Avon Employee Reviews for Independent Representative

Salary / Benefits
You work at your own pace and determine how successful your business will become. A great company to work for if you love makeup, cosmetics, perfume, etc.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Commission not the best
Salary / Benefits
Work-life balanceGiving personal attentionPay & benefitsNoneJob security and advancementLot of marketingOverallYou meet a lot of people in this business. Advertising through social media , by mail or while meeting people in events. Talking about how products will help in day to day life.
Salary / Benefits
The commission/sales earnings percentages are extremely low; It is actually harder to find your own customers than you may think it is. Their prices on products are getting ridiculous.
Salary / Benefits
Loved that I could set my own hours and got a free website. It just wasn't working for me like I had hoped. Most of the time I didn't have any customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No customers
Salary / Benefits
Just in the last 5 to 8 years, with rebranding, so many changes so fast. Not feeling like the representative makes out as well as the used to. I do like the fact they have a 401a.
Pros
Flexable, inexpensive to start, can work wherever, web site included in start up fee
Cons
You need to work really to make money, they have put to much emphasis on recruiting than sales
Salary / Benefits
My team leader cares for my success and gives me updated info all the time no matter her busy schedule. Having good customer service skills help to keep your sales consistent.
Salary / Benefits
I had experience for 28 years with Avon, Great to meets the customer, friends, give the Avon cataguloues , samples, order Items and delivery. I am glad They love it
Salary / Benefits
Working at Avon depends on how much money you want. There are great offers every week and its left to you to take advantage of what its offered. The company assist you in any way they can.
Salary / Benefits
Made a lot of changes this year with commissions and made it hard to make sales and keep customers. Went up on prices as well. I love the company but harder to work for now
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Prices and commissions unfair
Salary / Benefits
Yes, I love AVON products and I have been using them since 2003 and selling since 2010 and I went up to presidents club twice, but when I had an accident and had a surgery, they put me down like a new seller. we don't earn much money and the business products for us are very expensive so what you earned could be used in samples and books. very sad
Salary / Benefits
For beginners, not a lot of money comes it. This job is like a second job or a side job. However you do get great benefits and work up to receive rewards.
Pros
You get first insight on what new in Avon
Cons
You don’t have costumers shopping all the time
Salary / Benefits
I've been selling Avon for 26 years and I give excellent customer service in a professional way and on the phone. Avon has good products but I'm looking at leadership opportunities for more pay.
Salary / Benefits
You make your own hours and work flow with Avon. You can meet a lot of great new people on your own terms so you can feel comfortable about who you do business with. It's fun getting the orders together once your package comes to pass out to your customers.
Salary / Benefits
Unlimited earning potential . Potentially you earn as much as you would like . You are a self employed independent sales rep . You choose how much time you are willing to work .
Salary / Benefits
This job is great for stay at home moms. I started working here in the year 2011. In order to be successful in this job, you need to be out there prospecting for new customers to build your business and earn more.
Salary / Benefits
With Avon you are working for yourself, not by yourself. You decide how much you want to earn by how much you put into it. You are the BOSS There are always trip incentives and other discount programs and private medical you can apply to
Salary / Benefits
I really like working for Avon. The products are fabulous and they support independence for women and others. They are very concerned about Breast Cancer and it's very easy to achieve your goals. You get what you make of it and the managers are there to offer support in any way you need them.
Salary / Benefits
I've been with a run for 10 years and I really enjoy it. It is a fantastic company to work for. I like the products so much that my wife and I buy many of them. We also have a large, diverse client base, and that helps sustain the business.
Salary / Benefits
Was throwing different events and party’s for my customers and letting them try products. You could also throw online party’s and do giveaways to your top customers
Salary / Benefits
Very Relaxed. I was working from home. I enjoy been able to get out and meet new people. I enjoy spending time with the people I meet and the time. I usually sell Online. I plan My Host a Party at My Home. People are Friendly. They Interested and Like Avon Products Sales. To Start to sell Avon Products was slow but I never give up anything I want to receive. I learned about the Products which People would Prefer or Ignore
Salary / Benefits
Typically, I check my email first thing in the morning to see if there are any customer orders to be submitted. Then I make calls to any clients I have deliveries for and arrange to deliver or I leave a message so they can call me at their earliest convenience. My least favorite part of the job is trying to get ahold of customers to arrange delivery of their orders. A lot of them have the belief that if they're not in a hurry for it, it can wait so they won't call back. They don't realize that when I submit their order to Avon Canada, I am expected to pay the bill a week later. That means if I don't collect from the customer, the payment comes out of my pocket until they decide to call me back. That isn't always easy to do. I love that I can start my day when I am ready or delay it and even take a day off now and then if I have an appointment and it doesn't affect anyone but me. I work around my daily life
  1. Independent Representative