Averitt

Averitt Employee Reviews

Pays decent but it wasn't what I thought

Pays pretty good but I was a class A dock worker overnight and it sucked really, the other dock workers were mostly a holes and the management were a holes too and acted like they didn't want you to move out of the position you are in

September 26, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Comments like these enable us to build stronger associate experiences in the future, so we thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out if there is anything we could do to improve your experience.

Fun workplace great coworkers and management

Great group of coworkers. Good schedule and pay.good management.would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a driving career.i have not really experienced any bad as of yet

September 28, 2022
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We’re so glad you’re part of the Averitt Express team and hope you continue to have a great experience!

Hands down best employer I've had

My presence and input is valued. Management is more than willing to work with you on any scheduling issues as relates to familial obligations. While every job has a few bad apples, the majority of Management and associates work well together towards the goal of seeing our company grow.

September 28, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so glad to have you on the Averitt Express team!

Great and rewarding enviorment

I've worked at Averitt Express for a little over a year now. I started out as a temp and became full time after a couple of months. I really enjoy recuriting and my management team. Overall, the company treats you like a family and very understanding. They have room for growth and work with you when things come up. I would highly recommend applying. They have really good great benefits. Even the owner of the company calls you after you come onboard and see how the process was and asks for your feedback.

Pros

Benefits, opportunities

Cons

I personally can't say there is any

September 28, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are grateful to have you on the team!

Good home time

Good employer. Followed through on home time promise. I would recommend to anyone who wouldn’t mind working away from home. Pay and benefits are comeasurate with industry

September 13, 2022
Thanks so much for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Treat everybody like they just started driving.

Only get paid for miles driven, that’s all!!!No pay for fueling truckNo pay for drop or hook45 minutes wait time at every stop, then delay starts, however sometimes delay time gets lost, you have to check your paycheck very close every week…Trucks are weak and slow, not much maintaince, lots of break downs…Work somewhere else!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Only get paid when wheels are moving, nothing else

September 9, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to be the best we can be for our associates, so we regret that we didn’t meet that expectation. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at feedback@averittexpress.com or 1-800-233-9944.

Management is terrible

The workers know more than Management does. Very minimal training or advisement. A lot of juggling in who does what. No direction by Management. The co-workers are not all team players.

September 9, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Reviews like yours are essential to building better experiences for our associates in the future, and we take comments like these to heart when looking for ways to improve our company and culture.

Solid company

Decent miles, minimum 1250 pay per week, usually home for a 48+ hour break 90% of the time you can park at a terminal. Company cares, good benefits profit sharing. Maintenance shops in most of the terminals.

September 6, 2022
Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Great pay. That’s it

It was a job. It had its good days and bad days. Upper Management is all politics. The job itself is easy and the pay is good. Benefits are ok at best. Terminal manager dosent let people move around because he dosent want to fill the vacancy. Would rather keep people in place and hire from the outside which is sad. No opportunity for advancement. Absolutely no work life balance! Working on the Dock in the heat will kill you in the summers. Don’t ever see myself going back. I would only recommend working here if you absolutely need the money.

September 6, 2022

Regional driving for Averrit equals bad pay and poor benefits

I did not make nearly enough money nor did I have nearly enough benefits to stay at Averrit for more than 6 months. Not enough skin in the game! Paid by the mile and sent to ATL ALL the time SMH.

Pros

Looks good on an application that I worked there

Cons

Working at Averrit

August 26, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our associates, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please reach out to feedback@averittexpress.com if there is anything we could do to help.

Horrible

The management here is extremely incompetent. They called me to tell me not to come in as, I was already on my way. They called me 5 minutes later to tell me to come to work. Very unorganized organization.

Pros

Night time hours

Cons

Management is inexperienced!!

August 19, 2022

It’s a job

Seems as though they only promote those whose been here for years. Truckload regional is last considered for a spot locally, so it’s extremely likely you’ll never leave regional work. You’ll see outside carriers hauling the gravy loads, while you sit and barely make 1500 miles for the week. But hey, you’re home for 34hrs/

August 18, 2022

A paycheck

Good pay, no over time or long hours.. would sometimes make less then 40 hours a work week. New warehouse, but the warehouse has no lunch room!! You have to eat in your car.

August 17, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

Professional Driver

Great place to work..Averitt Express tries to accommodate your work balance. I would have stayed at Averitt if only I could get a local spot on the team, but none at the time was available.

August 15, 2022
Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Awesome

Good place to work! Good work environment dispatch is good and keep you busy good with time off and understanding when things come up here and there apply!

August 15, 2022
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Great benefits, horrible leadership

Great benefits if you’re willing to deal with favoritism and unprofessional management. Management will put things on you that aren’t your responsibility and never raise your pay.

August 10, 2022

Driver

I don't like the pay or the start time. It could be better if the start time was at 7 a.m instead of 12-2 a.m. The sight manager is understanding and cool.

August 5, 2022

productive and fun

The job is good. The office is nice. I'm enjoying it. There are a couple of things here and there that could be better but that's everywhere. My main complaint is that I wish the pay was better. I was asking for about $4 more than what they actually offered me, but I needed the job so I accepted. But it's not terrible. I just think they could pay a little more from the jump. Especially with all the programs and money they're pouring into the drivers.

August 5, 2022

Not to bad job, just poor management

Pay is decent for what it is, but management was just so poor I couldn’t stay, its almost like it is family operated so their is a inner circle and if you ain’t in it, good luck. Supervisor always complains and on your case about everything even if your right and done everything right.

July 27, 2022

Terrible place to work

This was by far one of the worst jobs I've ever had, they try to make it seem family oriented, when in a reality it's far from that, they never have your back through anything, and they practice fake "Saftey" I 1000% would not recommend this company to anyone, cause they will set you up to fail

July 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our associates is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at feedback@averittexpress.com or call our Associate Open Line at 1-800-233-9944.

Great place

I love working at Averitt, would highly recommend anyone considering doing LTL work to give Averitt a try. For me they were a great company to work for I would consider them one of the best companies to work for in the Trucking industry.

July 15, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Averitt
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?