Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Philippines626 reviews

Project Development Officer II

Being with DSWD F.O. X Family for almost 8 years gave me the opportunity to grow - career wise. The trainings are all for personal upliftment and were able to help me in the performance of my work efficiently, effectively, and smartly. The heads of office, headed by the Regional Director, Assistant RD for Operations, and ARDA were able to mold us into giving our all for the service of our less marginalized few and vulnerables in the society/community we are serving. Indeed, working with DSWD F.O. X is a fulfilling and rewarding work experience.

Pros

Travelling Allowance, Load Cards, and Technical Assistance

Cons

Long but fulfilling work hours

Collaborative.Fast-paced.Good working environment.Job security advancement.Salary benefits.Management.Job culture.Job work.Work-life balance.Peer Review

I learned a lot in terms of technical writing and skills

Social Work profession in the DSWD will hone your skills, knowledge in terms of case management, technical writing, providing technical assistance to partner agencies, decision making, and a lot more. You will experience working with the different fields of social work by doing a generalist social work practice as you augment to other programs/services of the department.

Pros

A lot of learnings and will definitely help you in your future application with other agencies

Cons

Not well compensated given the workloads

Nice work place, helping poor/ no poor is more fun

I love working at DSWD , I love my work before. Working in a field must give interest because I love house to house basis interview at I love interacting with people.

Productive. Good management

Productive. Good management. Boss are kind. Sometimes stressful but still manageable and enjoying to work. Good pay also. Just need to be patient sometimes late pay.

Fun and Exciting

DSWD was my 2nd agencies to worked after I got my previous job at PSA.Working here was a life changing to be able to share or help those people who really needs daily assistance. I hope there will be more programs to offer by DSWD and more ayuda.I hope they will have vacancy this year.

Pros

Free accomodations and additional fees.

Cons

Includes Sunday or Holidays. As necessary

Productive and fun being with co workers.

The only problem of this company is when it comes to the salary especially for their field staffs its really needs to wait how many months before getting it and not helpful especially for those who are needed it 🤔😔.

Pros

Not really! Sometimes snacks.

Cons

Most of the time long working hours.

Wonderful place to harness your experience in development work

Great place to learn about social protection in concept and in implementationMost employees are very professionalA lot of trainingsMost employees are highly-experienced

Pros

Opportunities to learn the technical side for development work

Cons

short in permanent positions

I have a great time working in the field

Working in the field is a challenge for me. Able to met different kinds of people. Some treat you well and some take you for granted and many lied their true status financially.

Pros

The baranggays where we stay provide our needs

Cons

Get ready always for the next location

productive everyday

i like to work here because i love helping people and giving assistance who in need.also i learned a lot in this company on how to handle people that is cafing their problems.

Pros

learnings

DSWD have a fair type of working management.

The DSWD had a good type of working management in particular with program execution and goal for the families belongs to below poverty line. All their overall program plan and intervention was in standard rating except their workplace culture. Most of the time, seniority, padrino type and crab mentality behavior was manifested in major municipal offices that doesn't promote any means of professional progress of an employee.

Work Ethics, Poor Management, Unhealthy working environment, limited opportunity to get regular job, No work-life balance.

Same with the usual problem in all government offices, regular are more entitled, contract employees have no benefits even they are working most of the regular functions. No work-life balance and some regular employees and directors are taking advantage of their positions. Corrupt practices, like overtime, while doing nothing, etc.

Cons

Long Hours of work, calls and meeting during weekends and when your on leave, management are using their power excessively and take advantage for those COS and JO workers.

A good experience and enjoy with co worker

As a area supervisor of Listahana3 enumeration and validation I had experience more difficulties and grievances, but if you are committed on your work it is easy to solve all problems in a field.

Pros

With travel allowance and load allowance

Cons

Contract

Productive and enjoyable working at the community you assigned.

My typical day at work, excited, fun and challenging.I've learn to be independent and more confident to handling beneficiary at community assembly.Good managementThe hardest part of the job, when you encounter those kinds of beneficiary who don't know how to be cooperative and impatient.The most enjoyable part of the job, when you saw those big smile of your beneficiary and saying thank you.

Pros

Free Lunch and transportation

Cons

Short breaks

Heavy workload from field work to paper works.

DSWD teached us how to be a flexible with own planning, good coordination and multi-tasking individual. Aside from working at field from 8:00am to 5:00pm, working from home is required to check the accomplishment of staffs everyday.

Pros

6, 000 travel expense voucher every month, load allowance every month

Productive and enjoyed.

Know how to communicate to the barangay/s.and patience in far flang area's and must have a endurance to climb mountains and socialized and be humble as always.

Pros

Re-embursment

Cons

Productive and friendly work. You have the chance to reach out to the kess fortunate and provide them with sustainable livelihood to augment income...

Competitive Workplace

From my experience, in addition to your college keyboarding program, You get to build and improve your typing skills and your sensitiveness when you input data regarding the census.

Pros

Fun Workplace

Fun and life changing workplace

Everytime we transfer to different place, I enjoy the unique rides that we have experienced. Meet different kinds of people. You'll experience the things that the community experiencing, ex. no cellphone signal. (No texts or calls for a week! Hahaha) Memories to be treasure.

Competitive and productive

The job is very competitive regarding accomplishments of projects. Very enjoyed during area, meeting different people and making new friends.

Pros

Free travel expenses

Cons

Remote areas

productive

a typical day at work is very tiring because we need to conduct a household assessment wherein we interviewed all of the household in every barangay/area on where we assigned. the hardest part of the job is when the responded is not telling the truth. and the most enjoyable part is when we encountered different types of people with different kinds of personalities.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

field staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines in popular locations