dd's DISCOUNTS

dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,688 reviews

Promotions are from within; Pay is iffy.

Promotions are generally from within the company so there is growth potential. Pay is not great for associates or lower level management. It is a TON of constant work to keep the stores running and keep the salesfloor somewhat organized, mainly because the customers are absolute jerks. Store Managers .. it varies, some are fantastic some never should have been born. There are a LOT of bad-tempered customers, and less then stellar people (think hookers/pimps, thieves, crack addicts) that frequent these stores and are very difficult to deal with while keeping yourself safe. The company thinks yelling HELLO to everyone coming in the door actually keeps you safe and prevents theft .... literally the dumbest policy/expectation I've ever seen working in retail.

Pros

Career path

Cons

Pay, Never ending work, Sketchy locations/Safety

Like design

This my first time work dd's discounts do go on time and don't play about work and work every day need too and love clothes tell people where clothes and other things at

Unrealistic expectations and disorganized

While working at dds I was hired as a cashier but did every job you can think of and usually more than one position at one time. It was overwhelming being at register with there being 1-2 cashiers at all times even during back to school and Christmas

Meeting new people

It's always nice to make new and continuous faces smile and enjoy themsleves! There is always something to do so no way to get board because you can actually stay busy! Choosing outfits for people, toys, home decor, purses, shoes who wouldn't want to be in an environment full of so many different people and potential things to buy for projects, home, and or others!! I loved it just not quite the pay!

A fun and safe workplace with teamplayers

When I was working with Dds I enjoyed it very much much. The manager was very nice and professional she gave me a chance work thee and learne alot. All the workers there also very nice to work with. That's why I would love work back for this company again.

Buen servicio

Cómodo, fácil, divertido, un lugar muy recomendado

Pros

Si

Cons

Ninguna

Under paid and over worked

They pay way under minimum wage in cook county. They overwork you and hire literally anybody that needs a job, especially teenagers. They will work with you schedule wise which is a plus. But overall, they require too much to pay so low and its depressing, and they never give raises. It seems as if they only invest in management. They also promote anybody without actually deserving it. The staff is nice, but the company can do better to take care of their staff. Maybe the turn over rate wouldnt be so high if they paid more.

Sometimes great sometimes not so great

The time and flexible hours are good but sometimes you can feel underappreciated at work if they only see the bad in you. Its depends the way you work.

Productive and fun

I enjoyed working at Hallandale my managers was very nice fun and understanding(caring). Fast learning and manager pushes you out of your comfort zone.

Fun and easy

Nice coworkers and fun environment. Flexible schedule and their is also seasonal positions if you are interested. It gets pretty busy during the holidays

Good management, will work with you on schedule changes, very understanding.

Nice place to work excellent management. Easy to do work. Nice work environment, great communication. Training was easy, and they have great programs, and benefits for employees to utilize.

Welcome to the Dredge of retail

Management is always stressed and angry about quotas. They are never met it seems. Never enough hours given to staff the store adequately to meet company demands. Workers are miserable and stressed and call out all the time, and rarely do managers bother to try to replace the shift and hardly any disiplinary action is ever taken to correct the habits.Customers are the rudest, crudest people I have ever dealt with in over 20 years customer service. Shopping lifting is high and nothing ever done about it. Their security doesn't stop you-they can't or will be terminated. But when it all goes wrong, the associates are the one to get blamed and attacked on both sides. No raises are given unless you get promoted and even then the amount you get is a joke for the amount of work responsibility. They want to own your time. You cannot take time off during the summer, November or December and they guilt you when you try the rest of the year. They never want to cross-train staff so you often get stuck doing 1-2 things every shift. Never plan to get off on time. Seriously, you can be told to work several hours past, especially if you close. Worked at two different locations. Only good thing was the co-workers. I was lucky and met some great ones.

Never again

Worst job ever, wouldn’t recommend to a homeless person off the streets! Favoritism is a bich, save yourself from the dd’s on Buckner cus it’s a strict no from me

They will work with your school schedule , great for a first job/students. Management is good. Depending on the day it can be a very fast paced environment other days can be slow.

A horrible company to work for

This company underpays their employees and expects them to do way more work. You can do everything to prove you’re a good worker but even the DM will tell you you’re not good.

Fast paced

Has a lot of opportunities to grow in the company. Very fast paced environment.Not much down time . Friendly co workers good management . Always something to be done at the store

An amazing place to work for temporary not for long term

Overall it’s a a amazing place to work at. Hard work is recognized and they will move you up the rank but due to pay and other circumstances I would only recommend It to be temporary

Pros

Hard work recognized, great environment and management, amazing co workers

Cons

Short breaks, availability sometimes ignored, hours are random, pay is low

Sales Associate

I have been working at the same dd’s DISCOUNTS for over 8 years. I believe I have thrived this long because of the work environment and I am able to easily learn from other Associates. I can change my work availability each month, but it must be a health, sick, or a family emergency?! Okay, the work is not too difficult. Mostly sorting and placing merchandise in the correct department. The Manager of the day can move you to front end, sales floor, or inventory. We are always in need for more Cashiers and/or Associates working in the back to unload new merchandise.

Its okay

Don't bother applying part time for restock unless you're only looking to make a little bit of cash on the side. PRO: You get store discounts, you get a first glance at all the new items coming out, sometimes it can be a fun workplace, you can have colored hair, piercings and or tattoos.CON: They want EVERYTHING done in less than 4 hours. NO OVERTIME, they do NOT want to pay you more for staying longer than you should be.

They don’t care about their employees

To much work and not enough pay . They always have their favorites. They time you on everything if your to slow at the register they will write you up !!

Its an alright place to work at

The job here was simple. You could finish it within a few hours however management was terrible. The manager did nothing and made the employees do her work. Would often not pay us correctly.

Cons

Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits