Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Quezon City

Quezon City29 reviews

Wonderful place to harness your experience in development work

Great place to learn about social protection in concept and in implementationMost employees are very professionalA lot of trainingsMost employees are highly-experienced

Pros

Opportunities to learn the technical side for development work

Cons

short in permanent positions

Work Ethics, Poor Management, Unhealthy working environment, limited opportunity to get regular job, No work-life balance.

Same with the usual problem in all government offices, regular are more entitled, contract employees have no benefits even they are working most of the regular functions. No work-life balance and some regular employees and directors are taking advantage of their positions. Corrupt practices, like overtime, while doing nothing, etc.

Cons

Long Hours of work, calls and meeting during weekends and when your on leave, management are using their power excessively and take advantage for those COS and JO workers.

Excellent Job

The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..

As ea at dswd

The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging

Your Job description is only your job

In this job, you will find joy and pleasure to serve Filipino indigent because of the help of the government using us. it gives hope to every Filipino to have their own Houses which are safer than their previous and start in their new home by giving them, financial assistant.

Pros

free transportation

Cons

Political Issues

Fun workplace and very productive

Very comfortable to work with other co employees and superior. To be more significant in other areas I'm not aware of. It was such a wonderful experience to work in them.

Pros

Food

Cons

Its a Good and Nice workplace with different activities eg. sports

In every day I go to DSWD till the end, and people are kind and humble. They do not seem us different or just OJT they treated us more than OJT like we are one of them. They are always busy because of paper works still have a smile on their eyes. We didn't do a lot of things because they are more on paper works which are private that we can not deal with. The Enjoyable part of this work is they always having a free food. And for me it is comfortable to work in this place because of the nice people

Pros

Free Foods most of the time

Cons

Fun workplace and they all friendly

I hope dswd have an extra income for their ojt's i thought dswd have an extra income gave to thier students who willing to work with them but i was wrong it must be better if they have a salary give to the students, i choose dswd because its government and i thought they have a salary gave to their ojt's but they have a good quality company and their are all friendly.

Fun to travel but own expense first.

Working in DSWD is very paid off work. You work the heart and most of your time is there. It serves as a second home. Learn to dealt with other ordinary people and public officials. Is more likely unfair for the contract employees. It has nice workplace big. The hardest part of the job is always use your personal money for official business then when you reimburse it has a big cut. Enjoy to travel different provinces regions within the Philippines.

Cons

No benefits

Productive and Fun

I've learned a lot on this organization. People i worked together is an honor that i share my knowledge, skills and capabilities wherein it's an additional for me to start my career.

It was superb and fun workplace with enthusiastic and glad people

It was a great experience for me to be part of the internship program conducted by government last year because I've learned a lot from it. It was really a fun and productive moment ive done for a very important purpose in my entire life.

Pros

good working environment

Cons

none so far

happy workplace

The staff are friendly and approachable. Happy to hang out with. They taught us how to discipline even more. The happiest part there was when we eat together.

Productive and Lot of Experience

During my typical day at work, first I began checking my mails to see if there are major issues/concerns regarding on my division. If there are issues that needs immediate response, all technical staffs will gather for a meeting. As a Senior Administrative Assistant II, my task is to prioritized all data generation/s & other queries assigned by our immediate supervisor. I was assigned to facilitate all types of forms used in data validation or data gathering in all regional offices. I learned to be more consistent & accurate in providing information to our regional counterparts. Since we are the front liner from our agency, 100% accuracy is a must. Our unit was designated on data management, all issues/concerns regarding on household information we always cater that within our part. I learned to be more flexible during rush our to complete our task within set timeline. The hardest part is we cater millions of household around our country. We provide the needs of all regional offices/counterparts., Updating & validating is always prioritized to eliminate discrepancies. The most enjoyable part is when we finished our validation and analysis we provide training's with food & lodging in a hotel.

Pros

Free allowances

Cons

The working environment and the employees there are really friendly and nice. You will learn the basic processes of the recruitment department and how it is done.

Pros

Fun and challenging

Cons

No allowance

I enjoy working because I learn a lot and they give me a time to improve my skills

When I become intern in DSWD they assign me at the Procurement Service my work there is updating the database for the deliveries of supply, checking the items delivered by the suppliers and answering telephone calls.They teach me a lot to improve my self confidence when in type of communication.

Pros

Free lunch give by my supervisors

clerk

As a office clerk is typically working in an office doing little bit of everything; answering phones, bookkeeping, filling, mailing, message delivery, data processing running errands, sorting mail etc. I feel no challenge of work. I can do work without supervision.

Pros

can do work with out supervion

Cons

no challenge

fun and incredible

It's good but not ease. The atmosphere inside may feels, there being professional in work at the same time funny. The pressure was incredible. The real tribute of professionals are there.

Productive and sociable

Always be ready of daily tasks, i learned how to solve different network and desktop issues. Immediate supervisor is supportive, nice workplace. Hardest part is when the whole network is down. The most enjoyable part is when I helped someone to fulfill their job.

Pros

study options

Cons

low salary

happy to work with them

Working with them are very fun and they are flexible anytime. I learn how to use some office machine and application on how they make a plan on making building. The worker are coming at 8:00 and they will go at 5:00. The hardest part is to make a letter because I am not good enough in English grammar. I enjoyed working with them because they are responsive and flexible.

Productive and fun. The coworkers are easy to deal with.

I have learned so many things. I did such as answering telephone calls, receiving or outing of the documents to be given from another office. I learned to use Autocad. And i learned to print the plan in a4 sheet from Autocad drawing. I used to encode. The job was so easy and enjoyable. There was no hard part of the job. All was fine.

Pros

Free lunches if conducted a meeting

Professionalism

The management honed my skills pretty well. My colleagues are friendly and approachable.The people you work with. You would enjoy working with them all the time. They have also events that could boost your experience with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Job Title