most of the time. The work is very easy just being mostly customer service and stocking merchandise. Upper management is out of touch with team leaders and doesn’t trust them to do anything out of the box, so it becomes frustrating over time. That being said, the environment was fun and everyone was very relaxed and kind.

Worst Place I have ever worked.

I recently quit this job and in the 6 years I have worked retail this place was the worst experience I have ever had. The management here is awful, the pay is terrible, this store is all drama, and most of the time the "workers" sit in the back in the break room on the clock and don't answer to calls when the cashiers need help. The manager literally hires anyone and everyone and will cut your hours for no reason. When you are hired on, there is little to no training on anything, they just throw you out there and expect you to know what you are doing. Therefore, I will never work here again and I do not recommend this store to anyone at all.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Terrible management, terrible pay, lots of drama, lazy workers.

Enjoyable work place and friendly staff

I enjoyed my five years at Dunham’s! I formed close bonds with my coworkers, and I continued to have friendships with many of them after my resignation.

Overall a terrible place to work at

the managers were terrible, the pay was even worse, and they barely staffed anyone so you were doing everything with no breaks. the expectation to smile the whole time and be 'happy' while wanting to die inside because of how bad a job it was was killing me.

Do not work here

The management was abysmal at their job, they will not promote you, you will never have a consistent schedule, never be paid enough, and if you need time off, good luck. I will never recommend the place for somewhere to work.

Pros

1 hour breaks

Cons

No benefits, bad hours, bad management

Old School

Wonderful and friendly family-owned company. The technology and ideology of the company is definitely a bit in the past, but overall have a supportive and secure environment.

Great Workplace For Teenagers

It Was A Job. It’s Nice For A Teenager’s First Job. They Didn’t Care That I Had Kids And That Life Happens And I Might Have Take Off Because One Of My Kids Got Sick.

Horrible place

I rate no stars if I could when you work and put in time for a company you expect to be treated at least descent but here don't count on that managers lie to you and cut your hours and then hire more people then cut every ones hours

Great work environment both physically and mentally.

I love working for Dunham's. They care about the workers wellbeing much more than other places do. The work environment is great. Since being with the company my health has improved both physically and mentally due to not being overworked like I was at other jobs. My coworkers are kind. Dunham's is definitely a great place for people 18+ to work. It's the best job I've ever had.

Great first job!

Was a great place to work for a first job. The managers were very nice and the coworkers were amazing. The schedule didn’t work for me due to the late hours of the 2nd shift but overall I loved working there!

Pros

Coworkers were the best.

Cons

Late hours and having to work weekends

Just awful

You will be paid poorly and you will never get a raise or a bonus. The expectations are unreasonable and you will never feel like you get a win. Just stay away.

I wasn't treated fairly. They backed out of terms we'd agreed on when I was hired. This was just my experience. I hope no one else went through this.

I was hired at a time when they really needed new hires. I had experience as a manager and had built a good foundation at my job. I went to Dunham's for a part time cashier position on the side. The manager ended up asking me to be a part time key holder (department manager), and after agreeing to never scheduling me over a certain amount of hours, I said yes. Unfortunately they quickly backed out of that and started overworking me. Whenever I tried to broach the subject they turned me down. I eventually had to quit. I hope other people at the company are being treated differently than I was. I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt, as it was a stressful time.

Pros

+ good paycheck + treats cashiers well + opportunities to pick up shifts + internal promotions

Cons

- Poor Coaching - Management does not keep their agreements - Poor time management

Wasn't the worst place I ever worked

I can start off by saying the managers were all great during my time there. During my time there I was making 10 dollars an hour and working 34 hours a week. Things were a bit chaotic as well. Not only this but new hires were generally stuck up on the register and would have most of their training there rather than in the rest of the store. I can say the managers were for the most part all nice and would answer any questions you had while working. The best part of my job were my co-workers. The hour long lunch break was also nice.

Pros

Co-Workers and managers Hour long lunch break Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay Not very organized

Garbage company

Out of store management is absolutely terrible. Gave us raises when we said we could find better pay for less work elsewhere then cut hours to cover savings from the raises. The regional manager says 2 people can't be in an aisle because it's too much chatting and not enough work but the 3 most expensive people did nothing but talk the entire 7 hours they were in the store. They expect everything done but 15 people have 200 hours for a week and get scolded when nothing is done. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU VALUE YOURSELF

Great team members, some great managers

Overall the culture is on edge. The corporate office does not have a clue as to what happens at a store level. The store staff is very overworked with constant unnecessary changes. The store level management is constantly under pressure from corporate and it makes for a very stressful environment. The staff at the stores are great to work with. I made a lot of friends with various store staff. I loved what I did. I often found that most of us worked way too many hours “fixing” things because a new directive changed at corporate and became something that was an “emergency” to be fixed as soon as it was dictated. Communication needs to be fixed and the company needs to upgrade their processes. There are much more efficient ways to get things accomplished. I saw that the company was trying but…it was too little too late in some cases. This could be a great company and a leader in their space if they could get certain things straightened out. I see it coming but I couldn’t handle the stress anymore. I couldn’t wait the years it would take to fix.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunham's Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits