Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Employee Reviews for Senior System Engineer

Senior System Engineer8 reviews
Philippines8 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Enhances decision making skills and provides a broad knowledge of support skill sets for your own growth and development as an IT personnel. Despite the long hours of working with stress you can still cope up with your daily tasks.
Pros
helpful colleagues
Cons
stress, shifting schedules including night shift, minimal bonus and incentives
Salary / Benefits
At start working in cognizant is great but when the Indian take over our account there was a build up in politics. They change our process and make it worse.
Salary / Benefits
Its a great company where everyone has a chance to explore their opporrtunity.. Plus we were also given a Company bonus thru porfit sharing every year we alsohave a yearly increase
Pros
Free food and Transportation
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
With the company, every day is a new day. We are engaged with different IT infrastructure issues which help us evolve more and use the skills we have acquired on day to day basis to resolve issues in the shortest possible time. We have been taught to comply with requirements under time pressure and meet Service Level Agreement in a favorable manner.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
You have to render hours if required
Salary / Benefits
Always provides free advancement training's for you to increase your value as an employee. They appreciate and recognize your hardwork and is not hesitant to promote a person who deserves it. Values its employees by providing the best benefits as possible.
Pros
Free Drinks, trainings Flexible time
Salary / Benefits
Hearing the clicking sound of my keyboard and checking my emails while taking a sip of coffee from time to time is how I can describe my typical day at work. I'd get minimal phone calls but sometimes I barely spend a minute without talking on the phone but I am happy. Everyday I learn something new and the most fun part is you get to experience the best of both worlds. It creates balance but it evolves. The mastered skills of customer service plus you get to educate end users about technology and ensures efficient resolution with their IT related concerns which hungers me, so the next thing you know you are doing an extensive research about something to fully understand it and be able to pass that knowledge in a complex way that end users would understand. I guess that is just the hardest part. But the feeling is very rewarding of course. I always tell my end users that I don't know everything this world can offer but with reading you can be the best dictionary you can find. It's like travelling but you're not there physically. It's how we teach ourselves to think and explore. Find out what you are capable of and to never stop believing that everything can be achieved if you think of it that way.
Pros
free lunches sometimes courtesy of our Leads
Cons
n/a
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work is simple. Trying to help our clients to resolve their issues on their password. Assisting them on how to be able to connect to their network. Every day I learn how to be more patient and cooperative with co workers. Our management provide support for the staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that you are able to help other people.
Pros
Free lunch and food if it's holiday
Cons
Need to work overtime if there is loads of work
Salary / Benefits
I get to work 8 hours a day, Cognizant pays well as to a typical Philippine Company. My co workers are very professional and they help whenever you have any struggles at work. Hardest part is that we hold a very big support scope compare to others and it makes it confusing at times.
The best part though is that your teamates are really easy to work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cognizant Technology Solutions?