Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

Showing all 22,287 reviews

Enjoyed the Work, but not the Pay

I liked working at the Dollar Store in Sterling Park Va. The customers were friendly, my manager was nice and the cash register was very easy to use. Why I left was because the hours and money were awful and there wasn’t that much of an opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Easy work, nice manager and coworkers, friendly customers

Cons

Below average pay, lack of hours, benefits

Lowest paying jobs

This is a terrible company to be employed with corporate does not value their employees!! Been with the company for 8 years have never received a raise or full time employment.

Dollar tree bad

Worked with this company almost 7 years and I moved up from associate to assistant manager and freight manager. They don’t like to promote people who move up to fast they like to promote them then hire store managers from the outside even though you work hard to get to that point. The corporate and district managers are horrible they buddy buddy with others and make it hard for people to move forward.

Pros

Overworked

Cons

Overworked make you work on lunch corporate is horrible the district managers are even worse

4 hours a week

If you like working 4 hours a week then come on down! I started out with 25 to 4 hours weekly! Everyone hours were cut but some not many were given 4 hours to no hours! I had no hours 3 weeks in a row then when they call me to work its for 4 hours for the whole week! Really? You work like a horse! The store is akways a mess! Always! No place to eat thats clean so i dont eat there! Who can survive on 4 hours a week? Maybe a child, you have good workers in your westbury store give them more than 4 hours a week!

The worst place to have a job at

This place is the worst I've ever work at...there was no management skills there ,No customer service there,near bout every employee including management and ast management are Rude ,talk down to customers and other employees. The pay was not good. The store itself was so disorganized,never can find anything in the store and when you ask for help everyone was so rude and never helped... Cashier's never stayed at the register and when any. Customers came up to the register the cashier's would tell them to hold on and the cashier will go off the in the store doing something else..the store itself is very filthy...

Low hours and pay

They expect you to do everything with little pay. Hours are always being cut. Not enough hours to have a stock crew so management is left trying to stock the entire store while running back and forth to backup registers.

Work you like a horse

Was a pretty decent place until they cut bonuses, made you work longer hours for the same salary pay and cut employee hourly payroll do you can't get good help.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, few hours for hourly workers

First job

This was my first job, so it was a lot to understand and learn from but overall for a hang of it. The people I worked with were amazing, the company was meh, they have their moments but do kind of try to look out for us.

Not a terrible job

It’s an extremely easy job just extremely low pay especially now. If the company would pay more than minimum wage , just a little more like I said it is a fairly easy job.

Pros

Extremely easy and generaly peaceful .

Cons

Extremely low pay.

Being productive was fun; being short handed was not

Working at the dollar tree was fun but if I could have went back to stocking and took the pay cut I would. The store was severely understaffed, we had new management, I was a new ASM, between ringing, stocking, deposits, keeping up with OAHA standards, trash, cleaning, walking the store to prevent shrink, with basically no help became really rough.

Pros

Decent lunch & break times; helping customers

Cons

Short handed, over extending the other stockers & assistant manager

Did not enjoy working

It's a tough job and isn't worth it, way too low of a wage, im not sure how people are supposed to live off of that. I would not work here ever again.

Management is terrible

The management was terrible.I feel like I was the only one that cared about keeping the store organized. Managers were taking their smoke breaks in front of the store (totally unprofessional to be smoking where customers are coming in)

Fun workplace if you're a people person.

A very fast paced work environment. Dollar Tree does promote within before going to the outside. You really have to like working with people and the fast pace to enjoy going to work here and I did. I absolutely loved loved my job.

Pros

Promotes within

Cons

Very fast paced.

Good hard working with heavy lifting.

A typical day at Dollar Tree for a stocker would be multiple carts with 8 medium boxes minimum. I learned the basics skills for unloading a truck of merchandise. The hardest part of the job would be unloading the truck every week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service.

Pros

Free meals or sugar goods every week

Cons

Short Breaks

Associates are not paid enough to maintain a sound base of quality workers.

Corporate needs to create that, if they paid a true living wage more workers would stay and move up the ranks to higher postions. Since basic positions have such a low wage, workers gave no goals to obtain. They know they will not get a raise, no matter what, so that completely ruins moral. There doesn't seem to be a ladder to climb for success. Doesn't Corporate see that? Are they blind???

Horrible company to work for.

This company is HORRIBLE to work for. They do not appreciate their hard workers and management is HORRIBLE as well . I do not recommend no one to this job.

Find someplace else to work

They want you to work as fast as they say you should, not how fast you can.Management makes promises they have no intention of keeping. I made 2k less 30 YRS. AGO in a similar position in restaurants. Terrible company, find someplace else to work.

Pros

The employees who worked with me.

Cons

Everything else not included in Pros

Horrible management, unclean, unsanitary

The job isn't difficult. There are some good people who work there, but the store manager is not one of them. Worst person I ever worked for. And don't try to move up in the company.

Just a job

It's just a job, you get in stock shelves and thats it. Not bad just nothing special. Chronically understaffed however which makes it annoying to have to ring up an entire line of people by yourself.

Easy work

The managers I had personally were always great. I didn’t appreciate the pay being so low but it was a job none the less and I could pull in overtime with understaffed hours. I just wish they had seats for the cashiers, so a big fluffy sole of shoe would be recommended for always being on your feet.

Fun place to work awesome caring people

Dollar Tree is a very fun company to work for I love the flexibility that I had as an assistant manager there I love how my manager was always there to help me and when I got promoted to store manager I was able to be to be a strong leader because of the leadership I had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Dollar Tree
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?