Behr

Behr Employee Reviews

Supportive Managers, Room for Growth

Since I was on boarded to BEHR, it didn’t take long to realize and feel the sense of “brotherhood” amongst everyone. Management is very supportive and will go up to bat for you if you need something, if you are a good employee of course. Only downside, and upside in a sense, is the attachment to Home Depot. The partnership can be the biggest blessing and curse, all at once. Nonetheless, very happy to be a part of the BEHR team.

Pros

Culture, Growth, Good Management

Cons

Home Depot

culture is changing. Every body you know is quiting the job because too much requirements of trying to be the best.But they are losing the vision of the core business.

Poor management, very stressful work place, low pay, forced to work 6 days a week.

This job is a very stressful place to work with very very bad management and low pay in this economy. They think $17 an hour is great pay! I would love to see upper management taking care of their families making $17 an hour in this economy with gas prices and everything else on the rise besides your pay. This company is up there with the worst management I’ve ever had to deal with at any previous jobs. You are just a number to them! All they care about is your numbers and how much weight you pull. You are expected to pull 53,000 pounds EVERY SINGLE DAY! No excuses for not hitting your weight. You have to skip your breaks just to get close to hitting these numbers. You have to wait 30 minutes to an hour sometimes on down stocks or getting deletions when the product isn’t there and this really affects your production but they still expect you to hit your weight when things are out of your control. If you don’t hit your weight you will be threatened to be written up or fired. No job security whatsoever. Management just sits in the a.c office all day starring at a computer screen while we’re working in a 100+ degree warehouse for 10+ hours a day. You will be forced to work mandatory overtime and forced to work 6 days a week. They will lie to you in the interview just to get you hired on.. I was hired for 4th shift… there’s not even a 4th shift and I didn’t find this out until I showed up on my first day for orientation. I was told I would be working 4 (10 hour days) which is the only reason I took the job… now I’m being forced to work 6 days a week, 10 hour days. No free time and -

Pros

I can’t think of any unfortunately…

Cons

Poor management, stressful work environment, low pay, mandatory 6 days a week, the list goes on…

Slow, lacks growth, poor management

Not a lot of growth or direction. Days start to feel monotonous, I no longer felt like I was growing in my career. Operations management was difficult to work with. Departments did not cooperate well with each other and upper management increased the disparity. Work life balance was good and the role was very easy but I felt like I was going nowhere and wasted a couple years of my early career.

Pros

Work life balance, Easy work

Cons

Poor operations management, slow growth, boring

Hard work for little pay

Hard work a lot of micromanagement and there was a lot of minatory overtime so you couldn't really plan much, didn't pay much when I was there..........

Pros

Coworkers

June 6, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review. Your feedback will be delivered to our leadership team and used to help us find solutions and improve overall as an organization. We thank you for the time you spent with us and wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

Worst paint company

Behr was a good place to work bc we weren't trying to be like the big companies like SW and that's what made us unique. Now they are trying to do everything like the big guys.

June 6, 2022
As an organization, we aspire to live our motto: “do the right thing.” All our crucial decisions are evaluated equally among our customers, team members, and business partners to help ensure we do the right thing. While we understand that change is difficult at times, there will be situations where growing pains are a part of us becoming a stronger organization that allows us to evolve within our industry. We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the next chapter of your career.

Tough and stressful work enviorment

Be prepared to work 10 hours a day six days a week. Must be proficient and comfortable working with big, dangerous machinery. If you're a puller you'd be tasked with lifting, stacking and hauling thousands of pounds of paint at an ever increasing rate. Your finger tips will be torn apart (literally and figuratively).

May 2, 2022
Thank you for your review. We have been extremely fortunate that through these challenging times we have continued to have high demand for our products. Regrettably, we have also faced many of the staffing challenges that most organizations are feeling during this time. We are incredibly thankful our team members have stepped up during these challenging times and are working diligently to alleviate these concerns. We are sorry that this didn't work out for you and wish you the best in your career.

If you hate your family, this is for you.

Promised 40 hour weeks when signed up but it's actually 60 hour weeks with one day off. Was like this for 3 years with only a handful of days which were "normal" days. Not a good job if you have real life obligations and a job that cuts into that time non-stop.

April 4, 2022
We appreciate your feedback on your time with us. During the pandemic, we have had high demand for our products and challenges in filling open positions. This has required our operational team members to help with this increased load. We are sorry that this didn't work out for you and wish you the best in your career.

Horrible place to work

Awful place to work. Rude demeaning management, low pay. They fire constantly. You won't believe how much they expect for a low wage. Avoid this company.

March 23, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with us. We strive to offer a great overall compensation package that includes competitive pay, health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, quarterly bonus plan, and profit sharing. We have forwarded your review to our leaders in Operations, and they will connect with managers to ensure they're upholding our companies values. We wish you well in your career.

Good first job

Pay sucks but is a good learning experience. No incentive once you meet sales budget. Management wants you to succeed but moving up usually means moving to another state.

March 23, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to review us. It appears you have pros and cons. We love to hear that it is a great learning experience, but are saddened to hear about your dissatisfaction with the pay. We aim to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive pay, health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, quarterly bonus plan, and profit sharing. As an organization, we continuously review pay to ensure it is on par with the market and will consider your comments next time pay is evaluated.

A great family feel

My time at behr was one of my favorite times. I had some health issues that prevented me from staying past my contracted time but I kived my supervisor and the culture of the company. There was alot of hard work involved but we were constantly rewarded in ways like time off the phones for ice cream socials and potlucks. I was thankful for the experience despite not being in the best health.

Pros

Free lunches and lots of hands on training

Cons

For some people being on the phones all day could be a bit devastating

March 23, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our company culture and that your manager found time for the team building activities you described. We wish you good health and good luck on your future endeavors.

Dont believe what they write on the hiring attachment

worst place to work,Dont apply. Management is rude,worst,lie,push you out. No good pay, they lie on their ads.youll be Stressful and angry.8years2late

March 23, 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with us. We have forwarded your review to our leaders in Operations, and they will connect with their managers to ensure they're being held accountable to uphold our companies values. We wish you well in your career.

Not. Far places to work

Only looks out for family and no one else. Don’t work here. The pay isn’t good and the hours are very long you will have to work weekends but they say you don’t

March 16, 2022
The Behr Paint Company does not have a manufacturing location in Ohio.

This is a horrible place to work. The morale is low and the motivation is fear.

This is the worst place ive ever worked. Everyone has a horrible attitude. The management is the worst. It begins soon as you walk into HR. They treat you like youre nothing.

March 16, 2022
The Behr Paint Company does not have a manufacturing location in Ohio.

N/a

Great and caring place to work for, they really take care of their employees. You can always talk to management if you have any issues and they will try their best to help you.

Was Great, Lost Their Culture, Small Company now Corporate Mess.

Was a great small company, now it’s all about metrics and checking boxes. They care less now about their sales team, no raises, no costs of living adjustments, Salesforce focus instead of taking care of our Core Business. Culture used to be fantastic, now it’s do 3 jobs poorly instead of one really well. They want you to drive sales but they also want you to be a grunt that does major resets and other filthy work in a Home Depot. All while trying to present yourself as a professional sales person. Capped pay, no cost of living adjustments, even as inflation rages upward. No team energy or unity, as almost all team members are unhappy as well. The sales team always gets told we are the “secret sauce”, you certainly won’t feel like it.

Pros

Eto

Cons

Capped pay, Culture, No home office time/work in vehicle, No expenses, Low vehicle reimbursement, Salesforce, Budgets

Toxic place to work

Very toxic place to work, they do not care about their employees , lack of Communication, does not pay good , No security such as cameras in their parking lot

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Nasty and toxic people

January 13, 2022
We appreciate your feedback and we are very disappointed to hear of your experience while working with us. We strive to be competitive in pay and have implemented a new compensation program for our Operations team members. We aim to offer a fair, safe, and harassment-free work environment. Your feedback will be shared with leadership and used to help guide us on our continuous improvement journey.

Buen ambiente laboral

Es una excelente empresa que te permite crecer muy buena opcion para trabajar

Pros

Utilidades, aguinaldo, caja de ahorro seguro

Cons

Es una empresa que trabaja bajo presion por el ejecutivo de zona de repente muy estresante

Corporate company run like a mom and pop shop

Machines run until failure management doesn't know their job or their employees job. Greedy company that won't pay their employees for the work they expect.

Pros

Discounts on paint

Cons

work life family life ratio, Low pay

Fun place to work. 20% of the staff do 80% of the work.

For most roles, it is relaxed and not demanding. If you are serious about progressing, you WILL work more than 40 hrs a week, and still get less than average pay. Behr promotes the culture of hiding salary likely because they know they underpay their employees.

Pros

Good coworkers, 9/80 corporate schedule option

Cons

Little/no breaks, underpay employees

December 1, 2021
Thank you for providing feedback. We strive to offer comprehensive compensation packages for our team members that includes health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, quarterly bonus plan, and profit sharing plan. We will continue to review our compensation packages on a regular basis so that we stay current and competitive in the marketplace.

One of the best companies I ever worked for. The people were great. The company is growing innovatively. However way too many meetings for managers on off shifts.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behr. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits