Appen
Coronavirus update

Appen Employee Reviews

Philippines21 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Seems legit, work frome home, easy task and project, love to learn more about other tasks and get salary from appen, enjoyable and you can schedule your projects
Salary / Benefits
Appen, management was really great. I don't have to sacrifice my well-being to have a great career as 'Work-life balance' is respected and prioritized here.
Pros
Health Care, incentives, work-life balance
Salary / Benefits
I love Appen because they know how to handle their employees and also, they strictly implement work-life balance so you are enjoying while you are working and the management is good at what they are doing.
Salary / Benefits
Appen gives importance to their employees. They do not discriminate and give equality to employees. Work from home with flexible hours, You can work on our projects around your other jobs.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
System issues
Salary / Benefits
a company that value and care for its people. Lots of trainings and learning development. Co-workers are great, very professional and friendly. I recommend 100%
Pros
They care about their employees, fun place to work, good management
Cons
you have to be devoted and hard working. This company will help you to be successful
Salary / Benefits
3 usd per hour 4hrs a day 5 days a week. Very flexible work hours. Rating a social media post easy peasy. Only the qualification exam is really hard but it's open notes so you can "cheat". Just use a lot of analysis, patience and resourcefulness
Salary / Benefits
It has small tasks when completed, qualifies you to bigger tasks.
In my experience, this is only an "extra income" job or a job which we should not depend our means of living.
Salary / Benefits
I really like Appen because my department was the best. It is a place where you are believed and given enough trust in your abilities. They have good remote work processes until Appen Connect came in and messed everything up.
Salary / Benefits
an appen connect is a typical part time work a day and this can help to learn more and upgrade knowledge, how to manage time to do the task given especially some part of job is some what hard to answer and are some easily answer and there some part of the job is enjoyable and others can not understand
Pros
part time, no pressure
Cons
additional income
Salary / Benefits
For the past couple of years, I worked with Appen, the flexibility of work and life helped me a lot. Particularly our department had a very cool leader and boss that truly allows us to freely choose how we get our task and job done and every output were excellent because they trust us so much.
Friendly officemates
But the management is not great

Even you are tenure your salary still the same like new employee

No benefits

No incentives

No bonuses

Sleepy ambiance while working

Nothing new
Salary / Benefits
A good opportunity for those who want to look for a part-time job, however the pay is way too low compared to other companies. Appen offers only $3 per hour for contractors in the Philippines whereas its competitors pay double which is roughly $6 to $10. I highly suggest to the CEO of this company to raise rates in the Philippines because we also pay monthly subscription to internet plus our electricity. The pay is not totally worth it.
Pros
offers extra hours sometimes
Cons
low rate for contractors in the Philippines
Salary / Benefits
What I like about the company is they offer work flexibility and can guarantee that their remote employee are being taking cared of. They have numbers of role to be filled up
Salary / Benefits
A typical day in Appen is fun. You can see people dedicated on their respective job and face every challenges in high spirits because everyone knows that they have a TEAM in the company.
Pros
Work, Life Balance
Cons
low salary rate
Salary / Benefits
This company is my ideal company, because they hire PWDs, this company taught me how to deal with the deaf community... They also gave inspiration to me and my friends.
Pros
Free Coffee, accepts deafs and other PWD..
Cons
Poor management
Salary / Benefits
My workmates are the best. We maintain fun and professionalism in the office. We have a healthy competition that our leaders always challenge us to develop our skills.
Salary / Benefits
It was a great job to work at appen for you can manage your time conveniently because you can work anytime you want. You just have to be honest and accurate with your reviews.
Salary / Benefits
Working with Appen is new to me. The application process was smooth and work is also smooth. I felt and still feel refreshed because I'm able to manage my own time at the comfort of my home. The job isn't stressful, too. It's nice to not have a boss constantly checking behind me, which for me does not help with my productivity. I can't give a perfect score to everything because I think there's no perfect company.
Pros
flex hours, no boss, good salary
Cons
It can take a bit of time to get assisted with tech issues
Salary / Benefits
Working in Appen is a great experience. You get to work with professionals and people who are really enthusiastic about their jobs. The company takes care of the employees and work-life balance is one of the main values of the company.
Salary / Benefits
Working at appen has pros and cons. The pros are that you can work at the comfort of your home. You can get your full salary without having any transportation expenses. You have lot of time to spend with your family. Some cons are you don't have any benefits. They doesn't give you 13th month pay. You don't have any social life.
Salary / Benefits
A generous company. Does not only focused on client's need but also on the welfare of its employees.

It encourages work life balance.