Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Salary & Benefits reviews

Philippines629 reviews

Clear
3.7Salary & Benefits

Challenging and a fun workplace most specially because we are engaged in field works. Its juat that the salary is always delayed but nevertheless I enjoyed working with them and I will treasure all those experiences because I have seen a lot of difficult situation that my fellow countryman experience and I learned many things through this experiences.

Pros

Reimbursment of travel expenses

Cons

Delayed salary

It’s a big sacrifice to work for this organization, physically, mentally and emotionally

The job fulfills you but it’s also very high risk because you get no benefits, you get no insurance and yet you are always at the frontlines of disasters making sure that the needs of the most vulnerable sectors are met. Growth is tough. Management is difficult. There is a lot of politics. But when you are deployed to the field and you get to immerse yourself in the wonderful communities, you realize that maybe sticking out to help these people is all you’ll ever really need to be fulfilled in your line of work

Pros

It’s a meaningful job since your work is for the poorest in the country

Cons

Lack of work life balance since you are in the front line services, You are called to work 24 hours sometimes especially during major disasters, No insurance if you are not a regular employee, No job security especially during election

Collaborative.Fast-paced.Good working environment.Job security advancement.Salary benefits.Management.Job culture.Job work.Work-life balance.Peer Review

Productive. Good management

Productive. Good management. Boss are kind. Sometimes stressful but still manageable and enjoying to work. Good pay also. Just need to be patient sometimes late pay.

Productive and fun being with co workers.

The only problem of this company is when it comes to the salary especially for their field staffs its really needs to wait how many months before getting it and not helpful especially for those who are needed it 🤔😔.

Pros

Not really! Sometimes snacks.

Cons

Most of the time long working hours.

Work Ethics, Poor Management, Unhealthy working environment, limited opportunity to get regular job, No work-life balance.

Same with the usual problem in all government offices, regular are more entitled, contract employees have no benefits even they are working most of the regular functions. No work-life balance and some regular employees and directors are taking advantage of their positions. Corrupt practices, like overtime, while doing nothing, etc.

Cons

Long Hours of work, calls and meeting during weekends and when your on leave, management are using their power excessively and take advantage for those COS and JO workers.

Heavy workload from field work to paper works.

DSWD teached us how to be a flexible with own planning, good coordination and multi-tasking individual. Aside from working at field from 8:00am to 5:00pm, working from home is required to check the accomplishment of staffs everyday.

Pros

6, 000 travel expense voucher every month, load allowance every month

Fun and worth it

It's good to be here because I love serving people especially those unfortunate brothers and sisters , as a PDO we are the one reaching out to deserving beneficiaries for sustainable livelihood program.

Pros

High salary and benefits

Cons

No job security in terms of renewal of contract because it is only a project based work .

Productive and Fun Workplace

Our supervisor is great and very considerate. Reaching quota is not that stressful because the employees are so motivated and the pay is good as well.

Fulfilling but stressful and unorganized management

The work can be fulfilling especially when you are assigned in areas wherein you have to deal with clients/patients. It is also good for those wants to apply their skills in social works or related skills.

Pros

Fulfilling and you can practice your soft skills

Cons

Delayed salary, many paper works and signatories, very inefficient and slow procedures, many unnecessary meetings

Nothing to say so far.

We we're too tired, our work is on field understood very we work even the sun rises, but i think thats not fare. Imagine we still haven't get our salary until now?

The salary we get depends on theforms that we will verify, 5 pesos per piece

Its nice to work in such company as DSWD you are working while helping others to get some benefits but about the salary its always delayed for us because we are just contractual workers

enjoyed while working, visit different places

Project based doesn't have benefits like what u had expected, sometimes delayed salary, fixed some trouble from head of department. Enjoyed while working like visiting different places. Over all i had much fun to be part of this agency.

Good Company

Good salary and opportunities to work and stay in the company. You learn to manage well your time due to deadlines expected and unexpected ones. Still, it is a good company.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Long hours and deadlines

i have an friendly workmates

having a good workmates can make your work more fun and less stress, i experienced that feelings when i got a part time job in dswd because it's more happy when i go to work

tiring but fun..

The work and salary amount is indeed good but sometimes the salary is very delayed. But overall it's fun and memorable experience as a field worker...

A place for a career development

You will work for 5 days a week. A place where your career will develop. The management is good and the salary is justifiable. The hardest part of the job is the time pressure to finish the projects.

Pros

Free hotel accommodations during trainings

Cons

Need to do overtime work in order to cope up with the timelines

I worked as enumerator. It was so stressful.

The work is field enumerator for listahanan. It was so stressful due to many occuring changes of codes from the region. The pay is not consistent in terms of pay release. Until now were still waiting for the travel expenses. It took three months to be hired. And the is always late for release. The upper is so demanding

Delayed Salary

The work there is actually easy but the thing is our salary will always be delayed without any valid reason and we don't have benefits and all. And we are job order employees and we are neglected sometimes.

It was stressful but all good as well

Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.

so much challenges in working with the department

productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in popular locations