Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Its productive because it helped poor people and because of this program their children are able to study well. The work place is very nice because the people were very supportive and respectful.
Pros
Free load card, printer, ink, paper supplies.
Cons
10 hours
Salary / Benefits
Variety of professionals working on one team. wide range of skills necessary for each project that is provided. output based deliverables for each phase of the project
Salary / Benefits
Hardest part of the job is you'll handle 800-1,000 households and the management will expect an updated case folder for each household. The most enjoyable part is you are earning while serving others.
Salary / Benefits
I am totally culture shock and it was very competitive environment. I was not totally enjoying my job but I felt I am competing myself and others. It should be enjoyable environment to nurture and improve.
Salary / Benefits
Department of Social Welfare and Development provides social protection and promote the rights and welfare of the poor, vulnerable and the disadvantaged individual, family and community to contribute to poverty alleviation and empowerment through Social Welfare Development policies, programs, projects and services implemented with or through Local Government Units, NGOs, other members of civil society."
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot about this company. They help me in so many things and they are very generous and kind. The workplace culture are very nice and clean.
Salary / Benefits
I am passionate and generous in everything i do. I love teaching and always with children and treat them like my own children. I always look for thier safety first before anything else. I always assist them in everything they do and i also cook for my students every supplemental feeding. As a teacher and a mother of children its my pleasure to be with them and teach them all the good manners while growing and let them enjoy thier childhood moment while with me.theknowledge that i have and .
Salary / Benefits
Enjoyed my time in the workplace and met a lot of people of different background and character. Learned a lot about community, development, and implementation and administration of Projects.
Pros
Warm People
Cons
Long Trips on Boat
Salary / Benefits
Trustworthy, confident and competent co-workers and supervisors. Enjoyed my two years experience in the office. Learned lessons in management, administration and operation of the Programs being implemented.
Salary / Benefits
The work there is actually easy but the thing is our salary will always be delayed without any valid reason and we don't have benefits and all. And we are job order employees and we are neglected sometimes.
Salary / Benefits
It is really great that you work to help the poor yet being compensated. The people were very happy after they received the grant for their project as well as it has an impact to the community.
Salary / Benefits
It was nice working in the place were you could enhance not only yourself but your perspective, ideas and Patience. Developing my teaching skills and be responsible and precise well being
Salary / Benefits
In this job your patience and your emotional intelligence will be test. You will encounter different personalities everyday. You have to calm yourself in cantering thier complains about their befits because there are can't easily understand.
Salary / Benefits
They offer a lot of training's for you to improve more, work is from monday till friday only..there's a time for family, management is nice, Workplace culture is friendly environment, Hardest part of the job is when you did not deliver the expected output expected from you in a limited time due to Barangay's location, enjoyable part of the job..is you have the opportunity to visit and explore different beautiful places,encounter different kinds of people and learn something from them...,Its nice to work with the community residents at the barangay and be a part of being dependent to others into Empowerment....
Salary / Benefits
From Planning (Designing, Estimating), Implementation and Monitoring of Projects up to Operation and Maintenance of the Sub-Projects of the barangays from the municipality of Malalalag.
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot of things by working in DSWD which help me in accomplishing my tasks in my current job. My experience in DSWD has been my training ground for becoming an effective worker.
Salary / Benefits
Oversee my enumerators. Daily checked and reviewed their outputs. Guide them what to do. Reported output of my enumerators to the area coordinator.
Salary / Benefits
Amazing people working in convergence on various programs of the government. Lots of opportunities for professional growth. But working with the government, in general, does not provide security of tenure.
Salary / Benefits
The experience there was enjoyable and unforgettable. We were able to interact with our fellow indigenous people and had a learned much lessons from their culture. Being able to help in empowering our local community to uplift their way of living and aid the government's advocacy to alleviate poverty was the best part of the whole working experience.
Salary / Benefits
Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.
Salary / Benefits
The hardest things to forget when i was in the service, when we are conducting food assistance for the evacuees during the war of abusayaf and philippine army.