Astoria Plaza Hotel

Astoria Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Philippines32 reviews

Productive and fun, especially working with your colleagues.

The experience is really great! I learned so much from handing guest complaints and solving the issue. Handling guest complaints are not easy, but the only key is you have to listen them, empathize them, and try to solve the issues to help gain back their trust and good impression about the company.

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Cons

I relly love working at Astoria Hotel because they have a lot of friendly employee

Astoria hotel has a clean and safe hotel they had a lot of amenites that they giving to their guest they a lot of area that makes you relaxing. They have also a loyal and trusted employee.

productive and good dealing with customers

working with this hotel is a big privileged it gives me more knowledge they help me to enhanced my skills boost my confident. i learned to be patient in every situation understand the people. Inside the hospitality you will the different kind of people from lower, middle and high class , all of them has different personalities. they have bad and good. the good thing about good is that you will really feel a warm hearted appreciation, because someone's appreciate your efforts and the good thing about bad is that they teach you how to be more responsible., to be more patiente and understand the situation it teach you how to be professional. what i am so to be thankful to my previous work experience? well that is they never leave they help me to finish my studies, its really hard to be a working student. but with their help assistance and also with a great confidence, i past all this.

You must be patient and Always Think Positive

Working in astoria plaza is very big achievement for me on for those who want to work in this hotel. They will help you a lot when it comes to hotel industries. The management are very accommodating.

Good Job to Support yourself only

It was nice experience to work in Astoria Hotel, I gained a lot of friends, meet different type of people. I deciced to leave because my salary is not enough to support my kids and family.

Fun Work Place

My mentors gave me a life learning lesson each day that i was training in their hotel. I would always encounter different kinds of guest that gives me a challenge on how will i be able to approach the

Staff are like a family.

It was a fun internship here I spent my holiday there. The Room attendants are all good. They are all friendly. They will teach you the things that you should know.

Very Responsible when it comes in training especially in workplace

I rendered my 400 hours as trainee at Astoria Plaza Hotel as Reservations Agent, Front Desk Officer and Telephone Operator.I learned on how to properly assist guest and properly communicate to them. I believe that the most important values that you'll need for this field of industry is to have more patience and integrity.

Fun and Challenging

I was exposed into three departments during my internship in Astoria Plaza, first is in the housekeeping department where I learned how the proper and standard set up of the bed and the whole facility. Second is in Food and Beverage department where I was assigned as an attendant in the cafe, I was able to greet and assist the guests and giving them the best service I could give. And lastly, the Front Office department, we are the front liners so we need to be pleasant and approachable in every people that we had encountered. I did my best to give my best customer service skills. and was also given a task to answer the telephones where guests were throwing their complaints and inquiries. It was a privilege to be part of the Astoria Team.

productive and pleasure to work with people

It was a nice ang good looking hotel and a good ambiance. Have a consideration about the employees. They also have a staff house for those employees willing to work for them

Productive and fun people

working there as a trainee is fun yet we learned so much from them. they develop us and trained us in most enjoyable part. and help us to boost our self esteem and be confident everytime.

Pros

Free lunch

It is a fun workplace

All the staffs of the 3 Department are very fun working with. They are very responsible, Trustworthy and can communicate and give good service to the guest.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Short break

Productive and fun working place

Its a good place to work and a possible persons are there and i learned more to my on the job training, it has a good people working there and absolutely great job. I learn how to bed making thats all about the housekeeping and front office and a good server to the guest in their restaurant as a crew and inside the kitchen.

Pros

Cons

8hrs

Can meet many types of people

Meeting and enjoying comunicating to different types of people. Can travel in different places of the phillipines and learn different culture of people.

Pros

Free food ang logging

Cons

8 hrs

Working hours

they should hire more people rather than hiring people who are on-call and making them work for long hours. Making us handle event not suitable for the number of workers.

Pros

free food

Cons

super long working hours

this was just my On-job Training

its my on job training there, and I experience all the works in a hotel, namely Housekeeping,Food and Beverage and Front desk, I already experienced standing 8 hours per day

Productive and fun place to work.

They will make sure that you will first undergo with their orientation before you start working. They will tour you around your workplace and the head supervisors and captain waiters are very easy to work with.

Pros

free lunch

Manager

In this job you should have the confidence in dealing with the guest/customers because they will depend on you on how you handle the customers. The most enjoyable part is that your dealing with some high end clients.

Produtive and a very nice place to work

Astoria plaza is a hotel residential area with alot of amenities restaurants and casino very near tothe shopping areas and accessible to any public transportation.

Pros

Gift vouchers, lunch and dinner buffet.

Cons

Long hrs

Productive and i learned a lot about pastry in this company

It's very nice company. Although the duty hours is too long but its ok because in this company i know to my self what i want to be in the future which is become a pastry chef someday

Fun and exciting

This my first job in the hotel industry. And it's fun because I learned many things about customer service. And meet different kind of persons.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Sometimes no off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Astoria Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about Astoria Plaza Hotel in popular locations

• Astoria Plaza Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?