Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,965 reviews

Stressful place to work if your full time

Because of the decline in retail, hours are being cut, staff is being cut. For those that are there, work is doubled. You only get a raise once a year, and its like 20 cents. I would recommend it as a part time, but not a good fit for anyone that wants to advance in the company, its almost impossible.

Great people to work with

No training program for the assistant managers. You are handed infomational paper and vidoes as your training process. The employees do extend themselves and help as much as possible to train and give you direction.n

Simple but stressful when busy

Being a cashier was really easy unless you were working during holidays or on weekends when it was super busy. Solid job, but work the night shift on weekends if possible because it was roughhhhh

Hands on is an understatement... You manage yourself and maybe 3 other people tp get task done for a whole store

If you like retail and love being hands-on and having little help with project then you'll love it here. Zero admin work just provide customer service and non stop filling and working.

Pros

Days go fast

Cons

Overwhelming at times

Pros:Flexible schedule & decent payClose to home with an easy commuteEarly morning shiftsCan work independently without being micromanagedCons:Impossible to find or keep help in current work environment

Pros

close to home

Cons

High stress, LOW morale! Not informed, so many rumors! Not full time; dismissed early most days! Managers are not helpful!

I used to enjoy working here, but now too much stress. Nobody knows what is going on and we are not given any answers. Low morale. NO TEAM WORK! No help from management. Can't trust anyone! Not full time, unless you are "special."

Was my first job

It was my first job can’t complain not much I can really say other than if you can’t deal with customers asking questions all day don’t work here not worth the stress

medicore at best

Zero room for advancement or pay increase.Managers not interested in employees feedback.You are pushed to sell products on the floor without making any commission.

Good environment poor oay

Good environment but poor pay. The managers are usually inexperienced which make it hard to learn from them. The hours are very shortened and depending on what days you work weekends are a no.

Flexible scheduing

Typical retail job. When people would call out, you are expected to pick up the slack. Wanted you to do more for less.Management could do a better job of training and preparing associates to deal with customers.

Flexible

Overall I enjoyed working there, but there were a couple of days were it got rough. You just have to be open minded and just expect hard customers some days.

Friendly environment

Awesome place to work when you are a part of the bed bath and beyond family. All co-workers make you feel at home, the job is easy to learn with a positive attitude, and you gain so many skills such as customer service, problem solving, and money management.

Very slow paced, but fun place to work if you have the right people.

Company is pretty good, but it is very slow paced. When the pace picks up, it’s only when we have 3 people on the floor, and the 3rd person is the manager who doesn’t want to be there. They try and give you busy work but there’s nothing to really be done. It’s fun if you have good coworkers and managers. Other than that, it builds up your mental by getting screamed at by customers all day.

Pros

Discount is okay. Same as everyone else’s discount.

Cons

Mentally draining, pay is not worth it, bad managers

Terrible place

Terrible place. The managers do nothing to help you. Unreal expectations. Nothing is ever good enough with any of them especially the store manager. Place is terrible. DONT WORK HERE

Pros

Cons

Unreal expectations, time limited tasks, threats about job

Never a dull moment

Honestly, I love my job at Bed Bath & Beyond. There are opportunities to advance, and everyone is careful to make the workplace environment comfortable and fun. There will be times that may be challenging, but in my experience, all my associates work hard to help one another. Overall, with good management and teamwork, it has been enjoyable.

okay .

i only worked there for about 3-4 months but they pushed you above & beyond to get people to sign up for emails & if you didn’t , you had to have a talk with the manager about possibly moving to a different department but you can’t force anyone & the pay was bad . i only got a good amount of hours when i first first started but after i got settled in , it was pretty much nonexistent from there on & the store was constantly boring .. we barely had customers come in which would explain the 4-5 hour shifts . waste of time honestly .

Often confusing environment

I worked at a smaller store in NJ a few years ago and it used to be a pretty decent place to work. I had a rare really good boss who was very calm and friendly with everyone, who was pretty efficient. He called the cops for me when I got assaulted by a customer and let me take on a new position when the former person quit. I met some of my best friends there that I still talk to. While training was not something anyone was given, everyone was very patient with each other in the trial by fire era of your time in the beginning.That said, everyone is expected to cover for everyone, I was frequently asked to come in on my only day off, asked to work overtime without compensation by the company, the people in charge breathe on the manager's necks if anyone gets overtime, but everyone is demanded to work extra hours, and multiple managers have different ways of doing certain tasks, and if you don't do the task the way each individual manager wants them done then you get in trouble. The pay is also not great.

Great Work Environment, Terrible Hours

The work isn't too difficult, except dealing with difficult customers (but isn't that always the case?). Coworkers are great to work with. Mangers are so so, but with the recent decline in hours, I don't suggest you work here if you want part time hours and still have money. The work and the hours do not work out in your favor.

Needs a new focus

Was a great place to work. They need to focus on their brands and copy what best buy did with tech. Selling generic brands only works if you already have a large amount of people coming in. Give the managers more flexibility to drive sales

Good place to work at

flexible hours, the managers are really helpful and you learn how to do a lot there. fellow workers are really nice and will help you if you need. you can work out time off and scheduling in their system.

See new people every day

Can be stressful but never boring. As always have to deal with entitled people since a retail job. Each day was always different based on customer interactions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits