Asian Development Bank

Asian Development Bank Employee Reviews

Philippines42 reviews
Salary / Benefits
This company is trustworthy, respectfully, helpful especially in their employees, and this company is thoughtful with their workers and they will not neglected their workers.
Pros
Free Lunches and dinner
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at work would be checking on the team's calendars for meetings, looking at my checklist of what needs to be done and coordinating with various people. We are able to learn about other people's cultures which is very much a good part of working in the organization. Hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines for people who would want their tasks to be prioritized over the others.
Pros
affordable food
Salary / Benefits
Asian development bank is a prestigious company to work for in the Philippines. They give good salaries to people in the IT project management division and we are given a good work life balance.

I would have wanted to work in ADB longer than 2 years but the leadership team has no management skills. It's the only company I worked for that allows managers to shout at their staff. Managers don't also recognize when their staff do a good job, they only notice the mistakes.

Overall, the pay is good but it is not worth the stress and bad work culture.
Salary / Benefits
It was a privilege to work remotely for ADB even just for a few months. Working there made me feel like an elite professional. I enjoyed going there during pay-outs because the work place is cozy, the food is tax-free, the people are nice and professional.
Salary / Benefits
Fun environment, friendly employees, leaders have empathy. Good food. Safe and secure. Yearly incentives. Shifting schedules. Company offers certification based on your work.
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot from this company because this is where I started my career as CCTV operator which I highly thankful and this is the stepping stone I made to work in UAE
Salary / Benefits
Nice place to work with. Very friendly environment. Very suppotive staff. Really miss working in this institution. Especially during Christmas Season.
Salary / Benefits
Multi-cultural organization with professionals from various areas of expertise. ADB provides equal employment opportunities and everyone is treated with respect.
Salary / Benefits
Fun and spirit working environment. I learned to be fluent in English. Management is friendly. Workplace is beyond expectation with regards to innovation and high technology. Most enjoyable experience is having summer outing.
Pros
working balance between career and family
Cons
no cons
Salary / Benefits
Employees are treated terribly. Supervisors think they are gods and get away with the worst behavior. The organization turns a blind eye. No one cares about the poor. Public money is wasted on pointless travel and admin. Filipinos treated like the lowest caste.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Racism, sexism
Salary / Benefits
This is an awful place to work. Terrible treatment of employees. Incompetence at all levels. Technical skills are backwards, deskilling once you step foot in ADB. You will have to relearn technical skills if you want another job in outside world.
Salary / Benefits
I had a rewarding career with ADB thanks for (i) its great mission; (ii) its internationally diverse and professionally qualified work force and (iii) opportunity to learn so much in various functions, industries and countries!
Salary / Benefits
It is a nice place to work in. Developing friendships and relationships is another. The culture and environment is international in nature. Most positions are not secured.
Pros
The cafeteria has a wide selection of international cuisine.
Cons
No security of tenure. The culture does not support local staff morale well.
Salary / Benefits
Asian Development Bank is a multi-cultural company with staff from all its member countries. We have complete facilities that include travel agencies, commercial banks, sports facilities, clubs of all sorts. Our work hours are flexible depending on what suits you best.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
traffic is incredible
Salary / Benefits
Housekeeping here at ADB is very high end production, it is very much well oriented especially in cleanliness and orderliness when it comes on housekeeping.
Salary / Benefits
Working in the Asian Development Bank does not only provide opportunities for professional growth, but also to contribute to its mission of reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific. Knowing that your daily work helps improve the lives of millions makes it feel less like work and gives a gratifying feeling that you actually did a part in making a difference in the world.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, minimum 26 days of paid vacation leave, worlwide insurance coverage, in house gym, court and pharmacy, subsidized/discounted meals, language class, club memberships, competitive salary, staff education assistance.
Cons
Salary gap among staff can be improved.
Salary / Benefits
We are on shift basis, in charge of building equipment operation and maintenance. We manages our subcontractors for equipment, building and grounds including housekeeping. We prepare contract agreements, budgets, evaluation, materials and monitoring of projects.
Most of the time I am directly involved in repair and trouble shooting due to my previous exposure in power generating stations. Prepare budget for operation and maintenance and request materials and spare parts. Ive learned to be a leader not a boss and more innovative due to urgency of equipment operation. Patience and hardwork is also very essential as I applied effectively in my daily routine.
Pros
subsidies lunch
Cons
healthcare
Salary / Benefits
ADB is a large institution (about 3,000 employees including country offices), with a multicultural environment reflecting ADB's country membership. As compared to other international development agencies, ADB is relatively light in bureaucracy, and has a work culture characterized by team work and cooperation. Staff who demonstrate dedication, technical competence, and strong team work can look forward to increasing professional responsibility. Opportunities for career advancement are generally excellent, but will require flexibility in adapting to the organization's evolving operational priorities and skills-mix needs. The Metro Manila area suffers from the ills of Asia's mega cities (traffic, pollution), but the city also provides world-class opportunities for housing, education, and recreation.
Salary / Benefits
What I learned in this company was how to become more professional, especially when dealing with clients, and I learned more on digital graphics. I have worked with the authors, mostly Economist, with their book and reports.
Salary / Benefits
ADB is a huge institution with over 8000 people in the Headquarters at any given time. Its a great learning experience , with a portfolio of loans across Asia and the Pacific across all core public sectors, energy, urban development, social sectors. You work at any point in time with a team which has members from all over the world. This was one of the best things about working for ADB. The diversity.
Pros
Well stocked cafeteria and excellent building
Cons
bureaucracy and time consuming administrative processes
Salary / Benefits
ADB offers wide opportunities for career growth, job satisfaction, and leadership skills, if you know how to position yourself. Look for these opportunities from managers who are willing to cultivate the careers of their staff
Pros
Subsidised and delicious cafeteria food, good work-life balance