Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews in Baguio

Salary / Benefits
Tasks in this department are very challenging, you have to keep up with the fast-paced work or else you will get left behind. Workmates are very accomodating and friendly.
Salary / Benefits
The overall experience of working at the Department of Social Welfare and Development was positive; the colleagues and supervisors were all very supportive and a lot of the staff were observed to be really hardworking and motivating, although a few improvements on the maintenance of balance is necessary
Pros
Higher salary and chance to compensate day offs
Cons
Mandatory overtimes are unpaid
Salary / Benefits
I was hired at Department of social welfare and Development since 2012 as area coordinator. I was assigned at the community based working with people to supervised community organizers doing community based project. People were empowered to identiy problems and ind solution to the problem. when working with people at different levels I need to humble myself and put down to the grass root level to be able let them participate in the program. While Im doing assistance to the community facilitator empowering community people, the support of the higher management came in to provide trainings, coaching and logistic support to the staff in the field. Well, the hardest part is the management of cash, Financial management have to be installed properly, and selections of officers handling cash management have to be trained and level of education have to be considered. The most enjoyable part is the when people get together implementing thier own projects managing thier resources and finding solution to the hindrances of being poor in the lives. working in the community is a great experienced and learning tool of being true person. This project was funded by the United States of America - Comprehensive Delivery of social services. Thank you and more power. LUIS DIWAS
Pros
People Identify thier own problem and ind solution. Manage thier own fund.
Cons
People were pressured to learned managing projects.
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot. The salary was good. But it's just for part-time encoders only. What does an encoder do? We encode all the client's applications. We're very happy for being part of this company.
Salary / Benefits
We conduct surveys. We travel places to places. The hardest part of the job is being chased by dogs, hot weather, and salary benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know more new friends.
Pros
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
-Inspect Infrastructure projects as to approved plans and specifications. - Gives technical advice to municipal engineers as to the standard plans of the department
Pros
good pay
Cons
No insurance
Salary / Benefits
It has been a good experience working with the agency despite just being a contract of service worker.Working with the people in the community and seeing the fruit of everyone's effort to fulfill their goal brings a feeling of fulfillment.
Pros
Training's are provided.
Cons
working at night to adjust with the schedule of the community residents, no employer-employee relationship for Memorandum of Agreement worker
Salary / Benefits
Developing relationship to fellow workers and delivering the expected results based on the requirements. Employee performance is being checked and assessed over time. Also, Training is provided to allow the employees to grow in the agency.
Salary / Benefits
Our work starts at 8:00am and ends at 5:00pm normally. However, if there are trainings we exceed or go beyond the official time. Working as a training officer is fulfilling because I learned how to conduct trainings and workshop and also how to go about training logistics. The hardest part of the job is that activities are scheduled during weekends thereby compromising time with the family. The exciting part of the job is that knowledge is being gained regarding the topics presented during workshops and training.
Pros
Free accommodation and meals during trainings
Cons
Working at weekends especially when there is training
Salary / Benefits
My routine at work is to ensure the legality, accuracy and completeness of requested claims for all financial transactions.Ensures availability of funds of financial transactions processed. Entertain visitor in our Unit in the absence of the appointed person. In this office I learned more the process of government accounting. This office topped on the management control, with the outstanding performance of the regional director. My position as a senior bookkeeper is not a hard job. Working in this office is fun sometimes, since they let us visit other part of our region to give service to our clients, which i consider as a adventure too. My reason for looking for the job abroad is because of security of tenure- I am not a regular employee of the agency, hence, they can dismiss me when the project which employs will be finished. And because of financial purposes, since I am a single mother. It is my sole responsibility to give my child a best life he deserves.