Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews for Facilitator

Facilitator61 reviews
Philippines61 reviews

Many information, knowledege and Trainings conducted!

Many trainings and seminars conducted to the staff. It includes Financial Management, Project Management, Auditing and Human Resource. Good for fresh graduates.

Competitive and productive

The job is very competitive regarding accomplishments of projects. Very enjoyed during area, meeting different people and making new friends.

Pros

Free travel expenses

Cons

Remote areas

To Implement the process of each program

to empower the community, enable to reduce poverty and most of all improve local governance. that's the objectives of the program which i learn in my more than 4 years in service.

A challenging place to be

During my entire stay in the company, everything was good. I just have a problem with their communications. Since i am a field worker, the instructions and announcements weren't clear. They keep changing the forms that keeps us from doing our work on time since we have to do it again. And when they need something, you need to give it.right away. But other that that, everything else is fine.

productive work place

Variety of professionals working on one team. wide range of skills necessary for each project that is provided. output based deliverables for each phase of the project

Small Scale Infra to Municipalities

From Planning (Designing, Estimating), Implementation and Monitoring of Projects up to Operation and Maintenance of the Sub-Projects of the barangays from the municipality of Malalalag.

Excellent Job

The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..

As field worker i injoy a lot especially when i was in barangay i learned how they live ,the way they intertain some visitors

About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.

the direct supervisor is favoritism

the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure

Pros

free allowance

Cons

no proper tenure

Productive and enhancement of skills are very valuable and usufull..

The company when i was employed are gave me a valuable experience and enhance those skills i had, this experience also mold me on how to be flexible in facing different people and i think i have no idea to dislike this company..

Productive, Efficient and Effective Workplace where you can help our community enjoy and have a good quality of life.

*Helps gain and boost your self confidence in dealing people with different beliefs, behavior and attitude. *Provides technical assistance before, during, and after sub-project implementation at the community level. *Has short timeline to follow.

Challenging but fun workplace

Challenge your ability to handle youself in dealing with different attitude of people. Always ready in any kind of work and be open minded. Flexibily and passion is a must in this company.

Pros

Avail holiday

Cons

No security of tenure

Very collaborative

Being part of DSWD-Kalahi was a big help for my career because I have learned a lot from them. I learned how to prepare the engineering documents such as program of works, detailed estimates and plans.

Challenging and Fulfilling

My work in DSWD was very challenging due to heavy work load and locations of different types of project implemented at the same time in addition to different area location especially projects located in islet barangays where you can only travel by boat when high tide, but even on the challenge it is very fulfilling when project are implemented well and successfully especially when implemented through Bayanihan System where the community helps in implementing projects.

Pros

With travel allowance

Cons

No benefits, no overtime pay

Stressful job.

It requires a lot of efforts, time, and proper management. You are required to deal with people whom you do not know. Learn things which are not taught within school.

Fun workplace

Paper works are everywhere. Multi-tasking and team working is indeed a good help in developing our skills and advancement in our daily works. People are accommodating especially the Barangay Officials.

Pros

Free allowances

Working with DSWD is a great opportunity because my nature of work is community organizing, working with volunteers and other marginalized sector

Equal treatment and continues learning through roll out and capability training. There is inconsistency in disseminating information from head to subordinates.

Pros

Learning and great opportunity

Cons

working 7 days a week and even on holidays

It is challenging but fulfilling experience in my life.

Working on this government institution is a challenging experience because I need to travel far flung areas of the provinces, but a satisfying output.

it's priceless to teach a people they learned how to communicate social life because of you.

face them every weekdays is typically work hard you need to study first before you teach your student. i learned that i am bless to have them because i'm the one who teach them how manage their time how to communicate in other people which i enjoyed most and the hardest for me is when the time pass and yet we saying goodbye!

Pros

free laugh

Cons

long hour

Productive and fun workplace and as long as it helps me widen my learnings and better opportunities for me

Colleagues were fun to be with. Had stretched my patience with regards to dealing with community people with various attitudes. Didn't expect that I have this hidden compassion in dealing with different people with different life style.

Pros

travel and load allowance

Cons

risky job

Productive , enjoy and adventure.

As a Community Facilitator in Department of Social and Welfare Development, I own my work schedule , it is office base and field and work. We do Finance and accounts monitoring ,bookkeeping, Engineering,immersion, House to house surveys and Project Monitoring. The hardest part of the job is utilizing your people in project construction and Monitoring. And the most enjoyable part are immersion to the community and house to house surveys.

Pros

Free travelallowance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Location

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?