Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Davao City

Davao City31 reviews

Many information, knowledege and Trainings conducted!

Many trainings and seminars conducted to the staff. It includes Financial Management, Project Management, Auditing and Human Resource. Good for fresh graduates.

productive work place

Variety of professionals working on one team. wide range of skills necessary for each project that is provided. output based deliverables for each phase of the project

Small Scale Infra to Municipalities

From Planning (Designing, Estimating), Implementation and Monitoring of Projects up to Operation and Maintenance of the Sub-Projects of the barangays from the municipality of Malalalag.

Job knowledge (skills and understanding of the work)

Quality of work (accuracy, thoroughness, competence) Quantity of work (productivity level, time management, ability to meet deadlines) Working relationships (ability to work with others, communication skills) Achievements

Very Good

The government agency has a good working environment, approachable and friendly staff, well-rounded staffing in every department and a good working conditions towards the public.

Enjoy the workplace accompany

A friendly and very productive workplace. Everyday I gain different knowledge and challenges to face the reality of life. Sometimes there are some complications but I can manage it before the end of the day and make it even more productive. Assisting clients concerns/issues and lending my ears to them helps me a lot on how to control emotions and face challenges.

Fun work place

the work place is fun the management treat the employees well plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts the work load is not that difficult.

Pros

Free Meals (out based employees)

Cons

always travel

The workplace must possess a productive yet harmonious relation in everybody. In management wise there should be respect of suggestion and opinions from the team members

Pros

free snacks

Case management

I learned a lot in this work because this is my profession, I love to help people especially the poor and the needed. This work is not easy because you will work in the province to help the poor. The main work is you will be conducting case management and households at the survival level. To facilitate and ensure conduct family development sessions with the LGU. Maintain and monitor caseload data.

Pros

Free fare and lunch break

Cons

Fun workplace, and great environment

Honestly, I do not have any problem with my job in terms in working place and the people around here, the only problem is that they pay low salary, and the salary is always delay, the management is good they are very nice towards their employees, the hardest part of the job is that when it comes to paper works because, we are updating several types of profile, and it is not easy because we are update the files for only 2-3 weeks, and the individual files is around 100,000, and we should finish it before the system shuts down. the most enjoyable part of my job is when we finish all our paper works, our boss will treat us some food so that we can relax ourselves, it is one way of "job well done"

Pros

lots of free time

Productive and fun

Its a good company. Good company to start your career. The workmates are accommodating and the bosses are unbiased. Lots of fun stuff to do and many eventd

I didn't give my 5 star cause I do believe that nobodys perfect.

Theres always rooms for improvement and I think by not giving my last star is for the companies benefits for them to strive hard and work even harder everyday.The luck of security and benefits in thier field workers specialy in food and accomation must be put as first priority.

I worked here for 3 months as an encoder. We encode every detail of every Filipino. Each detail should be encoded properly & correct. About salary, we wait too much but we can understand because we are under the government agency . We love the workplace & we do have fun with the co-workers

Adventurous and fun workplace, mingling with different people in the community.

Our main project is to empower people (Indigenous People). It is a community driven development approach. We usually visit the community, meeting and reach out with them. Sometimes we felt exhausted in visiting since the areas were very remote that we need to walk for how many miles. But seeing them very happy for we visited them, seems like our energy were active again since they were so accommodating and hospitable. We follow the Community Empowerment Activity Cycle process to enable us to know what would be the main problem in the community and give them the solution thru infrastructure projects. When we’re in the office, we do a lot of reports that will be submitted weekly and monthly based on the project status and any updates. We have to entertain also the contractors and constituent’s issues and concerns in the office. We have to be meticulous in time management and in all we do, so we can start a new month with no backlogs.

Pros

manage your own time

Cons

No weekends and holidays

The Place was a fun workplace with good people and understanding superiors.

I take pride working in the Government like DSWD esp. we are under the current administration who has a strong advocay to clean up our Government through implementing programs that quells graft and corruption. Furthermore, the powers that be are implementing programs that tends to alleviate poverty. Being part of this program is rewarding as a civil service worker.

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

Undermanned

It is challenging but fulfilling experience in my life.

Working on this government institution is a challenging experience because I need to travel far flung areas of the provinces, but a satisfying output.

Working with people with passion and compassion.

Dealing with a group of people with different personalities and culture is a big opportunity to develop my skills in dealing with individuals who came from different tribes. Working in this environment is not a easy job but these difficult things will make me stronger in facing much more difficult individual. As a HR officer, we have to be passionate with our duties and responsibilities as we are handling people and empowering them,

Cons

no overtime pay

Fun workmates and good work place

Typical day at work i spend more than 8 hours every day, focusing on paper works. I learned a lot of things because this agency provide training's to employees specially in Disaster Preparedness. The management works fine, they priority the welfare of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is during travelling to different places and visits different provinces around region XI.

Pros

2 days day off every week and 2 day leave every month

Cons

Long working hours

Interesting

Since I am a field worker, I was based in an indigenous community, primarily the Matigsalog Tribe of Barangay Gumitan District of Marilog Davao City, I could assess that learning is more of experience and discovery, to field that I am into, you will learn IP cultures, as well as there customs and traditions. Working in the agency is worth fulfiling especially if you work with an eagerness to help.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Less benefits

fun workmates

I learned a lot especially, how to deal with the people, how to balance my studies and work. I learned some things that are applicable in my future work/life.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

long hours of work

Productive and serious workplace.

It's a wonderful experience for me, because of this i learned to be more effective. They are good in managing people but always delay about paying salaries. It is not hard job for me. I've been pull out to this company because there's no more left papers to be encoded. That's the end of my job there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in Davao City