Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Tacloban

Salary / Benefits
About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.
Salary / Benefits
You learn how to communicate with the community and learn many things on how to handle situational instances You need to have a good teamwork to be able to adapt different culture.
Salary / Benefits
I am hard working.can work without supervision.innovtive and like to learn new things if possible in my next working place. Very serious in work and down to earth person.can accept mistakes.
Pros
Afternoon
Salary / Benefits
so much fun working with my collegues. time management is good. i learned a lot specially on encoding and handling computers. so much fun and always enjoying with my officemates in our workplace. i dont have hard experience in the company.
Salary / Benefits
Productive agency,with pressured but manageable,good working place,nice officemate to work with,good management,giving time for employee to have fun like going out of town with office counterpart on the expenses.
Pros
Free give aways
Cons
maximum working hours
Salary / Benefits
Hopefully, if I got employed I want to enhanced and developed my working skills with my workmates and boss. I wish I can get along easily. And I hope I'll be promoted
Pros
Free Boarding for few months, and allowance
Cons
Hopefully not stressful
Salary / Benefits
learned that accountability matters, multi tasking attitude is require, resiliency, flexibility and most love for your country
Pros
free load allowance, travel, bonuss, and incentives
Salary / Benefits
my 4 months of stay in this agency under the project of social welfare development indicator was a superb one. It contributes growth opportunity, widen my knowledge and experiences in computer software and encoding field.
Pros
relief goods and 1 sack of rice every christmas season
Salary / Benefits
I preferred to work from Monday to Friday only but extends my time on weekends as necessary. I learned a lot specially on the project proposal preparations, Procurement Process, Sub-Project Implementation and Monitoring & Evaluation. The hardest part of my job was the inconsistency of some documents/directives given to us by our immediate superior. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the Sub-Project was completed and turned-over to the community where the community itself are preparing some food, etc. as part of their celebration and thanks giving.
Salary / Benefits
go in the office before 8:00 AM, and then go directly to my assigned baragay to check their documents and their suggestions and greivances if any, establish rapport with them talk with them. i learned that people or community that is in the hills are more warm welcoming and very hospitable, my co- workers have different personalities also but i learned with them bit by bit and 2 months i know how to aprroach them, the hardest part of my job was when there is a document that is urgent to submit in the office and it is raining very hard and the way is just too muddy and very rough that no habal- habal were try to go in that place because there is only one bus per day.and during barangay assembly i am happy and glad that many people will voice out their suggestion and questions because i know that they were listening very well to topic that were discussed
Pros
Free Accomodations during Trainings. advance salary. high salary
Cons
changes in documents
Salary / Benefits
Department of Social Welfare and Development challenges me. Everyday is unpredictable. You will receive a lot of queries and complains from the beneficiaries. Thus, it makes me tough, more matured and totally equipped to face what lies ahead in my future. Now, I can definitely say that I can fit in every position.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Long working hours, works during weekends and holidays
Salary / Benefits
on the first day it is hard to me to communicate to the community, but in the following up to present day it will become easy to communicate and facilitate to the community, i ve learned to be patience to them,that will easy to manage them, there a different person in the field that i encountered, that i can easy to communicate because i love my work, the hardest part is in the begging of work, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your goal,vision and mission in your work must done, like to emp[owered the community.
Salary / Benefits
working in a humanitarian world gives you a lifetime satisfaction. helping other people specially those who are in need makes you realize that being a humanitarian worker makes you very proud.
Salary / Benefits
fun work place to work with alongside my colleagues and learning from new from them. the only problem is the salary causing too delay. The office kinda crowded as the company hire almost weekly for the new encoders.
Salary / Benefits
A day full of fun and challenges while enumerating different people. I learned on how to be respectful and patient on doing the interview with the households. My co-workers are simply easy to be with and cooperative. The hardest part of the job is losing our patience with those people that are hard to please.
Pros
Free Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons
Long hours reviewing the work, sometimes we stay awake until midnight by just reviewing the forms.
Salary / Benefits
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I always have a field visit in the barangays and assisted community volunteers in preparing their finacial reports.
Pros
free cellular load
Cons
Late reimbursement
Salary / Benefits
Serve and assist the Pantawid Pamilya beneficiaries. Entertain clients answering their quiries. Gained more knowledge in the field of Social Sciences. Accomplished reports,submitted on time. Set time to have a bonding with my office mates. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can serve those who are indigents.
Pros
Can go to different places, meet new friends.Gained more knowlwdge.
Cons
Calamities, you cannot predict what happened to the area and most of all the security of the beneficiaries.
Salary / Benefits
community driven approach is somewhat effective to minimize wrong doing or corruption in the community, at least the communities have their own rights to be heard and participate in all activities and decisions for their own development. they were not only followers but potentially led for any development for themselves.
Pros
cna
Cons
overtime without pay
Salary / Benefits
1. No actions of the issues and concerns of the contract workers. 2. The needs of the field staffs is not their priority. 3. They don't accept any comments and suggestions. 4. The hardest part of the job was the monthly salary always delayed including the travel expenses.
Pros
higher salary
Cons
delayed salary
Salary / Benefits
usually work from Monday to Sunday including Holidays, i learn to work without pay and rendering service for the seek of the community but the management sometime fails to look into what are the needs of the employees because the worker on the field work so hard, like me as analyst i have encountered dome sleepness night just to finished the report but the salary were always comes late, i do know why the system in the accounting departments still unsolvable.
Pros
moa worker only
Cons
always work overtime