BreadTalk

BreadTalk Employee Reviews

Philippines38 reviews

Friendly Staff

I enjoyed work in the company. I learned in the hard working , rules. everyday you learned new things in the work. Learn hard work and other things. every work you making new friends. always help co-worker in the working place.

toxic environment

Good place to start learning baking if it is your passion but overtime you'll eventually realize that the whole company is toxic starting from its employees to management.

Avoid at all cost!

What i learned about being cashier in breadtalk was a lot, and I'm really thankful that i learned something about being cashier for quite some time.The management needs a lot of improvement, from the top management up to the lower. Management needs to know that the stores are shorts in staffs and needs to hires new employees so that the current employees will not shoulder all the hardworks. Doing all around jobs is not that easy compared to the salary that we've been receiving.Negative workplace culture, since they will assign you from one place to another, there will be no bond between each employees because the manager will not let you by transferring the employees in other store.The hardest part of the job was not dealing with a "karen" customers, i think that it is the company itself, they will charge you for the floss that is not sold, transferring you into different stores, and many more.The most enjoyable part of the job? sorry but there is none. working with breadtalk was not easy, there will be no ups, there is no happiness and we're all struggling on how to survive daily, i just want the top management to know that you should hire more employees and fix the matters. you knew these things all along and yet you're denial about it.

Pros

1 piece of bread.

Cons

Point of sales machine do not have VOID So any incorrect inputs are final, 12-hr work, Anti-employee terms and conditions in their employment contract, Selected items not sold will be charged to the employees, Fixed 30 days salary

Productive but Stressful Workplace

You will not grow on your training (or maybe the people around you won't let your knowledge grow). What did I learn? I've learned to clean and sweep the floor (as far as I know I applied for baker position not a steward position). The management itself is okay. I think the hardest part of the job is when you learn nothing. As I have a background in culinary, I had a little knowledge of this and that. During the training period, I expected that the training would extend my knowledge in baking and that didn't happened. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they let you do the real work not the janitorial work. I hope the management will fix this issue inside the kitchen. In addition to that, they will not let you know what you need to improve. They didn't know what open communication is (inside the kitchen). And lastly, the salary is too unfair for the job that you will going to do!

Pros

They didn't have any pros. Sorry

Cons

They have too many cons and it's too many to mention

Poor management and Low salary

at first it was okay they have good performance incentive but lately the management began to change, they just care about the store sales and neglect the employees working for them.

Pros

no toxic co-workers

Cons

upper management doesn't know how to treat their workers fairly

Unprofessional management

Employees at the main office are mean to new hires, this is the first time Ive experience unprofessional management, they told us new hires to attend basic training up until 4pm but the training finished at 7pm.Training supposed to start at 10am but it started on 4pm. Uneducated and rude co-workers, if u want to exp career growth, this is not the company for you

Zero Star! Poor Management!

Not an ideal workplace esp when you are skilled and passionate worker! So many unpaid salaries. Management don't care for employees. Production head is no good. Stressful management!

No good. Bulok ang sistema.

Unaccomodating. When you a have an appointment at their office, you have to wait almost an hour or more before they entertain you. Even through call or text, they don't even give a response immediately. Poor management. Some of the head supervisor were so mean to their employees. Unpaid salaries like overtime pay.

Customer sevice assistant

As a customer service assistant job was satisfying the need of customer which we endorse our product thats was our bread that freshly bake and taste ao delicious everday aside from im doing multi task while entertaining the customer im also a caahier ,displaying the breads in the island bar and doing a bartender or making a coffee drink for the customer.

Learn from basic and understand what is your job

Being a baker in breadtalk is more exciting. I was so happy to learn about the breads and to make it using our hands. I learn the basics and It's more challenge we encounter every new varieties we launch. Breadtalk is the one can give u more opportunity especially for the first timer in hotel industry in kitchen world.

this is a job for a person with very high dedication and patience

unpaid overtime force over time. lack of man power upon the high expectation will assign you far places sometime for a punishment always changing and unsure standards, that will result to bad employee review or other department heads

An exciting place to learn from for a person with a passion to learn baking.

It gave me a lot of knowledge about operations of a bakery, from marketing strategies to handling personnel. I also learned how bread is made and I enjoyed working with the whole staff. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who become unreasonable with their demands and still maintain a smiling face. Since the store is in a mall, we close when the mall closes which is 9pm everyday and with the inventory that needs to be done, our team goes home at 11pm. Except for the bakers who come in early in the morning, so they all go home before 5pm.

Housekeeping on my hardworking

I want to staying in my work but not. Because it's issues. I am good work and focus to my hardworking and I always helping for my team because my responsibilities is best do it.

Pros

My own baon

Cons

10hours

Challenging work place

Everyday new challenges. Everyday you will learn new ideas. Exploration is the key. Everything, you will learn by yourself. Just be open to new ideas that they will teach you.

Offers more networks Widens professional horizons Good working environment Pressure-induced Uncooperative workmates Exhausting workloads Fulfilliing job

They do not have enough employees during shift. Low Salary.

My work location is too far from home. I have to travel like 2-3 hrs just to get there. It's a fun place to work with but too stressful sometimes. They don;t have enough employees every shift that I have to work for 16hrs a day. Low salary and don't have benefits.

Pros

discounted breads

Cons

long hours to work

enjoy to do task and go with the flow

i like to do a job under a hiqh pressure willinq to finish my task and also a good costumer service can work without a team a,solo worker but yes its my big pleasure to be a part of the company

Pros

free meals

Cons

overtym

poor management

poor management, straight duty, not satisfied in the salaries. I have learned new bread products.they didnt give us a opportunity to improve our leadership skills.

Pros

free breads

Good enough

Working in Breadtalk is my first experience so it will not easy to forget this job at first im enjoying working on it but when time goes on i felt that my job is getting harder and harder especially my schedule

Pros

Free Bread everyday

Cons

Long hours of work

Really hard to deal with the bosses.

Lack of benefits and perks. No wok-life balance. No overtime pay. No HMO. Really hard to deal with the bosses. 5 VL 5 SL only. You'll just enjoy working because of your officemates.

N/a

Actually is a really hard to travel everyday going to work but if you have a passion the effort that you did its a achievement. I've learned a lot of thing, unfortunately i dont have any idea or experience about being a baker but when you started to do your job it feels excitement, Happiness, Enjoyment, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BreadTalk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits