Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 21,173 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,174 reviews

Wonderful co-workers with a great environment

Great opportunity's for advancement, only complaint is there were no benefits

Very productive

You will be very hands on. You work like any other employee and have managerial duties. The day goes by fast. It’s very busy and fast. Lots of young adults as you could imagine. Good to put on a resume. Hard work! Loved it. No Sundays!

Unfair favoritism, manipulation, judgment of self worth outside job hours.

Favoritism is an all time high at cfa Glastonbury, as the months go on people are placed in advancement due not to their abilities but due to the favoritism. Cfa has core values that are very well portrayed at many cfa locations but all the fair people have left cfa glastonbury and the more who leave the more the negativity of the remaining people grows and is more prominent. Cfa Glastonbury say they care for their employees but cfa core values say we must not only respect the guests but each other and that is not the case at least anymore at this cfa location. Labor is a very big problem at this location and so is the care for its team members. Cfa Glastonbury workers put in a lot of hard work, more hard work then any ordinary fast food chain, the pay is not enough to be putting in not only physical work but allowing certain guests and leaders to disrespect the employees. To work for a fast food chain is one thing, but to not allow your employees to speak up about anything that is bothering them or making them feel unwelcome in their own workspace without being threatened with a write up is not worth the effort to put into someone else’s dream. The start at this job was amazing, the work put in did pay off and the team members we had around were positive and welcoming, those team members have now left due to the fact that they were of higher position and they see all that is said behind closed doors about each and everyone of those team mates. A few months ago I highly encouraged this job for younger teens, but when your welcome is over stayed and bad team leads take over that -

Fun environment and great staff!

Great place to work and fun environment to be around. I enjoy hanging out with the staff and learning more about the history of Chick-fil-A through pathways!

Fast-paced work environment with heavy customer service.

Overall, a genuinely nice place to work. The only issue is that it is an extremely popular fast-food place and you will be run off your feet trying to take care of everyone. Pay is good, free food, friendly coworkers.

Pros

Free food when you work.

Cons

Busy.

Amazing Culture

Chick-fil-A has been a fun, fast paced environment. They care about their team members and guests. I love the people that I get to work with. The leaders really seek to include the thoughts and ideas of all team members.

Great first job

Chick fil a was one of the best jobs I’ve had. The work is tough but the people around you make it so much worth it! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good environment to grow in. The pay sometimes isn’t the greatest (depending on locations)

Productive and adaptable enviroment

Driving is my favorite part of my job doing deliveries learning new streets is always fun. If not doing deliveries there is always something to like restocking.

Fun place to work, but questionable management

The work atmosphere can be a fun time and you can make decent money here depending on how long you stay and if you move up in leadership. However, the management in my time has changed and it has changed for the worse. The people in charge unfortunately should not be and don’t demonstrate being an asset to the team. It’s bad news when the higher ups are some of the worst when it comes to a position. And in terms of management, they are sub par and don’t actually do what they say they will and think about themselves first.

Pros

Free meal, fun atmosphere, paid breaks

Cons

Poor management, poor staffing, short breaks

good for growth but hard

every position job, if you’re not ready to wash dishes do register do deliveries clean the store clean the toilet and pick up after customers, this isn’t the job for you. sometimes it’s exhausting but a great place to learn new skills and a good first job. met lots of amazing people.

Organized and well run

Working for Chick-fil-A teaches you a lot of customer service skills and shows how you can serve efficiently through the busyness. Only thing is that the pay for teens is low for the amount of work they do. Other than that it’s a blessed business.

fun fast paced with low pay

your always doing something. good for gaining communication skills but not very much pay. you can move up easy if you work hard, then when you move up its easier.

All about profit and numbers.

Every day is all about how to maximize profit. It's a business and understandable- Only that's all it's ever about. You will be a good worker if you're a friend of upper management. Promotion process is all about who said the wrong thing to the GM on that one day when they didn't get enough sleep. They will milk you for all you're worth and expect you to drop your life or run into oncoming traffic and cut your hours if your life doesn't revolve around them. McDonald's in a mask.

It was okay

I was paid fairly, but I did not have any greater sense of fulfillment. The managers don't look out for you and they seemed extremely unorganized. I disliked the management style of a few of them- "do as I say not as I do" types. A few of them were nice.

Pros

pay

Cons

management

Ok experience

It wasn't terrible. The people were easy to work with/get along with. Relatively easy job. Pay was mediocre (considering the cost of living). I asked for more hours and management pretended like they were willing to give it to me, then 2 months went by and they didn't do it (despite me bringing it up multiple times). I didn't take it personal, I just found another job and left.

Good money, but don’t care about employees

Started off loving the job, but eventually I realized that they only care about their guests, how much money they make and service times. They’ll make their employees lives horrible just to make a statistic look better.

Awesome place to learn new skills

I’ve worked before ChickFil-A for nearly 5 years (on & off). Became a shift supervisor within 6 months. Loved my employees and store manager. Great place to work if you’re under good management team.

Fun at first

The management is all super nice, amazing nice co workers. Easy to get raises and promotions however recently hours have been cut and many are upset and leaving.

Overworked and underpaid

Don’t work here. The one free sandwich is the only reason I made it through the day. Managers are overworked as well. Overall miserable job to work full time

Fun place

Great values and overall great experience. Everyone is still is willing to lend a hand in the training process. Ability to grow and find the right position.

It was 'meh'

It was my first job so I didn't expect much. Was there for a year, started at $7.25 and ended at $8.50. Management at my specific establishment really turned me off from it. Co-workers were generally good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Chick-fil-A
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?