Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews for Social Services Assistant

Salary / Benefits
The nature of work is within Clerical works, being a nurse that assisting patients and the society itself. Knowing more people with the community. Working in the department boost my individual growth and also how I became the person now.
Salary / Benefits
Learned alot during my tenure in this agency. field work and office works. was able to practice and enhance my abilities in dealing with people and with co workers.
Salary / Benefits
I've been in the government industry since 2014 until May 2019, In my daily work assisting client from different Barangays helping them to update their information in our system like change of school or health center and change of basic information.My work is full of productivity in terms with my caseloads and the people whom i worked with. I use to work in the province of Cebu, Philippines with those indigenous people, Every training give us a hint on how are we going to serve people and help those in need. The hardest part is when there is a calamity and we need to be in the said area. Enjoyable moments is when I'm going to conduct a monitoring of students which they'll going to give me a high five every time i'll visit their rooms.
Pros
free training
Cons
unpaid overtime
Salary / Benefits
Working at DSWD will ready an individual for hardships, deliverables with short timelines. Handling pressure and giving deliverables on time is already a great achievement. Working with people suffering from poverty is also an eye opener, empathizing with the poor and helping them.
Pros
You get to serve the poor, do field work.
Cons
Work/Life balance is not balanced
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is challenging, you should meet the deadlines given in your report.You need to go early in the office. I communicate different people. I need to be patient talking to people who lacks of information about the program. We teach people about their basic hygiene and their rights as a human. The hardest part of the job is when you see your beneficiaries suffer poverty. But the most enjoyable is that when you see your beneficiaries happy with your helps to make their live better.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
It was good indeed that I personally work as one of the agency in the Philippines because it helps me in terms of how to deal people especially the poor among the poorest and it was fulfilling that I was able to be part of the said agency.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
8 hours per day
Salary / Benefits
Good working relationship with co-workers and can communicate clearly to understand with,focused on work,must follow the sop working procedures,keep clean and organized the working place.
Pros
Free food
Salary / Benefits
my previous work as a social welfare assistant contributed to me personally when it comes to submission of needed documents, discipline to deal with clients and proper documentation of every accomplishments conducted throughout the day.
Pros
Conducive Place for Learning
Cons
Flexible Time
Salary / Benefits
I am blessed to work as social welfare assistant at DSWD I am more productive,more patient and manage the multi tasks. Filing of documents and encoding are my primary tasks.
Pros
Transportation Allowance
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work was encode all non-compliance beneficiaries in Education, Health and Family Development Session. Receive issues and concerns of the beneficiaries. Smooth relations with my co-workers. The management was supportive but I want a security of my position because in my 6 years in the department I was only a Cost of Service (MOA) position which their is no tenure of security in the Agency I served but I have learned a lot special with dealing to others. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I conducting Family Development Session to our beneficiaries. Through Family Development Session I enhance my skills and ability to speech as a Resource speaker.
Salary / Benefits
I learned how to deal with clients especially those in needs of care, mental, emotional aspects. I learned how to able to cope from distress situation when a person or family goes extremely in their lives. My inner & outer core was being openly to public which I thought I will not able too but in this job I got myself more confidently and able to think wisely for any situation will come. To experience this kind of job was out of my line but was so thankful that I delivered it gracefully with dedications to out reach my self to many kinds of people.
Pros
bonus, allowance
Salary / Benefits
touching lives of the people in the community especially those poorest among the poor people. this institution gives more benefits for those people who have difficulties in sending their children to school financially.
Pros
15th month pay
Salary / Benefits
Most of the time I was at the office doing updates and attending to inquiries But once in every 2 months I monitored the compliance of the beneficiaries where I get to visit schools and health centers to check their attendance. I learned that being a social worker is a noble job because it takes dedication, patience, and passion to be with the community people. Since we were under a national project I'd say that the management is very supportive with their employees needs. My co-workers are very fun to be with and we always work as a team. The hardest part with this job were the abrupt deadlines but in summary I really enjoyed my job here being an assistant social worker.
Pros
good salary
Cons
abrupt deadlines
Salary / Benefits
Serve and assist the Pantawid Pamilya beneficiaries. Entertain clients answering their quiries. Gained more knowledge in the field of Social Sciences. Accomplished reports,submitted on time. Set time to have a bonding with my office mates. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can serve those who are indigents.
Pros
Can go to different places, meet new friends.Gained more knowlwdge.
Cons
Calamities, you cannot predict what happened to the area and most of all the security of the beneficiaries.
Salary / Benefits
Im a happy person and fun to be with. I love playing badminton. I can easily adjust type of personality. My co-wokers are younger than I but even my function is to assist my co-workers, my co-workers still give me a change to share my knowledge in a small and simple way. The hardest part of my job is to be at field and you are out budget for the transportation. My most enjoyable part of my job is to mingle other people and learned to teach my self as a blessings to others.
Salary / Benefits
my typical day at work was focus more in computer handling, i gather the all information of the beneficiaries on my designated area..I Learned so much in Microsoft excel and my sociable life was enhance .About to the management is really fine.But the problem is i was assigned very far away to my home and my family..my co-workers is not fine,,the problem i encountered during the duty there are no unity of the team..they abused me on work.The hardest part of the job is there no unity and no helping each other.. the most enjoyable that i encountered are the job is more adventure and fun i love the job but my co-workers doesn't love me..And i meet special someone but in short time but i really happy that i know him..
Cons
short break