Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Manila

Salary / Benefits
I met different kind of people here. I was able to gain knowledge on how handle different kind of personalities. Also, this work needs to be keen in details, some questions are tricky and also confidential.
Salary / Benefits
The work can be fulfilling especially when you are assigned in areas wherein you have to deal with clients/patients. It is also good for those wants to apply their skills in social works or related skills.
Pros
Fulfilling and you can practice your soft skills
Cons
Delayed salary, many paper works and signatories, very inefficient and slow procedures, many unnecessary meetings
Salary / Benefits
i have learned that I will always go with the flow with my own understanding and knowledge because no one will teach you one by one. You should be flexible enough to handle stress
Salary / Benefits
Enjoyed my time in the workplace and met a lot of people of different background and character. Learned a lot about community, development, and implementation and administration of Projects.
Pros
Warm People
Cons
Long Trips on Boat
Salary / Benefits
-Very challenging because of different people that we met everyday. -We interview the clients and checking their documents. -Its fun to encounter other people and also sad because of their needs and problems. -The hardest part of our job is when the client gets angry, because their documents is not correct and we suggest to come back next week. -The most enjoyable part of our job is simply your workmate when you make laugh. -The management is good and they provide what are needed in the area and in the barangays.
Pros
Free Meal and Free Service
Cons
Long hours sometimes depends on the clients serve
Salary / Benefits
Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .
Pros
Free Tranportation
Cons
long Hour
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.
Salary / Benefits
The job of being Admin staff in the Office of the Regional Director in DSWD is very productive but fun because of the co-worker that helps and easy to get along. It is a government agency and the salary is fair enough for a decent living.
Pros
good salary and a good boss
Cons
no job security and benefits
Salary / Benefits
field work, fun i learn a lot of experience offices are clean, and well managed. Computer units and desktop are not latest but in middle era the work location is quiet and peacefull
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines?
Salary / Benefits
As a documenter, I learned a lot when it comes to Disaster risk management and other topics discussed in the training module that I documented. The facilitators handled the event very successfully without any hassle. And they also know how to have fun while at work. If given a chance, I will choose to work there.
Pros
free lunch, transpo
Cons
nothing
Salary / Benefits
This work requires patience, right timing, good people management at all walks of life. The hardest job to do as you have to go house to house and the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people with different beliefs an walks of life.
Pros
Free Transportation and Food Allowance
Cons
Tiresome and Stressful
Salary / Benefits
What I have experienced from the company are all heartwarming and extraordinary. I have was given a chance to connect with people and actually experience their everyday life through that simple interview. I get to go places and discover manila better. The job provided was more than a job but an actual experience.
Salary / Benefits
It is good that the operation of the department have a long time because it is not easy to reach out the people in need. But what I do not like is the sustainability of the operarion due to financial or budgeting problem.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Unsecured
Salary / Benefits
It is good working with the department becausw throu this, we work for people in need. What I do not like is the security of tenure. Most of the employees are in MOA which means that employees are not regular.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Unsecured
Salary / Benefits
* I can finish all my task in a day * I learned to communicate with other people to complete my job. * The management is very accommodating and understanding to their employees. * The hardest part of my job is if the paper of the said person is in complete i have to complete it by the other department. * I enjoyed working with my co- workers
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed travel while working. More stress but it challenged me everyday. I learned to become more patient while doing my task in the given time. And honestly I gain more experienced,
Salary / Benefits
A very good department helping not only for the welfare of the beneficiaries but also growing of professional aspects of staffs. Recommended for highly competitive employees
Salary / Benefits
If you like doing volunteer works then this job fits you but it has a low salary because this work is about helping community. We do a lot of volunteer works from teaching kids in baranggays to aiding the people through medical mission , we also donate things to the refugees mainly to those affected of storms and fire.
Pros
getting to meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
I love this job i love communicating to people i love going to places and this work gave it to me. I enjoyed a lot because in this job you can manage your time while at work because you are at the area or at the barangay to manage your enumerator around.
Salary / Benefits
It has good working environment. The department enables every employee to develop their skills, attitudes and passion on provision on social services. Observes respect to individual differences and capabilities. The department offers good training ground, working environment and unique kind of fulfillment.
Salary / Benefits
its a challenging job were in i have to deal with different people.i have to work overtime without pay.hardest part of the job is when client doesnt understand what i am trying to explain.