Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Its productive because it helped poor people and because of this program their children are able to study well. The work place is very nice because the people were very supportive and respectful.
Pros
Free load card, printer, ink, paper supplies.
Cons
10 hours
Salary / Benefits
Working in this company is very fun and exciting. Aside from encoding data. We are also a field worker. Visiting the barangay community about the sub project. All the output that has been processed in the sub projects will be submitted to the database manager which I am liable for. This job is enjoyable and teamwork leads in this company.
Pros
Good facility
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is just to finish your quota / day. You will learn about the database how its work. The hardest part of the job is just the handwriting from the data form, you must understand it, The most enjoyable part of the job is environment, its give you chills and relax.
Pros
Free equipment
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
My work at DSWD-FO7 is a special project of the department callef KALAHI-CIDSS. It was an implementation of priority projects of the locality which were affected by Bagyong Yolanda. As Area Coordinator i ensured the implementation with appropriate budget people's identified projects. Proper observance of the law on procurement and bidding was also required.
Pros
People themselves identified, plan, implement, monitor and assess project implementation.
Cons
Tideous and long processes and procedures
Salary / Benefits
good place to work fun and good environment to work at. you will learn about different cultures and people.sometimes you travel to meet and to serve the people in your society
Pros
good benefits
Salary / Benefits
They gave us a great on the job training experience. We didn't experience the traditional work of an intern. They let us go on different municipalities to experience field works and we actually enjoy it.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
No allowance
Salary / Benefits
Works from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5 pm, as a government employee the job is fullfilling especially when you help and meet the clients satisfaction. Most of our client are from the vulnerable areas that needs support from the government. Multi-tasking is one of the abilities of some employees. Provides training for employees enhancancement. Here at DSWD the agency also provide load allowance, incentives/bonuses, which the employees enjoyed.The most enjoyable part of being an employee here at DSWD was the trainings in which we can go to different provinces in CALABARZON.
Pros
Load allowance
Cons
Urgent reports
Salary / Benefits
Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key
Pros
With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance
Cons
Always on call since we are working with people .inservice
Salary / Benefits
Always think for the welfare of the employees and motivate everyone to there dull potential. The office is againts corruption and encourage employees to be honest because a public office is a public trust.
Salary / Benefits
The job gave me opportunity to work in most marginalized communities in the country. Very rewarding but the security and salary is really not compensating the work load. Most of the time the work requires long hours doing paper works and community immersion.
Pros
Very rewarding knowing that you are helping the less privileged community
Cons
Hours of hiking mostly in a steep terrains just to reach the area, too many paper works to be submitted in short amount of time
Salary / Benefits
A friendly and very productive workplace. Everyday I gain different knowledge and challenges to face the reality of life. Sometimes there are some complications but I can manage it before the end of the day and make it even more productive. Assisting clients concerns/issues and lending my ears to them helps me a lot on how to control emotions and face challenges.
Salary / Benefits
My typical day in work is adjustment in place. Because in everday diifferent place assigned to me. and the working place its also diffcult because of weather its hot outside when im in working place.. and im happy i met different people that they want care and i learned a lot of them,
Pros
Reinbursement, Tev
Salary / Benefits
I've been in the government industry since 2014 until May 2019, In my daily work assisting client from different Barangays helping them to update their information in our system like change of school or health center and change of basic information.My work is full of productivity in terms with my caseloads and the people whom i worked with. I use to work in the province of Cebu, Philippines with those indigenous people, Every training give us a hint on how are we going to serve people and help those in need. The hardest part is when there is a calamity and we need to be in the said area. Enjoyable moments is when I'm going to conduct a monitoring of students which they'll going to give me a high five every time i'll visit their rooms.
Pros
free training
Cons
unpaid overtime
Salary / Benefits
-data management -in depth understanding of different cultures of Indigenous people within the Region -Reconciling the financial datas to be submitted from Regional Provinces Offices to Central Office
Salary / Benefits
This is my first ever job when I was 16 years old. Working in a very young age, I really enjoyed it there. It was a fun working with the people and I have learned a lot from them/
Pros
free snacks
Salary / Benefits
the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure
Pros
free allowance
Cons
no proper tenure
Salary / Benefits
Working at DSWD will ready an individual for hardships, deliverables with short timelines. Handling pressure and giving deliverables on time is already a great achievement. Working with people suffering from poverty is also an eye opener, empathizing with the poor and helping them.
Pros
You get to serve the poor, do field work.
Cons
Work/Life balance is not balanced
Salary / Benefits
I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.
Salary / Benefits
Understand the basics of a SHORT business description. ... List EVERYTHING that your business offers. ... Identify what you really WANT to sell. ... Use the RULE of three! ... Attract the RIGHT customer. ... Put it ALL together. ... Know when to get HELP.
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.
Salary / Benefits
in a typical day we will go to work at 8 and will took out at 5pm. we usually start a day with work with a a bunch of files we'll record at the end of the day. we have quota so if we finish early we will have our free time.
Pros
free time is your choice if youve done your work
Cons
nothing