Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews for Senior Program Officer

Salary / Benefits
i have learned that I will always go with the flow with my own understanding and knowledge because no one will teach you one by one. You should be flexible enough to handle stress
Salary / Benefits
The department able to you to learn different work. Your are not only focus on the assigned work but allow you to experience other offered field of work of the organization in order to achieve its vision, mission and goals.
Salary / Benefits
Amazing people working in convergence on various programs of the government. Lots of opportunities for professional growth. But working with the government, in general, does not provide security of tenure.
Salary / Benefits
The office is a good start for me to practiced my proffession in order to observed and do the tasked required for me to adopt and recognized the work load.and to annalyzed such things for my future work
Pros
Free seminar and trainings conducted
Cons
Free health forum
Salary / Benefits
I work for 8 hours in 5 days under Crisis Intervention Section (aid to Individuals in crisis situation) to those people seeking help especially individuals who has financially constraint by providing medical, burial, educational, transportation and food Assistance. Also giving counselling to those affected the circumstances, guide to refer in stakeholders if they need other services, prepare case study report. I learned a lot in my job considering that this job is not easy handling individuals in different manner of problem encountered. The place is safe no culture discrimination. The hardest job is when you absorb all the complaints and demands of every clients that turned to exhaust me. The most enjoyable part on this job is when you see the clients are happy and met their needs and satisfied the programs and services offered.
Salary / Benefits
It is good that the operation of the department have a long time because it is not easy to reach out the people in need. But what I do not like is the sustainability of the operarion due to financial or budgeting problem.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Unsecured
Salary / Benefits
It is good working with the department becausw throu this, we work for people in need. What I do not like is the security of tenure. Most of the employees are in MOA which means that employees are not regular.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Unsecured
Salary / Benefits
For several years of working in the Department, I learned a lot particularly in dealing with various type of clientele. Attitude,values, flexibility, willingness to assimilate new ideas and commitment are some of the important characteristics that I have developed while working in this company. Furthermore, I was able to adjust with different type of personality of my co-workers and do believe that harmonious working relationship is essential to have a healthy and peaceful working environment. Smooth interpersonal relationship with co-workers really matters to improve work performance.For me, the hardest part of my job is sometimes if the Department is conducting a rescue operation or disaster operation because we have to be in the office even we are also a victim of calamity. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I was able to help and became an instrument in the improvement of the psycho-social well being of my clients with special needs.
Pros
we have productivity incentive and magna carta for social workers
Cons
no overtime pay