Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Cagayan de Oro

Salary / Benefits
Its productive because it helped poor people and because of this program their children are able to study well. The work place is very nice because the people were very supportive and respectful.
Pros
Free load card, printer, ink, paper supplies.
Cons
10 hours
Salary / Benefits
these kind of works are one of my challenging experience, because we really need to double our time serve, to search and prioritize the poor and vulnerable group of people in the community. because this program aims to indentify the poor family households
Pros
all meals sponsored byB LGU
Salary / Benefits
to empower the community, enable to reduce poverty and most of all improve local governance. that's the objectives of the program which i learn in my more than 4 years in service.
Salary / Benefits
Being a government worker for almost 5 years is my pleasure and honored, I learned a lot and experienced actual interaction with the people who needs help.I loved my job and I'm proud being a government worker even though its a stressful job but it's has a great feeling that you help others.
Salary / Benefits
To obtain a meaningful and valuable work where I can apply the knowledge that I have learned and develop my personality as a career person while utilizing my skills and to bring out and harness the best of my potentials for the glory of God and for the benefit of my employer, the community, and myself in preparation for the future advancement to the top management
Salary / Benefits
Even though i worked here late, but their staff is very friendly and employees are very friendly. Hopefully I can work here as a regular employee if given a chance someday.
Salary / Benefits
My job was to handle the financial reports of a specific town. The work was at times demanding but nonetheless it was fulfilling. I would recommend working here if you are in the Philippines. It gives you the opportunity to be immersed in the front lines of Poverty Reduction efforts of the government.
Salary / Benefits
Enjoy every work we have because we encounter different types of people with different personalities. As we travel from different municipalities and barangay we have seen the different culture of the people.
Pros
Free travel allowance, foods and etc.
Cons
Co workers attitude
Salary / Benefits
I work from Monday to Friday but sometimes I work Saturday if they need my presence.The people at the area are very welcoming and respectful. My unforgettable experience in my work is when I climb the top of the mountain carrying my heavy bag just to intake the information of one family living there.Though it was so tiring day I still thankful and happy because I made it and the family are very glad to see me in their house specially the kids, at that moment I promise to myself that I will do my duties very well and I will serve the people with all my heart.
Pros
free snacks
Salary / Benefits
The workplace that I've been through are productive.the staff and my co-workers are very accommodating and fun to be with.the salary and benefits are beneficial to the employees. The management are very strict in terms of rules and regulation of the company which is good to us employees to have self descipline. I have so much learn to be employed in such company to gain maturity and self improvement.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
It's a fast-pacing kind of job. We need at least 90 forms to encode and verify everyday. But, what I enjoy is we have a 2hours free time at lunch. The workmates are fun to be with as well, our boss is really generous and approachable.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
long hour to travel from home
Salary / Benefits
This job takes you to many places and meet people who are both interesting and warm. It is a job once in a lifetime you will always cherish. The places and people are awesome.
Salary / Benefits
The job is quite draining and fun at the same time. It taught me how to manage my time to be able to reach the quota needed for the day. Like the number of families that should be encoded to reach your target salary for the day.
Cons
Very exhausting. Time pressured. Internet connection is weak. Delayed salary. Low rates.
Salary / Benefits
You have to be pro-poor. DSWD is that hand of the government whose main goal is to alleviate the poverty level in the Philippines which is considered to be very high. It was challenging in such a way that you get to be assigned in far flung places where government services are very limited.
Pros
high salary
Cons
dangerous
Salary / Benefits
it is so hard at your first job but if you get already all the jobs techniques and others then all was easy and enjoyable and you have a new family, friends and you can easily communicate with others. share some ideas and share some happy moments.
Pros
no free
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
Exhilirating but fun to be working with dswd. Employees are well compensated. Great incentives that they are giving to its employees.
Pros
free lunches
Salary / Benefits
for the first time in that job is so nervous but its fun and to learned and knowing other people and my co-workers is so friendly and the hardest part is the loading system but ive enjoy.
Cons
11 hours
Salary / Benefits
Challenging workplace, dealing with different culture, yet very satisfying and fulfilling. Immediate superior are very supportive and has sense of urgency in answering queries. Work is not more about dealing with numbers but how you grow and develop as an individual and as a public servant.
Pros
Travel Allowance
Cons
Job order only
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is updating subsidiary ledgers, process vouchers and other things that is asked by the Regional Accountant. I am delighted every time I see my colleagues at the office because I considered them as my second family and the place as my second home. The most enjoyable part of my job is every time we will go out of town for training and seminar which widens my knowledge and boosts my confidence and meet new friends as well. I do not consider any instances in my job as hard but considered it as a new challenge to face.