Author Solutions

Author Solutions Employee Reviews

Philippines43 reviews

High paying job for sales experts

High paying job for sales experts. If you have passion for sales this company is perfect for you. But you need to be consistently hitting your metrics

Pros

Great commisions

Everything is fine except the management and the environment.

More than a hundred outbound calls needed to be accomplished daily. It's a very fast paced kind of job which I find no problem except the people around. The hardest part of the job was making hundreds of calls overnight but could not get in touch with any authors. It was frustrating but it's the life there. I got used to it afterwards and eventually

Ive been a sales agent for almost 9 years already. I loved making sales, I can say sellong is my passion. I want to be the best in what Im doing. Lastly if you are in sales you can earn a lot of money and I love making money

very good

competitive sales environment. HMO on first day of work. though they have really difficult interview process, its all worth it when you get hired. highly recommended.

Good

Good company Good ambiance Management is okay Salary is okay Colleagues were the best Benefits are okay Work is a bit stressful but it was okay Strict when it comes to breaktime

No employee retention programs

The company is not taking care of employees especially the ones who have stayed longer. The management does not uphold employees welfare. Only good at hiring people but not in retention program.

Great place to learn and master skills related to publishing

Author Solutions Philippines Inc. is a great place to learn and master skills related to publishing but once you have mastered it, other companies will surely pay you more.

Cover Book Designer and Layout

Purely production and Quota based. Produce cover artwork and layout that is appropriate and appealing to children of various ages. Collaborate with authors to create imagery from their narrative and stimulate the imaginations of children by producing colourful and creative imagery. Must capture certain elements which appeal to children, such as bright colours and diverse imagery.

Compensation is good but too much work pressure

Compensation is good but too much work pressure. People come and go in this industry. Good salary and bonuses but the work life is very heavy. I didn't see it as a long-term career.

Pros

Good base pay

Cons

Management is bad

Go for Sales

Every day we have targets not just individual but also for the team. Most of the time managers will always come to me and informed me with our pipes. I always deliver for my quota and for the team and help lower tiers to hit their targets. It's always a high sales day at work!

Pros

Free lunch and travel

Cons

Working at Authors company as an OJT student is such a good relevant to my field of studies. It owns me a lot of experience at work and made me better employee in the filed of industry.

Weekend Threat

If your team cannot meet the quota, you will be required to work on Saturdays. Numerous meetings in a day, taking time off actual work, and management complains that you are not working enough. It's an endless cycle of threatening to take your weekend off.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Numerous meetingd

Pressure-loving culture because of quotas and other KPIs

Great valuable insights and remarkable sales experience for the past 4 1/2 years. It's a cut-throat business for sales representative as reps are easily let go if they won't perform and meet the required 3 months of hitting their quotas and KPIs. Overall, it's a great place to earn money if you'd like to save money for business, to further your education, and to support your family.

Pros

Great Commission benefits

Cons

High stress job

Working with AuthorSolutions INC

Great company to work for. I work as a Marketing Consultant. I help authors to promote their books by reaching out to the right audience. Huge commissions and freebies

Pros

Free

Cons

overtime work on weekends is compulsory

Great pay commission in a fun work environment

Great pay commission in a fun work environment. Transportation is not a hassle as it is just within IT Park, Cebu. Management is good, too, with very friendly staff.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Dusty carpet

Author Solutions

They have an excellent training for a month with exams. This will hone you to become a better Sales person prior deploying and dealing with real client. They offer uncapped commissions - still based on your sales performance. Young professionals and excellent work place.

More on benefits if you put more to the company

Although the company boasts with the fact that you can work at your own pace, it becomes stressful. Based on experience, my managers are so pushy and were power trippers.

offers large commissions

This company would really teach you about patience and perseverance. This really helped me improve my sales skills. Workload is very manageable though management is not that approachable.

A very challenging environment with great compensation and benefits

A second late at work would mean a thousand of dollars you're going to lose. The authors I dealt with were very much keen about time. They wanted to assure themselves that they were trusting their book projects (which were often very personal already) to a company that values sense of urgency and accountability. As a result, I was able to hone my work ethics, even more. It helped me appreciate the idea of coming at least an hour earlier than my shift schedule. Things got easier as well with my colleagues and superiors around. It was good to be working with people who also valued their jobs as much as I did. The only hard part I can remember is the mere fact that I got to sacrifice some of my sleep since I worked for Western people and I had to change my body clock for that.

Pros

Free lunch during end of the month, unlimited commissions

Cons

Long hours, Graveyard shifts

Challenging

A big company here in Cebu City,Philippines. Its a fast paced publishing and call center company with morning and night shift work schedule. They offer very good benefits for their employees.

Pros

Team buildings and Group Training

Extremely Fun and Productive Company I've ever been with

There are three Departments that I was a part of in the Company. First is the Customer Support Department where I lasted for 2 years (2014 - 2016). We'd be taking phone calls to assist our customer's needs regarding the book that they are writing. Typical day would have a lot of calls coming not just from the Authors themselves, but also coming from the other departments that closely assists their own set of authors. With that, we on the Customer Support Department are well versed with how each Department in the whole company works. Then after 2 years of being on the CSR Department, I have decided to join the Sales Team. The first month was a very productive month for me because not only was I able to hit the quota needed, I have also learned a lot from other Sales Representative. That blossomed on the second month where I completed my quota in just 3 weeks. Sadly the department was absorbed by the Finance Department and that made me said goodbye to the Company. Management provides the best support. Be it a one on one training or the representative's growth. By far, this company's culture is my favorite among all my experience. The hardest part of the job is on how to appease our Authors who had a different opinion about how Self-Publishing works. We would have to make sure that they are totally aware of the ins, outs and even the dos and the donts. The most enjoyable part? The people, the culture and the different knowledge that you'd intake on each department.

Pros

Clubs!

Cons

Qouta

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Author Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Salary / Benefits