Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Philippines18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,798 reviews

Competitive but challenging workplace

Like any other business, there are some good co-workers but also there are toxic ones. Of course the work load is no less than voluminous but overall it is a good place to work.

Pros

Experience

Heavy workload

Heavy workloadFast pacedThe engagement can get easier if you have a nice senior.More legwork. Going to client premiseGovernment headquartersThe place is in BGC.

Fast Paced with no Work life Balance

An excellent company if you are seeking professional growth and career progression . If you seek nice compensation and work life balance , look for other companies.

The culture of the company really needs to change.

The overall culture of the company really needs to change and each team should implement ways on how to promote work/life balance for every employee rather than considering overtime as a norm.

Good Experience except pay

Overtime Pay is not billable so far on my engagements!!.Strict deadlines!! I hope they would make the ot filing easier so the effort will be worth it. The salary is on the low side. When you are a junior. Seniors are there to help you and guide you. Some are really busy but they try to check up on you.Most people are nice. Some are just toxic and too bossy maybe not the company itself but due to the personality/behavior of the person. You meet different kinds of people at work. Great learning experience. You will be inspired to get better at work as you take on challenges.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Requires long hours and hard to charge OT it requires strict approval. Most OT are unpaid.

Must’ve been a great company but there were often mismanagement of plotting.

Office is great. As for the people, they also uplift others. Some in the management though are not compassionate about. There were often mismanagement of plottings. I sincerely think it could’ve been improved.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Exhausting

Values work-life balance more than the other big 4 firms

I value my experience here as an Audit Associate to Singaporean clients and i can confirm that this is one of the best firms to start your career as a CPA. Despite the long OT hours rendered during busy season, our leaders still encourages us to have work-life balance as much as possible, and does not tolerate working during holidays/weekends.

Efficient and Goal-Oriented Workplace

Our work is really focused on submitting reports on time. We cannot be on delay as we are catering a lot of clients. Thus, we really have a poor work/life balance. But, I have learned a lot from this company and I'm very thankful for that.

Great beginning

It's a good place to start your professional journey. A place full of well prepared professionals who can guide you. Work / life balance is highly dependent on the team you are part of.

Great working environment

No complaints, good place to start and grow a career. management is helpful, the work is interesting and growth is tremendous. Anyone looking for a fun, fast paced environment should consider Indeed.

Simply Great!

Working at Deloitte as an intern had given me the opportunity to finally apply what I have learned during my previous studies. It is simply one of the best company to work with so far.

Fun work place

I've met a lot of people who help me to develop my skills. Friendly and supportive.Further, I developed my self confidence and managed to face different kind of people.

Pros

Flexible time

Conversion

We have to convert the old format audit files to new format by using the tool called EMS (Engagement Management System), which was developed by Deloitte.

Productive workplace and fun working environment

Productive workplace and fun working environment. I have been in Deloitte PH for almost 4 years and I have enjoyed my stay.

Pros

Free food during busy season

Cons

NO overtime pay

Good for career and expansion of knowldge and training

Deloitte has provided me an extensive training when it comes to accounting experience and regular update in IFRS. We are doing everything in this company when it comes to taxation, finance and accounting, management reporting, etc. The company also recognizes the effort you exerted in the profession and rewarded for some of the achievement you have achieved. But despite, the company only given you 1 performance bonus which based on the revenue achieved of the company for the year. The company does not have a lot of benefits especially financial benefits. Due to long hours of hours and endless workload, employees became exhausted. Trainings are extensive to the extent that you will learn a lot from other professionals.

Pros

Time Management

exellent

The job work and life balance is in proper places, though there are times we need to be in the office over night to meet the deadline we still manage to get a rest after while. we are secure in terms of salary and benefits as well as with the management.

Pros

free coffee and water.

Working Experience is All Worth It

I believe what everyone is after in an institution are the technical knowledge and experience to be obtained which I have been able to get from Deloitte. However, what makes an employee stay longer in a firm are the people who makes all the heavy workloads lighter. I have been able to work with the finest (in technical and management terms) yet funniest people and they have made the busy season somehow easy to deal with. The hardest part of the job though is when everyone is stressed and some cannot keep their cool though this kind of people exist in every workplace. In spite of all the stress, I will always remember the fun I have had with my colleagues and the knowledge/expertise I have obtained from here will never be replaced. I will be eternally grateful for that.

Pros

Technical knowledge and experience are obtained.

Cons

Office Politics

Very competitive work environment, fast-paced

Deloitte Philippines is an audit firm and one of the big four firms in the world. If you are new to the profession, it's ideal to join the firm because this is a very good training ground for professionals with no experience yet. Deloitte will help you develop qualities and skills that are core foundation of accounting and external audit profession. I thank Deloitte because it thought me the value of hard-work, discipline, good work ethics. And it also enhanced my analytical skills, attention to details, and i became more result-oriented, responsible and motivated. In terms of work-life balance, I think its very hard to achieve it in this kind of work environment. It is normal to extend work hours and work on weekends. But if this is your cup of tea, then you will have no problem. But if you really are committed to balance out your work and life, you will have to do your best to set your limit (no matter how much you enjoy working) and learn to stop, leave something for tomorrow and enjoy the rest of the day like running, going to the gym, or whatever that makes you feel healthy and stress-free. Its your choice actually.

Pros

free food during busy season, free training and seminars, you're always updated with every new accounting standards, competitive work environment, increase your network

Cons

long hours of work, not very competitive pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Deloitte in popular locations

• Deloitte