Cintas

Cintas Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,621 reviews

No company is perfect

No company is perfect. I’ve worked government, small companies, medium sized companies, and now a large corporation. When I was hired I asked for clear goals, clear instruction on how to achieve said goals, and the space to work to achieve. I have been given all of that and then some. I left the restaurant industry to come to Cintas and by far it was a great decision. The hours are very stable, my management team is very respectful of the work/life balance. If you’ve ever worked restaurants or other commission based jobs, you know that is a hard find. Ultimately this is sales but a lot of the hard work with sales, such as finding the customers, grooming them, and then selling, is already done. You manage relationships. The better you are at building the relationships the better you will sell and be rewarded. There is opportunity for growth, I choose to stay where I am because I like the customers on my route and I have a great work/life balance. There are others around who do not perform properly and in line with policy, but because their sales $$$ are high a lot is overlooked. I don’t agree and have said as much. I’m not sure if any reprimand or discipline is done, but at the end of the day I am left alone to do my job which is what I want. On the First Aid and Safety Division I think we have it a lot better than uniforms/Facility Services.

Pros

Hours Work/Life Balance Decent/Fair Benefits Strong 401k/profit sharing

Cons

The occasional lapse of management support(always at the worst time), Others not doing the right thing and seemingly rewarded for it, Hiring/getting help a bit later than needed.

Cintas: Culture was only words

Business ethics is a critical piece of the training and they tactics used when retaining customers and growing customers is less that reputable. I would argue that the focus of management is exclusively how they can manage to move up with little consideration to the physical or mental health of subordinates.

Pros

4 day work week in the SSR role

Cons

When short staff you are maligned for not subbing route on your advertised off-day

It was a nice work place

I had a good experience with working with Cintas and also j gained my dot card while I was working there.. But a lil hard for me.. Loading the trucks by myself and a lil heavy

Ambiente de trabajo más o menos bien.

En muchas ocasiones es un trabajo tenso, estresante y agotador.

Pros

Hay muchos beneficios y actividades.

Cons

Los periodos de descanso son muy cortos de 10 minutos

Served its purpose.

A great company to professionally grow up. The Cintas business relationships made are invaluable. I was given the platform to springboard my career from. I will always appreciate my time with this company.

Pros

Investment in Development, Networking

Cons

Conservative business decisions are always the default

Hard but Rewarding

I enjoyed my time working for Cintas. It is a very rewarding place to work where you can see lots of personal development happen. Ensure you get compensated fairly from the start!

Hated working there

Supervisor were awful ‼️You never get holiday off because they make you work your schedule day off if holiday you have make it up.So you don’t get holiday off.

large company that makes you feel part of the team

Skeptical at first - but the comp plan is very achievable. Bridge pay available for those making significant changes later in career. Career path options in many directions. Great problem solvers and autonomy given to those who prove responsible.

Pros

autonomy, solid commission and bonus plan, wonderful people

Cons

nothing that cant be openly discussed and overcome

Employee Moral

Employee moral was constantly at an all time low. Managers would put bandaids on all problems. When you had a great idea to fix problems and boost productivity they wouldn't give you the time of day. The trucks were never loaded properly for the drivers and that sacrificed the customers experience that they paid top dollar to have. Supervisors and managers also talk down to the drivers showing very little respect. I would never suggest this job to anyone.

Good people but lots of frustrating issues

The people I work with on levels of the company are genuinely good people. However, the lack of communication between departments, and some the inconsistencies are a big problem, and can make the job very difficult. The pay is pretty good for the industry, however among different locations with similar cost of living the pay can vary and is again sort of inconsistent.

Great company just depends on the location

Service supervisors are responsible for hands on training the SSR's sales and service wise... ensuring there is a game plan in place to achieve key performance indicators. Sounds simple but depending on the leadership as a service supervisor you could being doing the service managers job which consist of account receivable responsibilities, hiring, customer retention, goodwill visits, account management, safety, payroll... that list goes on and on. Gets overwhelming. Then the service manager sits back does nothing but find holes where ever he/she can find them while your busting your butt all day everyday. Work as a team management wise and practice what you preach. Otherwise service turnover will always be a issue.

Bad management, empty promises.

Managers and supervisors tend to lie directly to your face and set you up for failure to cover their own shortcomings. The four day work week is a smoke screen to get you to work more than 40 hours a week and the pay plan can tend to screw you over if you're not on a major route.Hourly rate is nice but watch your back there are political backstabbers everywhere and HR are jackals.

Training was very good. When you start delivering on your own all the other drivers are very helpfull with any questions. No set hours, some days are long and some days are short. Overtime after 40 hrs. If your good with customers, driving, and independent work this is a good place to work. You need to move efficiently or you will end up getting behind on your day.

management

management doesn't care at all for their employees. majority of the time they disrespect their employees when traffic is slow. the work is pretty easy, but management could careless. they aren't ever around only to check if work is being done. whenever a situation occurs they seem to ignore until it becomes something bigger.

Bad management

Overall at Cintass, you are overworked or you are given a dead territory with not enough work to make any money. I was given a dead territory at first. I worked very hard and built it into a perfect money-making territory and was one of the best sales reps in the country. However, as soon as you do that they take it all away from you. Any customer you build by adding new business lines with your hard work they take it away and give it to someone else. This happened to me 5 times in under two years. Management will pretend like they have your back when at the office by helping you through questions or things you need, but once you are out on the route and in your territory you are most certainly on your own. From general management to service management I lost count of how many times fellow "partners" and I reached out for assistance only to receive no communication in return or a "can I call you back" text with no other communication no matter how important the issue may have been. It is a very clicky workplace with lots of office politics. No matter how good of a sales rep or "partner" you are if you are not rubbing the boss's feet you won't get the promotion you deserve. This company will string you along and have you fooled. They will lie to you in order to keep you around and never keep their promises. I would steer clear of this company at all costs.

Pros

Semi-decent commission compensation

Cons

Overworked, management is mostly fake, untrustworthy backstabbing work environment.

Office

SAP system is a bear. Instruction manuals given for support are old/outdated. Run Fast! No one talks w/one another. Heads are down all day working.

Pros

ice cream truck

Cons

micromanaging, dirty, big brother always watching

Simple job

Very easy and flexible hours. Minimum experience needed. Mostly desk work. Need to know how to sew and measure garments. Pay is poor but okay for an entry job. Pay determined on sewing background.

Decent place

No real gripes about this place. Treated fairly well. Pay is good for the positions. Management is competent. You can definitely do worse. I'd recommend friends or family.

Room for advancement

There are many career opportunities at Cintas. It will vary from person to person my experience was good. Metrics are used and managers will consistently make sure you're meeting quota. You have to stay at it and be determined there are days it can be challenging or seem overwhelming.

It was an ok job

I worked for the summer and it was a good job for what it was. The job was very monotonous and the factory was very hot in the summer despite the offices and breakroom having AC. They seem to actually care about their employees though, so that was nice, and coworkers were all close with each other.

Pros

breaks every two hours

Cons

Long hours and monotonous work

Great Place to work however hard to grow

This is a great enviroment to work, all partners are friendly and helpful with questions needing answered, advancement however seems limited to who you know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Cintas
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?