Driveline Retail Merchandising

Driveline Retail Merchandising Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,104 reviews

Great company to work for

Great field support. The scenery changes and so does the work. never boring.

Wonderful!

I enjoy everything about Driveline. I've been working for the company for 2 months, and this job is my only source of income, but I'm happy and content.

It’s a means to an end.

It’s easy to get hired but not easy to get a raise. There is either really easy work that can be finished in an hour or really hard labor intensive work that takes about 2 days to complete. The jobs are really easy to follow if you have training working at Stores already but if you have never worked at a store before and complete planograms then you’re kind of S.O.L. I haven’t received a raise in the two, almost 3 years that I’ve been working there and it just doesn’t seem worth the hassle because they also don’t pay for gas replenishment unless you are traveling far for an assignment.

Pros

Time schedule for work completion, Work by myself, easy tasks sometimes, unlimited breaks/lunch times, all virtual.

Cons

Minimal pay, Ill advised management, poor communication, sometimes labor intensive work, work accidents with minimal compensation . Many other things.

Terrible

No one ever responds. Everyone is very disorganized. Management never has a clue on anything. Can’t get people to stay cause of their disorganization!

Pros

Own scheduke

Cons

Never enough work and no one responds

Not worth it.

I’ve been at the company for almost seven months and it has been a tight several months. As far as scheduling-you do have the ability to work when you want. Outside of that, there is no gas compensation and a lot of the dollar general managers you have to work with are rude and try to micromanage you because they seem to hate this company. And should you ever have issues with a store’s treatment of you and try to talk with your supervisor about it-they are just gonna cut your hours-which are few to begin with. A lot of the jobs are just an hour here or there-so you have to drive all over the place to even make anything-and most of that is just gonna go right back into your gas tank because they do NOT reimburse you for gas. Also-while it says $10 per hour-it’s really per project. And some of these projects don’t give you enough time to complete it. So it’s really more like $5 an hour. And should you get a manager that’s petty-they can make you go back to the store for something trivial and you will NOT get paid for it. Don’t waste your time.

Great job

Great management. Great job just doesn’t pay that great or give good gas mileage. It would be nice if they pay more for gas and an hour. So I like the job.

selfpaced job scheduled how you schedule your week

open project flexibility, schedule flexibility,primarily work at your own pace to accomplish projects within a reasonable timeframe. set planograms stock shelves. reset prepaid giftcards and cellphones.

Very fun job to do!

I absolutely LOVE this job! Making new friends, not having someone breathing down my neck all day. I can take my time(kinda) until my project is perfect! Perfect for part time, or full time. Not great for gas prices though.

Learning new things and schedule flexibility

One thing I love about working for this company is the schedule flexibility . Also, I am always learning new things. It’s definitely a job that you need self discipline for though.

Flexible

Very low pay for the amount of work. Poor training. Couple hours and thrown out on your own. Job isn’t consistent. 20 hours - 40 hours per check(2 weeks) next you might get 9-15. Now way can one survive of this job with the cost of living today. Way underpaid

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not enough consistent work, poor training

Low pay for the responsibilities

Too many responsibilities and low pay. Little variety. All Dollar Generals. Part time, poor management, little travel pay. No variety in duties..

Very flexible, bad pay, poor management

Good for extra money, parents needing flexibility. Bad pay, some hire in at more than current employees make. Poor communication poor management, especially between driveline and dg. Disorganized.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Bad pay, poor management, disorganized company

Nothing Makes Sense

I was originally under the impression that I would be helping unload and put away the overload of trucks that Dollar General would get as they desperately needed help with that. Instead what I got was instructions that didn't make sense, were not clear and to put it simply just a mess. My co workers and management were always great and very kind. They did what they could, definitely. But still, it was a mess. I'm sure the employees at Dollar General were in the same boat as I was which wasn't their fault. But every time I went to do a job I could NEVER locate the items necessary to complete my assignments. It was a huge chaotic mess. No organization. No one knew where anything was and everything was ALWAYS way behind schedule because of this. Then the instructions with the planograms made absolutely no sense. It was even worse because the planograms never came close to matching the tasks at hand. I never was able to get anything done and would have to stay for hours trying to figure it all out. The pay is just ridiculous. I never got any money for travel time like I was promised. I used to work for Dollar General and already knew about how the management didn't care about the employees they barely had so I did this in the hopes wanting to do something I wanted and to help the current employees there. If I had known beforehand what I was getting myself into doing this joke of a job, I wouldn't have taken it nor would I ever recommend it to anyone ever.

Ok

Stress to the max. No body care about u. Dollar general is not a good drive line merchandise. Everything is forever where. Not enough time to get all the job and another job.

Long time employee unfair pay compensation.

I love the flexibility of being a merchandiser. I love the work that I do and being proud of my finished projects. But after working with this company for about 10 years, I’m finding out that I make very minimum pay. They hire new people above what I currently make. I do not get a raise or a pay increase to be competitive with new hires. I do a very good job, I’m thorough, I have no complaints from my stores. Overall, I feel that I’m a great merchandiser and my stores would also agree. I’m just very under paid for the great job that I do.

Pros

Very flexible schedule and lots of work.

Cons

Low pay for long term existing employees.

Flexible schedule but low pay.

I have been there over 3 years & have only had one 50 cent raise. The flexible schedule is the only draw but leaving now for more money with same scheduling.

Very fun and outgoing company to work for!

I would say driveline is a very flexible, outgoing, and fun company to work for! The district manager is very great to work with. You also can make your own schedule!

Schedule

Good if you need a job that works around your kids schedule. You can start whenever you want to. It doesn’t have the best pay but if you need a second job to have extra money in your pocket this is the place for you.

Revolving door of District Managers

No training, minimum wage. Best part is working alone. Store management is often new so you have to figure projects out yourself. Work level is heavy or none.

Lacks a lot

Not what I thought it would be and the hours they give to complete the work is not enough especially when you have to go back and redo something you messed up. NO OVERTIME and I only got 1 day of training next day I was on my own. Have to do a lot of work for $10.50 yikes! With stores barely open now days. It’s best to find something else. This field is just a side hustle.

You are required to keep your production quota even when the components are not correct and you have to modify them to work.

You are only a worker and don't get any recognition for doing a job, but make a mistake and you will regret it. Not a family friendly company. Mackay branch especially.Promises are not kept. Will not recommend working for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driveline Retail Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Driveline Retail Merchandising
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?