Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Davao City

Salary / Benefits
Many trainings and seminars conducted to the staff. It includes Financial Management, Project Management, Auditing and Human Resource. Good for fresh graduates.
Salary / Benefits
Variety of professionals working on one team. wide range of skills necessary for each project that is provided. output based deliverables for each phase of the project
Salary / Benefits
From Planning (Designing, Estimating), Implementation and Monitoring of Projects up to Operation and Maintenance of the Sub-Projects of the barangays from the municipality of Malalalag.
Salary / Benefits
Quality of work (accuracy, thoroughness, competence) Quantity of work (productivity level, time management, ability to meet deadlines) Working relationships (ability to work with others, communication skills) Achievements
Salary / Benefits
The government agency has a good working environment, approachable and friendly staff, well-rounded staffing in every department and a good working conditions towards the public.
Salary / Benefits
A friendly and very productive workplace. Everyday I gain different knowledge and challenges to face the reality of life. Sometimes there are some complications but I can manage it before the end of the day and make it even more productive. Assisting clients concerns/issues and lending my ears to them helps me a lot on how to control emotions and face challenges.
Salary / Benefits
the work place is fun the management treat the employees well plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts the work load is not that difficult.
Pros
Free Meals (out based employees)
Cons
always travel
Salary / Benefits
The workplace must possess a productive yet harmonious relation in everybody. In management wise there should be respect of suggestion and opinions from the team members
Pros
free snacks
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot in this work because this is my profession, I love to help people especially the poor and the needed. This work is not easy because you will work in the province to help the poor. The main work is you will be conducting case management and households at the survival level. To facilitate and ensure conduct family development sessions with the LGU. Maintain and monitor caseload data.
Pros
Free fare and lunch break
Salary / Benefits
Honestly, I do not have any problem with my job in terms in working place and the people around here, the only problem is that they pay low salary, and the salary is always delay, the management is good they are very nice towards their employees, the hardest part of the job is that when it comes to paper works because, we are updating several types of profile, and it is not easy because we are update the files for only 2-3 weeks, and the individual files is around 100,000, and we should finish it before the system shuts down. the most enjoyable part of my job is when we finish all our paper works, our boss will treat us some food so that we can relax ourselves, it is one way of "job well done"
Pros
lots of free time
Salary / Benefits
Its a good company. Good company to start your career. The workmates are accommodating and the bosses are unbiased. Lots of fun stuff to do and many eventd
Salary / Benefits
Theres always rooms for improvement and I think by not giving my last star is for the companies benefits for them to strive hard and work even harder everyday.The luck of security and benefits in thier field workers specialy in food and accomation must be put as first priority.
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for 3 months as an encoder. We encode every detail of every Filipino. Each detail should be encoded properly & correct. About salary, we wait too much but we can understand because we are under the government agency . We love the workplace & we do have fun with the co-workers
Salary / Benefits
Our main project is to empower people (Indigenous People). It is a community driven development approach. We usually visit the community, meeting and reach out with them. Sometimes we felt exhausted in visiting since the areas were very remote that we need to walk for how many miles. But seeing them very happy for we visited them, seems like our energy were active again since they were so accommodating and hospitable. We follow the Community Empowerment Activity Cycle process to enable us to know what would be the main problem in the community and give them the solution thru infrastructure projects. When we’re in the office, we do a lot of reports that will be submitted weekly and monthly based on the project status and any updates. We have to entertain also the contractors and constituent’s issues and concerns in the office. We have to be meticulous in time management and in all we do, so we can start a new month with no backlogs.
Pros
manage your own time
Cons
No weekends and holidays
Salary / Benefits
I take pride working in the Government like DSWD esp. we are under the current administration who has a strong advocay to clean up our Government through implementing programs that quells graft and corruption. Furthermore, the powers that be are implementing programs that tends to alleviate poverty. Being part of this program is rewarding as a civil service worker.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Undermanned
Salary / Benefits
Working on this government institution is a challenging experience because I need to travel far flung areas of the provinces, but a satisfying output.
Salary / Benefits
Dealing with a group of people with different personalities and culture is a big opportunity to develop my skills in dealing with individuals who came from different tribes. Working in this environment is not a easy job but these difficult things will make me stronger in facing much more difficult individual. As a HR officer, we have to be passionate with our duties and responsibilities as we are handling people and empowering them,
Cons
no overtime pay
Salary / Benefits
Typical day at work i spend more than 8 hours every day, focusing on paper works. I learned a lot of things because this agency provide training's to employees specially in Disaster Preparedness. The management works fine, they priority the welfare of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is during travelling to different places and visits different provinces around region XI.
Pros
2 days day off every week and 2 day leave every month
Cons
Long working hours
Salary / Benefits
Since I am a field worker, I was based in an indigenous community, primarily the Matigsalog Tribe of Barangay Gumitan District of Marilog Davao City, I could assess that learning is more of experience and discovery, to field that I am into, you will learn IP cultures, as well as there customs and traditions. Working in the agency is worth fulfiling especially if you work with an eagerness to help.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Less benefits
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot especially, how to deal with the people, how to balance my studies and work. I learned some things that are applicable in my future work/life.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
It's a wonderful experience for me, because of this i learned to be more effective. They are good in managing people but always delay about paying salaries. It is not hard job for me. I've been pull out to this company because there's no more left papers to be encoded. That's the end of my job there.