Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Manila

Manila46 reviews

Fun workplace

I met different kind of people here. I was able to gain knowledge on how handle different kind of personalities. Also, this work needs to be keen in details, some questions are tricky and also confidential.

Fulfilling but stressful and unorganized management

The work can be fulfilling especially when you are assigned in areas wherein you have to deal with clients/patients. It is also good for those wants to apply their skills in social works or related skills.

Pros

Fulfilling and you can practice your soft skills

Cons

Delayed salary, many paper works and signatories, very inefficient and slow procedures, many unnecessary meetings

competitive workplace

i have learned that I will always go with the flow with my own understanding and knowledge because no one will teach you one by one. You should be flexible enough to handle stress

Productive and creative working environment

Enjoyed my time in the workplace and met a lot of people of different background and character. Learned a lot about community, development, and implementation and administration of Projects.

Pros

Warm People

Cons

Long Trips on Boat

Productive and Very Challenging

-Very challenging because of different people that we met everyday. -We interview the clients and checking their documents. -Its fun to encounter other people and also sad because of their needs and problems. -The hardest part of our job is when the client gets angry, because their documents is not correct and we suggest to come back next week. -The most enjoyable part of our job is simply your workmate when you make laugh. -The management is good and they provide what are needed in the area and in the barangays.

Pros

Free Meal and Free Service

Cons

Long hours sometimes depends on the clients serve

Productive and Fun workplace

Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .

Pros

Free Tranportation

Cons

long Hour

Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.

Productive and easy to handle job and happy environment

The job of being Admin staff in the Office of the Regional Director in DSWD is very productive but fun because of the co-worker that helps and easy to get along. It is a government agency and the salary is fair enough for a decent living.

Pros

good salary and a good boss

Cons

no job security and benefits

friendly co staff, fun work place

field work, fun i learn a lot of experience offices are clean, and well managed. Computer units and desktop are not latest but in middle era the work location is quiet and peacefull

I enjoyed a lot

As a documenter, I learned a lot when it comes to Disaster risk management and other topics discussed in the training module that I documented. The facilitators handled the event very successfully without any hassle. And they also know how to have fun while at work. If given a chance, I will choose to work there.

Pros

free lunch, transpo

Cons

nothing

A community Immersion- A very challenging role or job to do.

This work requires patience, right timing, good people management at all walks of life. The hardest job to do as you have to go house to house and the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people with different beliefs an walks of life.

Pros

Free Transportation and Food Allowance

Cons

Tiresome and Stressful

Enjoyable

What I have experienced from the company are all heartwarming and extraordinary. I have was given a chance to connect with people and actually experience their everyday life through that simple interview. I get to go places and discover manila better. The job provided was more than a job but an actual experience.

Operation life

It is good that the operation of the department have a long time because it is not easy to reach out the people in need. But what I do not like is the sustainability of the operarion due to financial or budgeting problem.

Pros

High salary

Cons

Unsecured

Balanced working

It is good working with the department becausw throu this, we work for people in need. What I do not like is the security of tenure. Most of the employees are in MOA which means that employees are not regular.

Pros

High salary

Cons

Unsecured

fun workplace

* I can finish all my task in a day * I learned to communicate with other people to complete my job. * The management is very accommodating and understanding to their employees. * The hardest part of my job is if the paper of the said person is in complete i have to complete it by the other department. * I enjoyed working with my co- workers

productive

I enjoyed travel while working. More stress but it challenged me everyday. I learned to become more patient while doing my task in the given time. And honestly I gain more experienced,

Professional ethics is very important

A very good department helping not only for the welfare of the beneficiaries but also growing of professional aspects of staffs. Recommended for highly competitive employees

getting to meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences

If you like doing volunteer works then this job fits you but it has a low salary because this work is about helping community. We do a lot of volunteer works from teaching kids in baranggays to aiding the people through medical mission , we also donate things to the refugees mainly to those affected of storms and fire.

Pros

getting to meet a lot of people and learn from their experiences

Cons

low salary

It was good job I enjoyed it.

I love this job i love communicating to people i love going to places and this work gave it to me. I enjoyed a lot because in this job you can manage your time while at work because you are at the area or at the barangay to manage your enumerator around.

Employment

It has good working environment. The department enables every employee to develop their skills, attitudes and passion on provision on social services. Observes respect to individual differences and capabilities. The department offers good training ground, working environment and unique kind of fulfillment.

productive workplace

its a challenging job were in i have to deal with different people.i have to work overtime without pay.hardest part of the job is when client doesnt understand what i am trying to explain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in Manila