Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews for Philanthropy Manager

Philanthropy Manager76 reviews
Philippines76 reviews

Project Development Officer II

Being with DSWD F.O. X Family for almost 8 years gave me the opportunity to grow - career wise. The trainings are all for personal upliftment and were able to help me in the performance of my work efficiently, effectively, and smartly. The heads of office, headed by the Regional Director, Assistant RD for Operations, and ARDA were able to mold us into giving our all for the service of our less marginalized few and vulnerables in the society/community we are serving. Indeed, working with DSWD F.O. X is a fulfilling and rewarding work experience.

Pros

Travelling Allowance, Load Cards, and Technical Assistance

Cons

Long but fulfilling work hours

Productive and friendly work. You have the chance to reach out to the kess fortunate and provide them with sustainable livelihood to augment income...

Fun and worth it

It's good to be here because I love serving people especially those unfortunate brothers and sisters , as a PDO we are the one reaching out to deserving beneficiaries for sustainable livelihood program.

Pros

High salary and benefits

Cons

No job security in terms of renewal of contract because it is only a project based work .

In going to the field or area of asssignment.

Being a government worker for almost 5 years is my pleasure and honored, I learned a lot and experienced actual interaction with the people who needs help.I loved my job and I'm proud being a government worker even though its a stressful job but it's has a great feeling that you help others.

I learned to be flexible and work under pressure.

Hardest part of the job is you'll handle 800-1,000 households and the management will expect an updated case folder for each household. The most enjoyable part is you are earning while serving others.

Productive and competitive

I am totally culture shock and it was very competitive environment. I was not totally enjoying my job but I felt I am competing myself and others. It should be enjoyable environment to nurture and improve.

Productive and fun

It is really great that you work to help the poor yet being compensated. The people were very happy after they received the grant for their project as well as it has an impact to the community.

It was stressful but all good as well

Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.

so much challenges in working with the department

productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits

Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries.

Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries. You help them uplift their social well being by providing livelihood services to them. It gives you a sense of importance at work.

Pros

Fullfilling

Cons

Marginalized areas

difficult job

very difficult job, requires great agility in all aspects. be prepared for the worst and make sure that u do the work with passion and love. one of the most difficult department in Philippines

Your Job description is only your job

In this job, you will find joy and pleasure to serve Filipino indigent because of the help of the government using us. it gives hope to every Filipino to have their own Houses which are safer than their previous and start in their new home by giving them, financial assistant.

Pros

free transportation

Cons

Political Issues

It was productive and challenging especially working with the poor people

Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key

Pros

With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance

Cons

Always on call since we are working with people .inservice

Very satisfying work experience.

I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.

Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.

Travel and getting to know people, lives and economic status

Its a great opportunity working with such people inside and out of the company. It is indeed a fun and tiring experience. I get to meet the lowest standard living of many people in the community, Interact and hear their problems, the ups and downs of their lives.

Pros

we get to have free lunch sometimes

Cons

no benefits

happy with co workers , but not with the head/supervisors

Nice working on Field Work , learned from different kinds of people. Loved helping people specially those in needs. I just hope the management will also help they're people or workers with fair compensation.

Pros

loved to help poorest of the poor

Cons

stability of work .

Field worker giving technical and livelihood assistance

A community-based capacity building program that aims to improve the socio-economic condition of the participants through micro-enterprise development and employment facilitation activities that shall ultimately provide a sustainable income source

Challenging public service

You must be ready to sacrifice personal time as need arises because there are time that you must render unpaid overtimes to meet the deadlines. Job is fulfilling once you meet your targets.

Pros

Public service

Cons

Politically influenced

It develop my professional skills. And how to deal with people.

My experience there is very challenging, it helps me to be flexible, to adjust and understand the value of work. The kind of work teached me to be efficient, to be productive, I also learned how to deal with different types of people. Challenging but Adventorous.

Pros

Free Supplies

Fun work place

the work place is fun the management treat the employees well plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts the work load is not that difficult.

Pros

Free Meals (out based employees)

Cons

always travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Location

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in popular locations