Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Salary & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Salary & Benefits

Salary / Benefits

Heavy workload from field work to paper works.

DSWD teached us how to be a flexible with own planning, good coordination and multi-tasking individual. Aside from working at field from 8:00am to 5:00pm, working from home is required to check the accomplishment of staffs everyday.

Pros

6, 000 travel expense voucher every month, load allowance every month

Salary / Benefits

Work Ethics, Poor Management, Unhealthy working environment, limited opportunity to get regular job, No work-life balance.

Same with the usual problem in all government offices, regular are more entitled, contract employees have no benefits even they are working most of the regular functions. No work-life balance and some regular employees and directors are taking advantage of their positions. Corrupt practices, like overtime, while doing nothing, etc.

Cons

Long Hours of work, calls and meeting during weekends and when your on leave, management are using their power excessively and take advantage for those COS and JO workers.

Fun and worth it

It's good to be here because I love serving people especially those unfortunate brothers and sisters , as a PDO we are the one reaching out to deserving beneficiaries for sustainable livelihood program.

Pros

High salary and benefits

Cons

No job security in terms of renewal of contract because it is only a project based work .

Productive and Fun Workplace

Our supervisor is great and very considerate. Reaching quota is not that stressful because the employees are so motivated and the pay is good as well.
Salary / Benefits

Fulfilling but stressful and unorganized management

The work can be fulfilling especially when you are assigned in areas wherein you have to deal with clients/patients. It is also good for those wants to apply their skills in social works or related skills.

Pros

Fulfilling and you can practice your soft skills

Cons

Delayed salary, many paper works and signatories, very inefficient and slow procedures, many unnecessary meetings

Nothing to say so far.

We we're too tired, our work is on field understood very we work even the sun rises, but i think thats not fare. Imagine we still haven't get our salary until now?

The salary we get depends on theforms that we will verify, 5 pesos per piece

Its nice to work in such company as DSWD you are working while helping others to get some benefits but about the salary its always delayed for us because we are just contractual workers
Salary / Benefits

enjoyed while working, visit different places

Project based doesn't have benefits like what u had expected, sometimes delayed salary, fixed some trouble from head of department. Enjoyed while working like visiting different places. Over all i had much fun to be part of this agency.

Good Company

Good salary and opportunities to work and stay in the company. You learn to manage well your time due to deadlines expected and unexpected ones. Still, it is a good company.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Long hours and deadlines
Salary / Benefits

i have an friendly workmates

having a good workmates can make your work more fun and less stress, i experienced that feelings when i got a part time job in dswd because it's more happy when i go to work

Jobs at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

See more jobs

tiring but fun..

The work and salary amount is indeed good but sometimes the salary is very delayed. But overall it's fun and memorable experience as a field worker...
Salary / Benefits

A place for a career development

You will work for 5 days a week. A place where your career will develop. The management is good and the salary is justifiable. The hardest part of the job is the time pressure to finish the projects.

Pros

Free hotel accommodations during trainings

Cons

Need to do overtime work in order to cope up with the timelines
Salary / Benefits

I worked as enumerator. It was so stressful.

The work is field enumerator for listahanan. It was so stressful due to many occuring changes of codes from the region. The pay is not consistent in terms of pay release. Until now were still waiting for the travel expenses. It took three months to be hired. And the is always late for release. The upper is so demanding

Delayed Salary

The work there is actually easy but the thing is our salary will always be delayed without any valid reason and we don't have benefits and all. And we are job order employees and we are neglected sometimes.
Salary / Benefits

It was stressful but all good as well

Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.
Salary / Benefits

so much challenges in working with the department

productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits

Excellent Job

The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..
Salary / Benefits

Productive and happy in the work

We are in the are where in we interview every household regarding to how many are they in the family and what is there cost of living..and how much is they earned in a month
Salary / Benefits

As field worker i injoy a lot especially when i was in barangay i learned how they live ,the way they intertain some visitors

About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.

Friendly workmates

Some of the supervisor are strick so I am doing my task as long as accomplish in a certain period of time. You should manage your time in able to submit in a right time

Pros

Free lunches and transportation

Productive and Fun workplace

Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .

Pros

Free Tranportation

Cons

long Hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Salary / Benefits