CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.

CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,686 reviews

Poor equipment management

The agents are good to work with. Do not lease from this company! Their equipment management policies are crippling. Stuck me with a truck with a bent frame. Bring your own truck.

Pros

3rd Party agents

Cons

Screw you on equipment

Crst

No it's not make sure you pay them back even if they abandon you somewhere you better pay the classes back or they come after you with a collection company they don't pay for anything and the ort and the pay checks be glad I'd you see a check over 300 dollars no this place isn't great to work for at all it stinks

Great place to work for a owner operator you pick your own loads so if you aren’t making money it is your own fault. They never bug me as long as I do my job safely

Better than most jobs

Working at CRST is alright. I went from not having a CDL to regional route, all in about on year. I am home weekly and work five days a week. Not a bad job Management more or less leaves me alone. If you are new to trucking I recommend working here.

Pros

Good if you are new to the company

Cons

Managment can be rude at times

Not a good place to work.

Management is horrible specially the VPs they think they're gods. The turnover rate at CRST is 100% that should tell you something about the company. Absolute horrible place to work.

Cons

Good place to work, but...

The dispatchers are very professional, and approachable. Upper management is not forthcoming concerning the health of our business relationships with their customers. There is a very high driver turnover rate. CRST does not focus enough attention on driver retention. It's a good place to start if you are a new driver just coming out of CDL school. There needs to be more communication between upper management and the driver's personnel.

Just started working here

Seems to be a decent place to work so far, has kept me busy for sure. Needs to get rid of $700 a week flat rate and pay CPM I'm averaging 6000 miles a week.

Minimum

Truck school is great, pays very low. It is good for beginner. Facility is good, food could be better. So far the training is good. Study for class C it is tricky

Not Great company

This by far the worst company to work for they force you to team drive the pay is not great bad management it is horrible they don't get you work on the weekend they make you sit leave you hanging they send you 100 to 200 miles up road for empty trailer they dodge your phone call when you have problems by leave you on hold 30 to 40 mins they force you team with stanky driver also they team you with new driver that can't pretrip or don't know how follow safety precautions matter fact with this job you pretty much have to fight for your life it awful place to work for

Pros

Get you home

Cons

The pay is not good and they force you team and they split 90 cent between two people

Trainers we're helpful and accommodating

Good start-up company, takes an interest in your needs while training. And trainers do their job. Some trainers have had issues with trainees and there were a couple of suits filed.

Pros

Meals and accomodations good while training, equipment is newer and we'll maintained.

Cons

CDL training felt rushed, but thorough, and keeps you moving

Problem all the way around

I felt like a number no real reason to stick around for..the ppl or friendly but dispatch micromanage and the pay is below average I would have been better off working at home

Work to death

Hours are Long. No work life balance. This is the gardener trucking section of crst out of eastvale pay is okay but no over time.would not recommend if you have family.

Loved the training, hated no being home

Driving constantly east to west coast. No time to stop anywhere. Just driving and sleeping. I would of liked to have a day off sometime. Good truck and good Management.

It a decent place to work the hours are great the management could use improvement to make it a better the maintenance could be better as well other then that it good

Good place to start

Got my cdl here through contract. I quit 8 times. Rehire bonus each time. They say on my dac they fired me the last time I quit for company violation. I had quit though. Get your CDL and go.

very fun

Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have

Home daily

The Manager in their maintenance department was completely unprofessional and didn’t have any work ethics.Otherwise, working for the Caterpillar division was awesome.

Pros

Home daily

Cons

Trailers

Underpaid driver's over worked

No vacation pay, they'll just cash you out for a week's pay, regardless of the year's of service you put in. New fresh out of truck school drivers will be paid the same as drivers who's got year's under their belt. 3 holiday pay at 10.00Don't walk, run from this company. When ask when they'll give out a decent pay increase to balance out the cost of living management will tell you they don't give pay raise due to their sites. They really offer you nothing here but expect everything from you. Sadly office people/management only looks out for their best interest.

Pros

Weekend off

Cons

Under paid

Low pay

Overwork you and low pay. Not worth applying. You’ll wait for a partner, if you want to team drive. The staff team are very nice and understanding people. They just need to pay more.

Dedicated Caterpillar Account

They don't tell you they are closed weekends..too many weekends spent sitting..bad communication. Not enough pay. Only worked there so my ex team driver could get their OTR experience. Left asap.

Great company to start your trucking career

Every trucking company has its own bs that you have to deal with you just have to choose which bs is best for you. If you want your CDL in less than a month go to CRST. Great company to start out with for young drivers that want experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.