Athena

Athena Employee Reviews

Philippines67 reviews

I found the perfect job for me!

Featured Review

Athena selected this as a representative review
After years of looking for a job suitable for me and my needs, it was only in Athena that I found contentment and genuine excitement towards working. The management and support team extends a lending hand to whoever needs it - may it be a newbie or a tenured EA. I'm really thankful that I found the best job and company for me! Even if we're permanently working from home, you can feel that the management truly cares for you and your safety, especially in unprecedented times.

Pros

Pet support program, Hmo, amazing work culture!

Grateful to be part of this organization!

I am grateful for an organization that really knows how to take care of its people. It is a fairly new organization but it is very aggressive in terms of benefits, compensation etc.

I found my second home inside the comforts of my home

Permanent work from home, Work-Life Balance is legit, Great culture and management, High salary (Weekly payout) - WOW, HMO and Pet support.A great startup company

Pros

Cons

it is still a start up company but so far so good as of the moment

Overall experience with Athena is great!

The work environment is great. The management is great in terms of giving opportunities to their employees. We are encouraged to voice out our opinions regarding our work.The benefits are awesome as we have HMO, pet support, values our mental wellness and more!

Healthy workplace environment, great client-matching system, competitive generous pay

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Athena is its amazing work culture. The support system and community that they built is amazing. They (company execs and managers) also take their time to address the grievances of the employees every month and try to present a solution for it after. They even prioritize our mental health and are currently looking for an exec that could spearhead programs and projects to improve it and keep us from burning out. As for the pay, it’s competitive, and it comes in weekly. They recently had a pay increase to account for cost of living. Overall, Athena is the best place to be to get that work life balance, and the life of financial independence.

I believe that Athena is a great company.

I have always wanted to work at home. Because of the pandemic and considering that I'm a part of the high-risk population. I'm thankful that I found Athena. We're going to have our training soon. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Pros

salary, Hmo, pet assistance, and work from home set up.

No Job security

There are no regularization since we are just contractors only. Meaning to say, they can terminate you anytime and DOLE can't help you since they don't have an entity in the Philippines.

Pros

Salary

Cons

No Job security

Indepth Training & Career Growth

I actually failed the first time I applied in Athena. But I was very impressed when I got a glimpse of their playbooks. I told myself, I will join this company. So I reapplied after 2 months. I prevailed!The training was unconventional. It was a rollercoaster going thru it. But trust me, it was all worth it.

Pros

Company Support, Hmo, Increasing Pay Rate

Cons

Graveyard

Amazing company culture!

Athena is one of the best companies that not just offers a competitive salary but also promotes a healthy work and life balance. The whole Athena community is composed of well-rounded and fun to work with individuals.

A fun and meaningful role + a supportive Athena community

EA Role: It's fun because you learn something new every day, It is not a BPO job and it is not stressful but it requires excellent communication and proactiveness.Support: We have an EA coach who provides bi-weekly one-on-ones to help you with challenges and to listen to how you're doing with your client. The training team is also active in making sure we have the tools we need to be more efficient in what we do.Community: We also help each other and people are very approachable as long as you're also doing your part. There are weekly huddles with mini activities to get to know each other more and to have fun.

Pros

Culture, support, community, the role itself is super fun!

Cons

Rate is average

Fun, Supportive environment. Responsive management and very receptive to feedback.

Exam and interview were 10/10 difficult but worth it. Training was challenging but trainers were supportive. A culture where everyone is willing to help and brainstorm with you. Everyone is open to new learning regardless of tenure and position. The management takes your input into consideration and sends you updates on it what they're doing about it. Work is fulfilling and diverse.The company is not client-centered. They want you and the client to have work-life balance and advice you to delegate, postpone, or decline tasks beyond your bandwidth.

Pros

Great support and management, Weekly Salary is great and extra hours are paid.

Cons

Not for people who are not fans of MAC, or who are looking for a temporary gig, Tasks can be challenging

Amazing Community!

Starting from the hiring process to training and when you get to operations. Everything seems to be organized. Everyone is really supportive. Been working freelance and virtually for a few years now and I never had a support system similar to Athena!

I lucked out with my client in Athena and the workplace culture is as supportive as it can get

Just a heads up that I am somewhat a newbie here in Athena as I have started working last July 19 only. Client - I matched with a good client which is what mainly dictates how you perceive working in Athena once you get through all the initial processes. I'm thankful for the team I matched with since the tasks are clearly defined and you are provided the resources you need to accomplish tasks.Support Management - From my EA coach up to Finance and the weekly syncs and monthly meetings we have, I think there is a lot of avenues where we can share our feedback. As long as you let the right people know then they'll work with you to address whatever comes up as a blocker.Work-Life balance - Knowing that this is a permanently WFH setup gives me a clearer picture of how I can manage my time as well as future vacations without worrying too much about taking time-offs. The feel of the job is a far cry from taking in calls in the BPO industry (4yrs+) in that I'm not on a sleep-eat-work mode only, I actually have time for myself and work on stuff I enjoy.

Pros

Company provided laptop, on time weekly $$ earnings, good management

Cons

none for now

Best work so far where work life-balance is highly emphasized

This is the first company I've worked for so far where they make a huge effort to make sure that the employees are happy. From training until getting matched with a client, Athena makes sure that they hold your hand until they release you to a client. The bonuses are great too!

Pros

Payroll is always on time, Support is great across all channels and management is very responsive to queries, Bonuses are spot on and released in a timely manner

Cons

None so far, All you need is a positive attitude and a certain level of initiative and you'll be fine

Very organized and professional

The company is very organized when it comes to their system. Everyone that you meet is kind and very professional. From application process to onboarding (and along your whole journey), the management executes quality process and work.

The best!

After working in the BPO company for 3 years, I can say that I have no regrets leaving it to work for Athena. Not only have I found the perfect job and company for me, I also found great friends who I can share my laughter with!

Amazing Community

Athena has one of the best company cultures. Everyone is very supportive of each other, especially to the newbies. There is close collaboration and cooperation across teams, and we all rally behind a common goal, which is to bring more jobs to Filipinos.

Pros

Work from home, work-life balance

Athena - Best Place to Work (remotely - yes, 100!)

Being part of Athena is one of the highlights of my 2021. The company allowed me to work from home (yes, 100!). The salary is very competitive and offers health benefits. Athena also has paid training and has a very supportive community.

Pros

100% Remote, Competitive salary, Supportive community, Paid Training, Offers Health Benefits

Cons

Not Applicable

Athena sees raw potential

Great salary, supportive community, 100% remote EA work in the Philippines. I got hired even though I didn't have EA experience. They have paid high touch training as well! Government benefits are not yet covered but Athena is working around it.

Being an Athena EA

Given this pandemic, having a job and working at home has been a blessing! And working at Athena makes it even more amazing! Athena has been great every step of the way!

Pros

Wfh, Helpful support, Ample training

Cons

Graveyard shift, Limited working hours

Work-Life Balance

Working at Athena has really given me more time to spend with my family, my friends, and my fur babies! The Athena community is very responsive and very supportive.

Pros

Macbook, New friends

Cons

Time zone conflicts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athena. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits