Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Quezon City

Salary / Benefits
The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..
Salary / Benefits
The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging
Salary / Benefits
In this job, you will find joy and pleasure to serve Filipino indigent because of the help of the government using us. it gives hope to every Filipino to have their own Houses which are safer than their previous and start in their new home by giving them, financial assistant.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
Political Issues
Salary / Benefits
Very comfortable to work with other co employees and superior. To be more significant in other areas I'm not aware of. It was such a wonderful experience to work in them.
Pros
Food
Salary / Benefits
In every day I go to DSWD till the end, and people are kind and humble. They do not seem us different or just OJT they treated us more than OJT like we are one of them. They are always busy because of paper works still have a smile on their eyes. We didn't do a lot of things because they are more on paper works which are private that we can not deal with. The Enjoyable part of this work is they always having a free food. And for me it is comfortable to work in this place because of the nice people
Pros
Free Foods most of the time
Salary / Benefits
I hope dswd have an extra income for their ojt's i thought dswd have an extra income gave to thier students who willing to work with them but i was wrong it must be better if they have a salary give to the students, i choose dswd because its government and i thought they have a salary gave to their ojt's but they have a good quality company and their are all friendly.
Salary / Benefits
Working in DSWD is very paid off work. You work the heart and most of your time is there. It serves as a second home. Learn to dealt with other ordinary people and public officials. Is more likely unfair for the contract employees. It has nice workplace big. The hardest part of the job is always use your personal money for official business then when you reimburse it has a big cut. Enjoy to travel different provinces regions within the Philippines.
Cons
No benefits
Salary / Benefits
I've learned a lot on this organization. People i worked together is an honor that i share my knowledge, skills and capabilities wherein it's an additional for me to start my career.
Salary / Benefits
It was a great experience for me to be part of the internship program conducted by government last year because I've learned a lot from it. It was really a fun and productive moment ive done for a very important purpose in my entire life.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
none so far
Salary / Benefits
The staff are friendly and approachable. Happy to hang out with. They taught us how to discipline even more. The happiest part there was when we eat together.
Salary / Benefits
During my typical day at work, first I began checking my mails to see if there are major issues/concerns regarding on my division. If there are issues that needs immediate response, all technical staffs will gather for a meeting. As a Senior Administrative Assistant II, my task is to prioritized all data generation/s & other queries assigned by our immediate supervisor. I was assigned to facilitate all types of forms used in data validation or data gathering in all regional offices. I learned to be more consistent & accurate in providing information to our regional counterparts. Since we are the front liner from our agency, 100% accuracy is a must. Our unit was designated on data management, all issues/concerns regarding on household information we always cater that within our part. I learned to be more flexible during rush our to complete our task within set timeline. The hardest part is we cater millions of household around our country. We provide the needs of all regional offices/counterparts., Updating & validating is always prioritized to eliminate discrepancies. The most enjoyable part is when we finished our validation and analysis we provide training's with food & lodging in a hotel.
Pros
Free allowances
Salary / Benefits
The working environment and the employees there are really friendly and nice. You will learn the basic processes of the recruitment department and how it is done.
Pros
Fun and challenging
Cons
No allowance
Salary / Benefits
When I become intern in DSWD they assign me at the Procurement Service my work there is updating the database for the deliveries of supply, checking the items delivered by the suppliers and answering telephone calls.They teach me a lot to improve my self confidence when in type of communication.
Pros
Free lunch give by my supervisors
Salary / Benefits
As a office clerk is typically working in an office doing little bit of everything; answering phones, bookkeeping, filling, mailing, message delivery, data processing running errands, sorting mail etc. I feel no challenge of work. I can do work without supervision.
Pros
can do work with out supervion
Cons
no challenge
Salary / Benefits
It's good but not ease. The atmosphere inside may feels, there being professional in work at the same time funny. The pressure was incredible. The real tribute of professionals are there.
Salary / Benefits
Always be ready of daily tasks, i learned how to solve different network and desktop issues. Immediate supervisor is supportive, nice workplace. Hardest part is when the whole network is down. The most enjoyable part is when I helped someone to fulfill their job.
Pros
study options
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
Working with them are very fun and they are flexible anytime. I learn how to use some office machine and application on how they make a plan on making building. The worker are coming at 8:00 and they will go at 5:00. The hardest part is to make a letter because I am not good enough in English grammar. I enjoyed working with them because they are responsive and flexible.
Salary / Benefits
I have learned so many things. I did such as answering telephone calls, receiving or outing of the documents to be given from another office. I learned to use Autocad. And i learned to print the plan in a4 sheet from Autocad drawing. I used to encode. The job was so easy and enjoyable. There was no hard part of the job. All was fine.
Pros
Free lunches if conducted a meeting
Salary / Benefits
The management honed my skills pretty well. My colleagues are friendly and approachable.The people you work with. You would enjoy working with them all the time. They have also events that could boost your experience with them.
Salary / Benefits
The office where i am work with as an intern are very good in supervising their interns and handling difficulties that the interns facing particularly in during working in their office. i learned many thing s to them particularly in socialization, showing talents that boost my self esteem and confidence, the hardest part of the job is the day of submission and deadlines, the most enjoyable part of the job are the every week performance after the flag ceremony and working with co interns in paper works and the assistance and guidance that given by our supervisors during our internship at DSWD
Pros
free lunch and shuttle bus service from office to my home
Cons
Minimum hours
Salary / Benefits
I'am a contract worker, every end of the year have nervous, if the management renew my contract and I'm worried for my family daily expenses if I'am Not renew for the next year.