Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Management reviews

Philippines600 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Many trainings and seminars conducted to the staff. It includes Financial Management, Project Management, Auditing and Human Resource. Good for fresh graduates.
Salary / Benefits
You will work for 5 days a week. A place where your career will develop. The management is good and the salary is justifiable. The hardest part of the job is the time pressure to finish the projects.
Pros
Free hotel accommodations during trainings
Cons
Need to do overtime work in order to cope up with the timelines
Salary / Benefits
To obtain a meaningful and valuable work where I can apply the knowledge that I have learned and develop my personality as a career person while utilizing my skills and to bring out and harness the best of my potentials for the glory of God and for the benefit of my employer, the community, and myself in preparation for the future advancement to the top management
Salary / Benefits
Hardest part of the job is you'll handle 800-1,000 households and the management will expect an updated case folder for each household.
The most enjoyable part is you are earning while serving others.
Salary / Benefits
Trustworthy, confident and competent co-workers and supervisors. Enjoyed my two years experience in the office. Learned lessons in management, administration and operation of the Programs being implemented.
Salary / Benefits
The work there is actually easy but the thing is our salary will always be delayed without any valid reason and we don't have benefits and all. And we are job order employees and we are neglected sometimes.
Salary / Benefits
They offer a lot of training's for you to improve more, work is from monday till friday only..there's a time for family, management is nice, Workplace culture is friendly environment, Hardest part of the job is when you did not deliver the expected output expected from you in a limited time due to Barangay's location, enjoyable part of the job..is you have the opportunity to visit and explore different beautiful places,encounter different kinds of people and learn something from them...,Its nice to work with the community residents at the barangay and be a part of being dependent to others into Empowerment....
Salary / Benefits
Quality of work (accuracy, thoroughness, competence)
Quantity of work (productivity level, time management, ability to meet deadlines)
Working relationships (ability to work with others, communication skills)
Achievements
Salary / Benefits
An agency which is a helping hand of those who got abused, An agency were able to help those in need. whose victim of crimes, violence, especially those children whose victim of abuses and discrimination.
Salary / Benefits
-Very challenging because of different people that we met everyday.
-We interview the clients and checking their documents.

-Its fun to encounter other people and also sad because of their needs and problems.

-The hardest part of our job is when the client gets angry, because their documents is not correct and we suggest to come back next week.

-The most enjoyable part of our job is simply your workmate when you make laugh.

-The management is good and they provide what are needed in the area and in the barangays.
Pros
Free Meal and Free Service
Cons
Long hours sometimes depends on the clients serve
Salary / Benefits
The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging
Salary / Benefits
Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .
Pros
Free Tranportation
Cons
long Hour
-data management
-in depth understanding of different cultures of Indigenous people within the Region
-Reconciling the financial datas to be submitted from Regional Provinces Offices to Central Office
Salary / Benefits
the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure
Pros
free allowance
Cons
no proper tenure
Salary / Benefits
I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.
Salary / Benefits
we work on monday to friday .
Learned lot of thing by doing a field interview and encoding through database system.

they have a good management.
field and office works.

interviewing a person with different attitude.

i enjoy doing a field work i can visit different places.
Pros
allowance
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
As a documenter, I learned a lot when it comes to Disaster risk management and other topics discussed in the training module that I documented. The facilitators handled the event very successfully without any hassle. And they also know how to have fun while at work. If given a chance, I will choose to work there.
Pros
free lunch, transpo
Cons
nothing
Salary / Benefits
Nice working on Field Work , learned from different kinds of people. Loved helping people specially those in needs. I just hope the management will also help they're people or workers with fair compensation.
Pros
loved to help poorest of the poor
Cons
stability of work .
Salary / Benefits
I worked Monday to Friday from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon, but most of the time, I worked overtime and weekends. Checking staff monthly case loads and monthly reports. Monthly staff meetings and area supervision. Meeting with the Local Government Unit quarterly. I learned so much from the Department of Social Welfare and Development, from Intake, Assessment, Case Management, Counselling, Referral to other departments and working with other Government Departments like Department of Health and Department of Interior and Local Government and Non Government Department and Private Sector. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the poor Family beneficiaries and children from far flung areas. Helping them in sending their children to school through the programs and services of the Government. Helping the parents know their rights through Family Development Session. Learned new information from seminars and workshops. The hardest part of my job was when during rainy season and we cannot easily delivered the services in mountainous areas.
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
The agency is great. They provide the needs of thier staff as to trainings and knowledge management. It is so great to be part of this prestigious government agency.
the work place is fun
the management treat the employees well
plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts
the work load is not that difficult.
Pros
Free Meals (out based employees)
Cons
always travel
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.