Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Its productive because it helped poor people and because of this program their children are able to study well. The work place is very nice because the people were very supportive and respectful.
Pros
Free load card, printer, ink, paper supplies.
Cons
10 hours
Salary / Benefits
Quality of work (accuracy, thoroughness, competence) Quantity of work (productivity level, time management, ability to meet deadlines) Working relationships (ability to work with others, communication skills) Achievements
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part here is where I got new friends and enjoy every moment that we had inside our work. We make fun of each other like we know each other well.
Salary / Benefits
productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits
Salary / Benefits
The government agency has a good working environment, approachable and friendly staff, well-rounded staffing in every department and a good working conditions towards the public.
Salary / Benefits
The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..
Salary / Benefits
Collecting and distributing forms. Monitoring where the validators validating. Secure and protect data. Adventurous and exciting workplace. If some of the beneficiary did not give the true information.
Salary / Benefits
An agency which is a helping hand of those who got abused, An agency were able to help those in need. whose victim of crimes, violence, especially those children whose victim of abuses and discrimination.
Salary / Benefits
-Very challenging because of different people that we met everyday. -We interview the clients and checking their documents. -Its fun to encounter other people and also sad because of their needs and problems. -The hardest part of our job is when the client gets angry, because their documents is not correct and we suggest to come back next week. -The most enjoyable part of our job is simply your workmate when you make laugh. -The management is good and they provide what are needed in the area and in the barangays.
Pros
Free Meal and Free Service
Cons
Long hours sometimes depends on the clients serve
Salary / Benefits
seeing marginalized and abused people go inside the office everyday and then greeted and taken good care of our seniors in the office inspires me to also do better and genuinely care for our clients. They push you to do better and to be better.
Pros
Homey environment
Cons
little job vacancy/ opportunities
Salary / Benefits
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries. You help them uplift their social well being by providing livelihood services to them. It gives you a sense of importance at work.
Pros
Fullfilling
Cons
Marginalized areas
Salary / Benefits
The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging
Salary / Benefits
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is mandated by law to develop, administer and implement comprehensive social welfare programs designed to uplift the living conditions and empower the disadvantaged children, youth, women, older persons, person with disabilities, families in crisis or at-risk and communities needing assistance.
Salary / Benefits
very difficult job, requires great agility in all aspects. be prepared for the worst and make sure that u do the work with passion and love. one of the most difficult department in Philippines
Salary / Benefits
My job was to handle the financial reports of a specific town. The work was at times demanding but nonetheless it was fulfilling. I would recommend working here if you are in the Philippines. It gives you the opportunity to be immersed in the front lines of Poverty Reduction efforts of the government.
Salary / Benefits
My stint with DSWD was just project based though I learned a lot during my stay. I experienced dealing with people especially the elderly. Good experience.
Salary / Benefits
We are in the are where in we interview every household regarding to how many are they in the family and what is there cost of living..and how much is they earned in a month
Salary / Benefits
About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.
Salary / Benefits
Some of the supervisor are strick so I am doing my task as long as accomplish in a certain period of time. You should manage your time in able to submit in a right time
Pros
Free lunches and transportation
Salary / Benefits
In this job, you will find joy and pleasure to serve Filipino indigent because of the help of the government using us. it gives hope to every Filipino to have their own Houses which are safer than their previous and start in their new home by giving them, financial assistant.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
Political Issues
Salary / Benefits
Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .
Pros
Free Tranportation
Cons
long Hour