Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Tacloban

Tacloban22 reviews

Productive and enjoyed.

Know how to communicate to the barangay/s.and patience in far flang area's and must have a endurance to climb mountains and socialized and be humble as always.

Pros

Re-embursment

Cons

Productive and friendly work. You have the chance to reach out to the kess fortunate and provide them with sustainable livelihood to augment income...

The most enjoyable part of the job

You learn how to communicate with the community and learn many things on how to handle situational instances You need to have a good teamwork to be able to adapt different culture.

As field worker i injoy a lot especially when i was in barangay i learned how they live ,the way they intertain some visitors

About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.

I'd like to work with a team

I am hard working.can work without supervision.innovtive and like to learn new things if possible in my next working place. Very serious in work and down to earth person.can accept mistakes.

Pros

Afternoon

productive and fun

so much fun working with my collegues. time management is good. i learned a lot specially on encoding and handling computers. so much fun and always enjoying with my officemates in our workplace. i dont have hard experience in the company.

Social work offered to the people

Productive agency,with pressured but manageable,good working place,nice officemate to work with,good management,giving time for employee to have fun like going out of town with office counterpart on the expenses.

Pros

Free give aways

Cons

maximum working hours

People that is fun to work with

Hopefully, if I got employed I want to enhanced and developed my working skills with my workmates and boss. I wish I can get along easily. And I hope I'll be promoted

Pros

Free Boarding for few months, and allowance

Cons

Hopefully not stressful

Very experience during relief services and offsite payment to beneficiaries

learned that accountability matters, multi tasking attitude is require, resiliency, flexibility and most love for your country

Pros

free load allowance, travel, bonuss, and incentives

productive, colleagues were easy to work with and approachable supervisors and staff.

my 4 months of stay in this agency under the project of social welfare development indicator was a superb one. It contributes growth opportunity, widen my knowledge and experiences in computer software and encoding field.

Pros

relief goods and 1 sack of rice every christmas season

Cons

Challenging work experience in which it was in-line with my field of ineterest in socio-civic activities/community service.

I preferred to work from Monday to Friday only but extends my time on weekends as necessary. I learned a lot specially on the project proposal preparations, Procurement Process, Sub-Project Implementation and Monitoring & Evaluation. The hardest part of my job was the inconsistency of some documents/directives given to us by our immediate superior. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the Sub-Project was completed and turned-over to the community where the community itself are preparing some food, etc. as part of their celebration and thanks giving.

fun workplace with snack store in the other side

go in the office before 8:00 AM, and then go directly to my assigned baragay to check their documents and their suggestions and greivances if any, establish rapport with them talk with them. i learned that people or community that is in the hills are more warm welcoming and very hospitable, my co- workers have different personalities also but i learned with them bit by bit and 2 months i know how to aprroach them, the hardest part of my job was when there is a document that is urgent to submit in the office and it is raining very hard and the way is just too muddy and very rough that no habal- habal were try to go in that place because there is only one bus per day.and during barangay assembly i am happy and glad that many people will voice out their suggestion and questions because i know that they were listening very well to topic that were discussed

Pros

Free Accomodations during Trainings. advance salary. high salary

Cons

changes in documents

Everyday is a learning process

Department of Social Welfare and Development challenges me. Everyday is unpredictable. You will receive a lot of queries and complains from the beneficiaries. Thus, it makes me tough, more matured and totally equipped to face what lies ahead in my future. Now, I can definitely say that I can fit in every position.

Pros

Free training

Cons

Long working hours, works during weekends and holidays

Community Empowerment Facilitator

on the first day it is hard to me to communicate to the community, but in the following up to present day it will become easy to communicate and facilitate to the community, i ve learned to be patience to them,that will easy to manage them, there a different person in the field that i encountered, that i can easy to communicate because i love my work, the hardest part is in the begging of work, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your goal,vision and mission in your work must done, like to emp[owered the community.

humanitarian world

working in a humanitarian world gives you a lifetime satisfaction. helping other people specially those who are in need makes you realize that being a humanitarian worker makes you very proud.

fun work place to work with alongside my colleagues and learning from new from them. the only problem is the salary causing too delay. The office kinda crowded as the company hire almost weekly for the new encoders.

Cons

Fun and a challenging work.

A day full of fun and challenges while enumerating different people. I learned on how to be respectful and patient on doing the interview with the households. My co-workers are simply easy to be with and cooperative. The hardest part of the job is losing our patience with those people that are hard to please.

Pros

Free Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Cons

Long hours reviewing the work, sometimes we stay awake until midnight by just reviewing the forms.

Enjoy at field

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I always have a field visit in the barangays and assisted community volunteers in preparing their finacial reports.

Pros

free cellular load

Cons

Late reimbursement

Enjoy to serve the beneficiaries and the same time you can gained more knowledged from them.

Serve and assist the Pantawid Pamilya beneficiaries. Entertain clients answering their quiries. Gained more knowledge in the field of Social Sciences. Accomplished reports,submitted on time. Set time to have a bonding with my office mates. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can serve those who are indigents.

Pros

Can go to different places, meet new friends.Gained more knowlwdge.

Cons

Calamities, you cannot predict what happened to the area and most of all the security of the beneficiaries.

poverty reduced,empowered communities and improved local governance

community driven approach is somewhat effective to minimize wrong doing or corruption in the community, at least the communities have their own rights to be heard and participate in all activities and decisions for their own development. they were not only followers but potentially led for any development for themselves.

Pros

cna

Cons

overtime without pay

quantity was required but quality is less

1. No actions of the issues and concerns of the contract workers. 2. The needs of the field staffs is not their priority. 3. They don't accept any comments and suggestions. 4. The hardest part of the job was the monthly salary always delayed including the travel expenses.

Pros

higher salary

Cons

delayed salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in Tacloban