Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews for Philanthropy Manager

Salary / Benefits
Being a government worker for almost 5 years is my pleasure and honored, I learned a lot and experienced actual interaction with the people who needs help.I loved my job and I'm proud being a government worker even though its a stressful job but it's has a great feeling that you help others.
Salary / Benefits
Hardest part of the job is you'll handle 800-1,000 households and the management will expect an updated case folder for each household. The most enjoyable part is you are earning while serving others.
Salary / Benefits
I am totally culture shock and it was very competitive environment. I was not totally enjoying my job but I felt I am competing myself and others. It should be enjoyable environment to nurture and improve.
Salary / Benefits
It is really great that you work to help the poor yet being compensated. The people were very happy after they received the grant for their project as well as it has an impact to the community.
Salary / Benefits
Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.
Salary / Benefits
productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits
Salary / Benefits
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries. You help them uplift their social well being by providing livelihood services to them. It gives you a sense of importance at work.
Pros
Fullfilling
Cons
Marginalized areas
Salary / Benefits
very difficult job, requires great agility in all aspects. be prepared for the worst and make sure that u do the work with passion and love. one of the most difficult department in Philippines
Salary / Benefits
In this job, you will find joy and pleasure to serve Filipino indigent because of the help of the government using us. it gives hope to every Filipino to have their own Houses which are safer than their previous and start in their new home by giving them, financial assistant.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
Political Issues
Salary / Benefits
Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key
Pros
With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance
Cons
Always on call since we are working with people .inservice
Salary / Benefits
I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.
Salary / Benefits
Its a great opportunity working with such people inside and out of the company. It is indeed a fun and tiring experience. I get to meet the lowest standard living of many people in the community, Interact and hear their problems, the ups and downs of their lives.
Pros
we get to have free lunch sometimes
Cons
no benefits
Salary / Benefits
Nice working on Field Work , learned from different kinds of people. Loved helping people specially those in needs. I just hope the management will also help they're people or workers with fair compensation.
Pros
loved to help poorest of the poor
Cons
stability of work .
Salary / Benefits
A community-based capacity building program that aims to improve the socio-economic condition of the participants through micro-enterprise development and employment facilitation activities that shall ultimately provide a sustainable income source
Salary / Benefits
You must be ready to sacrifice personal time as need arises because there are time that you must render unpaid overtimes to meet the deadlines. Job is fulfilling once you meet your targets.
Pros
Public service
Cons
Politically influenced
Salary / Benefits
My experience there is very challenging, it helps me to be flexible, to adjust and understand the value of work. The kind of work teached me to be efficient, to be productive, I also learned how to deal with different types of people. Challenging but Adventorous.
Pros
Free Supplies
Salary / Benefits
the work place is fun the management treat the employees well plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts the work load is not that difficult.
Pros
Free Meals (out based employees)
Cons
always travel
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed working with local government units and conducting field work. Made my horizon wider and provided me with great experiences in social service and program delivery.
Pros
Free/Reimbursed Trips
Cons
Need for Professional Development
Salary / Benefits
In my present work, I learned many things about social work and social welfare, considering that I work in a government organization. In here, I learned how to adapt to different types of situations concerning to my profession which is stressful in nature but through the years, I was able to cope up and remained strong despite pressure (internal and external). Moreover, I am also able to deal with different people in all walks of life (from poor families in the community to the partner stakeholders like the mayor, municipal heads,doctors, teachers, etc.) The most enjoyable part of the job is having personal fulfillment in helping people in need and being able to reach out to the disadvantaged sectors of the society with acceptance and dignity.
Pros
Many work benefits
Cons
Big caseload
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part of my job in Department of Social Welfare and Development under Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program as a Municipal Link is being able to assist and help people, especially the marginalized sector of the Philippines, one client at a time. One Family Development Session at a time.
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
extended working hours