Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Legazpi

Legazpi32 reviews

Fun and life changing workplace

Everytime we transfer to different place, I enjoy the unique rides that we have experienced. Meet different kinds of people. You'll experience the things that the community experiencing, ex. no cellphone signal. (No texts or calls for a week! Hahaha) Memories to be treasure.

Amazing

Learned alot during my tenure in this agency. field work and office works. was able to practice and enhance my abilities in dealing with people and with co workers.

Quiet good

My overall rating in DSWD is almost 100 percent because of its compassion to people. They were willing to work in a risky and inconvenient working place at field.

Pros

Nothing follows

Cons

Nothing follows

Friendly workmates

Some of the supervisor are strick so I am doing my task as long as accomplish in a certain period of time. You should manage your time in able to submit in a right time

Pros

Free lunches and transportation

Cons

It was productive and challenging especially working with the poor people

Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key

Pros

With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance

Cons

Always on call since we are working with people .inservice

Workplace is productive

The agency is great. They provide the needs of thier staff as to trainings and knowledge management. It is so great to be part of this prestigious government agency.

Productive and result oriented institution

Field worker who does community facilitation and organizing. Does engagement within the community and private sectors who may help in the implementation of projects and programs of the department

Pros

Bonuses, travel allowance and load allowance

Cons

Long hours required at work

Good Place

This is a memorial Garden and they have a low salary no benefits and no regularization they only have continues job. Small company and has a thrifty management.

Pros

No Free

Cons

minimum time

Detailed Templates

Like any other government agency, it has a long process especially in paper works. Programs are comprehensive and ideal. Staff is friendly. The agency is inline with my vision as a social worker.

Working with DSWD is a great opportunity because my nature of work is community organizing, working with volunteers and other marginalized sector

Equal treatment and continues learning through roll out and capability training. There is inconsistency in disseminating information from head to subordinates.

Pros

Learning and great opportunity

Cons

working 7 days a week and even on holidays

Productive , enjoy and adventure.

As a Community Facilitator in Department of Social and Welfare Development, I own my work schedule , it is office base and field and work. We do Finance and accounts monitoring ,bookkeeping, Engineering,immersion, House to house surveys and Project Monitoring. The hardest part of the job is utilizing your people in project construction and Monitoring. And the most enjoyable part are immersion to the community and house to house surveys.

Pros

Free travelallowance

Cons

I gained so much knowledge.

Because my job was a team manager and coordinator with stakeholders, I learn how to manage my time and I really enjoy CDD and Working with the people.

Pros

Full of learning experiences

Cons

We do not have benefits because were just Contract of Service Worker

Productive work both quality and quantity

The Staff are guided with Term of Reference (TOR) and every now and then have to refer to the Monitoring Assistance and Technical Plan . The enjoyable part of the job is the impact will be directly impacted the community. The hardest is to have 100% Village assembly peg at 80%

Pros

clear Terms of Reference

Cons

Memorandum of agreement status of employee no additonal benefits

productive yet delay salary

when i was working at DSWD as an encoder i was assigned at 4P's. people there are awesome. the only problem i encounter was having a salary delay. they always have 1 month salary delay.

Cons

no overtime fee, Delayed salary

great work place

To be part of the agency is a blessing.I start work at exactly 8 am.I go to my designated community to conduct training, seminars and to guide them in making proposals for the possible projects.I meet excellent people, they help me to cope up with the new environment since i was new to the place. i think the hardest part of the job is dealing with their schedule because they are ordinary people they need to work for the family.I need to adjust the meetings in the evening though overtime is not paid by agency.I work until 3 am in order to finish the and submit the papers on time.

Pros

free load allowance

Cons

long works until midnight

Good to work

works 8 hours a day, I learned many things in my first job. having a good relation to fellow workers, to the management and the hardest part of it is when rushing in doing the task the you really need to double your time just to finish in required time. and most enjoyable part of it is when you finish doing it with a good remarks.

Pros

free internet

Cons

Low salaries and no break time, no free meals.

Its a nice work place if you are planning to start your career. The people are very professional they treat people very nicely its just that the salary is very low for cuntractual job

Pros

Work place and people

Cons

Crowded

Very Productive

Working at the Department of Social Welfare and Development is an great opportunity. The organization where focused in social welfare and development of the people not only that it helps to uplift the living of the every families and also their community. I have learned the importance of dealing with different kinds of people not only in my working place but also in community. What i have enjoyed in my job is when i have the opportunity to volunteer during disaster. It give me a lot the importance of humanity and poverty.

Pros

load allowance, travel allowance etc

Productive workplace and happy people

Throughout my On the Job Training I'd learned a lot from the people the work ethics and through the hands on in every activity.

Pros

free snacks in every birthday celebrant

Cons

transportation

productive and very challenging

being a community facilitator is a very challenging yet very satisfying and productive; everyday is a challenge on how to motivate the community to participate the activity for them to become empowered. as a facilitator I've plan very carefully on how to manage them efficiently and effectively for them to realized that their participation is very important in their personal growth. but when you see the output of the community and it turns well then all the sacrifices and troubles are being set aside because you'll see them that they are doing very well.

Pros

free allowance

Cons

24/7 duty

Community works needs more passionate dedication.

*fullfilled *fruitfull *proffesionals, fun to be with *overtime without pay *work with the community and see their improvements in terms of level of well-being

Pros

working with people

Cons

overtime without pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in Legazpi