Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Legazpi

Salary / Benefits
Learned alot during my tenure in this agency. field work and office works. was able to practice and enhance my abilities in dealing with people and with co workers.
Salary / Benefits
My overall rating in DSWD is almost 100 percent because of its compassion to people. They were willing to work in a risky and inconvenient working place at field.
Pros
Nothing follows
Cons
Nothing follows
Salary / Benefits
Some of the supervisor are strick so I am doing my task as long as accomplish in a certain period of time. You should manage your time in able to submit in a right time
Pros
Free lunches and transportation
Salary / Benefits
Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key
Pros
With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance
Cons
Always on call since we are working with people .inservice
Salary / Benefits
The agency is great. They provide the needs of thier staff as to trainings and knowledge management. It is so great to be part of this prestigious government agency.
Salary / Benefits
Field worker who does community facilitation and organizing. Does engagement within the community and private sectors who may help in the implementation of projects and programs of the department
Pros
Bonuses, travel allowance and load allowance
Cons
Long hours required at work
Salary / Benefits
This is a memorial Garden and they have a low salary no benefits and no regularization they only have continues job. Small company and has a thrifty management.
Pros
No Free
Cons
minimum time
Salary / Benefits
Like any other government agency, it has a long process especially in paper works. Programs are comprehensive and ideal. Staff is friendly. The agency is inline with my vision as a social worker.
Salary / Benefits
Equal treatment and continues learning through roll out and capability training. There is inconsistency in disseminating information from head to subordinates.
Pros
Learning and great opportunity
Cons
working 7 days a week and even on holidays
Salary / Benefits
As a Community Facilitator in Department of Social and Welfare Development, I own my work schedule , it is office base and field and work. We do Finance and accounts monitoring ,bookkeeping, Engineering,immersion, House to house surveys and Project Monitoring. The hardest part of the job is utilizing your people in project construction and Monitoring. And the most enjoyable part are immersion to the community and house to house surveys.
Pros
Free travelallowance
Salary / Benefits
Because my job was a team manager and coordinator with stakeholders, I learn how to manage my time and I really enjoy CDD and Working with the people.
Pros
Full of learning experiences
Cons
We do not have benefits because were just Contract of Service Worker
Salary / Benefits
The Staff are guided with Term of Reference (TOR) and every now and then have to refer to the Monitoring Assistance and Technical Plan . The enjoyable part of the job is the impact will be directly impacted the community. The hardest is to have 100% Village assembly peg at 80%
Pros
clear Terms of Reference
Cons
Memorandum of agreement status of employee no additonal benefits
Salary / Benefits
when i was working at DSWD as an encoder i was assigned at 4P's. people there are awesome. the only problem i encounter was having a salary delay. they always have 1 month salary delay.
Cons
no overtime fee, Delayed salary
Salary / Benefits
To be part of the agency is a blessing.I start work at exactly 8 am.I go to my designated community to conduct training, seminars and to guide them in making proposals for the possible projects.I meet excellent people, they help me to cope up with the new environment since i was new to the place. i think the hardest part of the job is dealing with their schedule because they are ordinary people they need to work for the family.I need to adjust the meetings in the evening though overtime is not paid by agency.I work until 3 am in order to finish the and submit the papers on time.
Pros
free load allowance
Cons
long works until midnight
Salary / Benefits
works 8 hours a day, I learned many things in my first job. having a good relation to fellow workers, to the management and the hardest part of it is when rushing in doing the task the you really need to double your time just to finish in required time. and most enjoyable part of it is when you finish doing it with a good remarks.
Pros
free internet
Cons
Low salaries and no break time, no free meals.
Salary / Benefits
Its a nice work place if you are planning to start your career. The people are very professional they treat people very nicely its just that the salary is very low for cuntractual job
Pros
Work place and people
Cons
Crowded
Salary / Benefits
Working at the Department of Social Welfare and Development is an great opportunity. The organization where focused in social welfare and development of the people not only that it helps to uplift the living of the every families and also their community. I have learned the importance of dealing with different kinds of people not only in my working place but also in community. What i have enjoyed in my job is when i have the opportunity to volunteer during disaster. It give me a lot the importance of humanity and poverty.
Pros
load allowance, travel allowance etc
Salary / Benefits
Throughout my On the Job Training I'd learned a lot from the people the work ethics and through the hands on in every activity.
Pros
free snacks in every birthday celebrant
Cons
transportation
Salary / Benefits
being a community facilitator is a very challenging yet very satisfying and productive; everyday is a challenge on how to motivate the community to participate the activity for them to become empowered. as a facilitator I've plan very carefully on how to manage them efficiently and effectively for them to realized that their participation is very important in their personal growth. but when you see the output of the community and it turns well then all the sacrifices and troubles are being set aside because you'll see them that they are doing very well.
Pros
free allowance
Cons
24/7 duty
Salary / Benefits
*fullfilled *fruitfull *proffesionals, fun to be with *overtime without pay *work with the community and see their improvements in terms of level of well-being
Pros
working with people
Cons
overtime without pay
Salary / Benefits
to be more sure about the detail of your works paper.I work here as a part time. night shift and you salary depends of how work paper you done