Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Iloilo City

Salary / Benefits
Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.
Salary / Benefits
I work for 8 hours in 5 days under Crisis Intervention Section (aid to Individuals in crisis situation) to those people seeking help especially individuals who has financially constraint by providing medical, burial, educational, transportation and food Assistance. Also giving counselling to those affected the circumstances, guide to refer in stakeholders if they need other services, prepare case study report. I learned a lot in my job considering that this job is not easy handling individuals in different manner of problem encountered. The place is safe no culture discrimination. The hardest job is when you absorb all the complaints and demands of every clients that turned to exhaust me. The most enjoyable part on this job is when you see the clients are happy and met their needs and satisfied the programs and services offered.
Salary / Benefits
They are not really responsible to all job training. And all are grades in DSWD not good! But we do are best, we work hard and we also having over time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Salary / Benefits
Being part of DSWD-Kalahi was a big help for my career because I have learned a lot from them. I learned how to prepare the engineering documents such as program of works, detailed estimates and plans.
Salary / Benefits
The department is indeed an epitome of a "clients' first" connotation. Most days are a picture of a busy street which you usually see in a market place. Our clients, the less privileged, line up to ask financial support in terms of cash or guarantee letters. We greet them with smiles and genuinely feel happy to have help them one way or another.
Salary / Benefits
I gain more knowledge about our work. Very enjoy and fun in the field.I experienced working with barangay officials assisting us to locate pantawid pamilya beneficiaries. I also encountered floods in relocation sites because of typhoon. I also experience being stranded in the port in my way home
Salary / Benefits
Working in this agency is not encouraging since lack of support from your supervisor and it is a slow pace kind of environment since rapid change in the system used.
Cons
no employee benefits e.g. health care and government mandated, contractual
Salary / Benefits
working on Department of social welfare is alot of new experience, like meeting new environment, courtesy call with the mayors, out of town meetings and alot more.
Salary / Benefits
This could be a nice entry level job. I wouldnt recommend it however to those who would like a permanent career in the government as this will not give you that opportunity.
Salary / Benefits
Being the financial analyst i was assigned to oversee the overall facilitation of downloading of funds and liquidation of such. I was able to travel the whole region 6 to monitor and coach the municipal financial analyst assigned in the area.
Pros
free lodging during travel period
Cons
healthcare
Salary / Benefits
a combination of of office works and field work. It is fulfilling because the nature of the work is helping the poor. we have case loads of 700+ beneficiaries.
Pros
we have travel allowance
Cons
we dont have benefits like bonuses because our status is job hire
Salary / Benefits
Working as an Enumerator was so fun, Adventure and Work at the same time, Dealing with different households, different persons with different aspects in life, walking for two hours for the assign areas of Barangay's was just nothing just to help the poor families who is in need.
Pros
with allowance
Cons
long Hours
Salary / Benefits
I really enjoyed my experience during my job on DSWD specifically in LISTAHANAN Program. I like listening to people about their sentiments regarding our government issues and sucsses. Knowledge is priceless if you learn first from the poor. The task includes Data Gathering and encoding on the system about the date of the poor household
Pros
Free Traveling Expenses
Cons
System Error
Salary / Benefits
department of social welfare and development through sustainable livelihood program we give financial and livelihood program in barangay and other provinces. we conduct survey, organizing and planning seminars and other activities, filling and encoding., long hours of duty. daily travel.
Pros
free seminars
Cons
long hours and delay travel refunds
Salary / Benefits
We helped the needed people and provide training on sustainable livelihood. We work long hours especially on meeting the deadlines and rushing for the approval of project proposals.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
In this agency its a enjoyable to help poor people. Its a great privileged that this company makes me more motivated and capable to serve other. I learned that every day in our lives let us be prepared and be generous to others because its make our life be happy and good. The management is good serving poor people, they do all things to make vulnerable people sense the reality of life. The hardest part of the Job is with the other people pressured your or i say hurrying you to work and its hard part of the job is to dealing with other that cannot understand your mood or the attitude of others have. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you done all your works for the day and happy people surrounds you.
Pros
Free Internets
Cons
Long rest hours
Salary / Benefits
I learn on how to deal with other people especially in other provinces, which is far away from my home. Also my co-workers were that serious on achieving the goal to have the project inaugurated as soon as possible.
Salary / Benefits
I learned how to manage my time, meet with deadlines, and enjoy my work at DSWD. My co-workers was great because we shared our thoughts with regards to work. and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we interact with the community.
Pros
Training experience was great with free food and lodging
Salary / Benefits
Everyday must spend with the community in monitoring the sub-project implementation. I've learned how to procure the infrastructure projects for the community. The management aims for the reduction of poverty in the Philippines. With regards with my co-workers they are all hands-on in helping each other for the accomplishment of our documents needed. There was always the hardest part in our job, specially in government projects ( I don't want to be specific on this matter as we know in political side). But as we only stand in our side nobody can intervene to pursue the sub-project given to them by our government. I enjoy most was i was able to be part with the community as i saw how they thank that much as they granted a sub-project that the whole community will benefited.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day of work is there are times that you are busy and at time's you can have time for leisure I learned a lot in my stay in this organization Although management is not so good, but, you can work it Hardest part of the job is reaching the schedules on time since you are constantly on a time constraint the most enjoyable part of the job is you can deliver goods and services intended for the workers.
Salary / Benefits
Working in DSWD gave me a sense of belonging to our poor beneficiaries. The department really is helping the poor to be self sufficient by giving them livelihood programs or enhance their employable skills. Project based employment so there is no assurance to continuing service.