Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in San Fernando

Salary / Benefits
I do field work and ive learned a lot during my tenure at DSWD. The most enjoyable part of my job is to go to different places and meet new people. I ask people if the 4p's program of the Philippine government help them in their daily life.
Salary / Benefits
Department of Social Welfare and Development provides social protection and promote the rights and welfare of the poor, vulnerable and the disadvantaged individual, family and community to contribute to poverty alleviation and empowerment through Social Welfare Development policies, programs, projects and services implemented with or through Local Government Units, NGOs, other members of civil society."
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot about this company. They help me in so many things and they are very generous and kind. The workplace culture are very nice and clean.
Salary / Benefits
My typical day in work is adjustment in place. Because in everday diifferent place assigned to me. and the working place its also diffcult because of weather its hot outside when im in working place.. and im happy i met different people that they want care and i learned a lot of them,
Pros
Reinbursement, Tev
Salary / Benefits
You must be ready to sacrifice personal time as need arises because there are time that you must render unpaid overtimes to meet the deadlines. Job is fulfilling once you meet your targets.
Pros
Public service
Cons
Politically influenced
Salary / Benefits
five working days per week and each employee work 6 to 8 hours per day. we are work in field to gather all the indigent family in the whole Tarlac City. we learned how to manage our time.
Pros
free meal and transportation and we have load allowance
Cons
6 hours
Salary / Benefits
Good Public relation skills and communication skills Computer literate Understands new concepts easily Research and goal oriented Flexible Can work under time pressure Very much into coordinating activities Customer oriented skills Install and repair biomedical equipment Preventive maintenance of biomedical equipment Assess and refer biomedical equipment Operation verification procedures Documentation & reporting Inventory management Maintenance / calibrations Team player
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
full time
Salary / Benefits
The Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP) is a community-based capacity building effort that seeks to improve the program participants’ socio-economic status through two tracks: Micro-enterprise Development and Employment Facilitation.
Salary / Benefits
Since Department of Social Welfare and Development is a government agency, the culture and environment was different where there are many poerworks but making me more productive and growing in experience and learning.
Pros
Flexible time of work
Cons
No benefits
Salary / Benefits
Good company to start, great experience and lots of training that enhance your skills as an individual and a worker and also improve your knowledge on many aspect.
Salary / Benefits
Good and great people to be with. Very supportive in everything we'll do. They never let me down. They supported me even on my ups and downs and they help me a lot.
Salary / Benefits
I'm always starting the day with positive conversation with staffs in the office and field works resulting to more productive and less stress environment. Dealing with different communities as part of the job is difficult because of different characteristics and ideologies but the enjoyable part of it is that you become part of the community and treats you as family or friends despite of differences.
Salary / Benefits
I worked as Data Encoder,Data Entry or Verifier. My work is not that hard instead, I enjoyed a lot. The management is good, they always teach us to be patient everyday.
Salary / Benefits
fun to work in this company...kind supervisors and area coordinators.and happy work hours with my team mates..sometimes we have free foods..
Pros
kind boss
Cons
long work hours
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work was encode all non-compliance beneficiaries in Education, Health and Family Development Session. Receive issues and concerns of the beneficiaries. Smooth relations with my co-workers. The management was supportive but I want a security of my position because in my 6 years in the department I was only a Cost of Service (MOA) position which their is no tenure of security in the Agency I served but I have learned a lot special with dealing to others. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I conducting Family Development Session to our beneficiaries. Through Family Development Session I enhance my skills and ability to speech as a Resource speaker.
Salary / Benefits
I like and love kids.In this job I experienced to become a second mother a teacher of childrens ages 4-6 years old.More of the time I also teach them songs,alphabets,and do some of their toiletries..I so much love teaching childrens.
Pros
More benefits given
Salary / Benefits
as a municipal link it is indeed hard to uplift the well being of people in our program but it was a fulfillment feeling when I see my client working hard also to uplift and change traditional principles. everyday, I am learning a lot from these people and realized that I am more blessed than I thought. My co-workers are also hardworking and patiently help these identified poor people to come out from their boxes and see life happy to live on. The hardest part of my current job is to seek changes from some people that were fixated and contented with their traditions "isang kahig isang tuka". and the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and becoming part of my life. :)
benefits
Salary / Benefits
As an encoder,verifier and validator at DSWD, I learned many things and information from this kind of job. Everyone of us must be attentive and accurate on the forms that we encode, verify and validate, because this forms are information of every poor household members that needs financial assistance. In terms of management, they are strict but good on handling workers. It`s a great experience to have friends from our team, enjoyable and to make work more easier. The hardest part of this kind of work is that when you make typographical error, you cannot continue with other forms unless you finished and correct it properly. I enjoy this kind of work because of the environment,friends,teammates and the salary itself.
Cons
8Hours a day ( No overtime )
Salary / Benefits
Attendance is a must. Time Management. Enjoy every work, workplace and workmates. Stay connected with the program. Learn from the program and workmates.
Salary / Benefits
With regards to job, it was hard but a very fulfilling job that I can truly treasure and want to do it again if there are chances again that I will be hired by the department. I learned how to be more confident and in proper communicating with people, how to extract true information about them by gaining their trust. The hardest part of the job is going to the remotest place, like crossing rivers and walking to a mountain where you can do the assessment. The most enjoyable part is sharing stories and jokes to people as you conduct your assessment.
Pros
Travel expence
Cons
No respondents
Salary / Benefits
working in this institution is a great.. we need to work not only in the office but also in the field areas of assignment. i learned a lot of working experiences that i could also apply in my future careers. i was trained very well, molded and learned to be more active , confident and patient in working such as paper works and office works. i also enjoyed dealing with different types of people and life situations in the community.working in this institution is not that easy because you really need to squeeze the juice of your mind and take overtimes but through my hard work, patience , sacrifices and dedication to work, i was able to accomplish all the reports needed.