American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
I shouldn't have left American Express. It's the best company I've had so far. They have the best offer in terms of basic pay, allowances, INCENTIVES, and high coverage for insurance.
Pros
High basic pay and incentives.
Cons
Proximity.
Salary / Benefits
I started as a Client Officer in this company, as the years gone by, there are plenty of opportunities presented. They've provided experiences and knowledge which are very much useful overtime. They are also generous in terms of bonuses if you are a hardworking employee. Overall, it was a great learning experience for me being an employee in this company.
Salary / Benefits
Amex is a Very good Company and competetive versus other company in the same industry. Leadership is good and compensation is competitive. Growth is also good.
Salary / Benefits
I had a great experience from training to work. They definitely taught us everything and I really enjoyed working with them. If given another chance, I would love to work with them again.
Salary / Benefits
It was a great experience. Good compensation. Achievable incentives. Working the company will help you develop your communications skill, your patience, understanding of each customer. And make sure that you provide the best and satisfactory services that they deserved.
Salary / Benefits
There's nothing wrong with the company but more on it's vendor which I've worked with for American Express. The company offered great incentives to employees. There were a lot of monthly perks to motivate us in working hard. I had so much until its vendor had to downsize because they hired people more than what American Express asked them for.
Salary / Benefits
IT'S ALL FOR THE MONEY!!! I hope you can read between the lines. Just to be fair this does not apply to the entire organization but only to a "few" "select" people in the small business department called "OPEN", which is pretty ironic. Questionable sales practice, integrity issue and over the top politics. Good thing I'm out of that campaign or else I won't realize that there's a company out there where my potential would be recognized.
Salary / Benefits
Amex has been a good employer and has various activities but lacks advancement programs for employees. It promotes work-life integration and diversity.
Salary / Benefits
Management gives sufficient support in all aspects. People are friendly. Employees are provided with free food, snacks, drinks and freebies. Lots of events and incentive programs.
Pros
Great Incentives, Events, Lounge & Sleeping room.
Cons
Rotating schedules would kill your body clock.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Express?
Salary / Benefits
The workload is typical, there are busy days and there are days wherein you can use your time to learn more - with free training sessions etc. The management has nothing but supportive of my career decisions. The culture is very conducive to learning and building connections with the people around you.
Salary / Benefits
American Express listens to their employees and back them up. They provide competitive slaary package nad other benefits. The culture is different from other BPOs.
Salary / Benefits
Knowning that American express is one of the biggest companies in the world, they should hire a direct recruiters for them not for an RPO set up. they should also know specific strategies on how to source people to meet the requested requisitions. hoping that they use the word "not an amex way!"
Salary / Benefits
American Express Philippines is an international and world class company that pays really well. If you are someone that is looking for a company that pays really well I highly recommend American Express.
Salary / Benefits
The best place to work with. People and management are so helpful.people oriented and always willing to help. I will not stay in the company if the environment is not good.
Salary / Benefits
I have not given 5 stars except for Salary/Benefits, because the site I was in was only established about 3 years ago, which means, there are still a lot to improve. The salary and benefits they provide, will definitely motivate you even more to work harder. They never fall short in making you feel, money wise, that you are appreciated. Most of the leaders are very competent, too.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
I had to work in an in-house office and no work-at-home option was provided.
Salary / Benefits
American Express is one of, if not, the best company in the metro. Culture is great. Everyone will help you progress with your career. Compensation is very competitive from basic salary to benefits.
Pros
Superb compensation package
Cons
Not enough parking spaces
Salary / Benefits
Its indeed a great place to work which they have proved after being in India for over a good period of time. In terms of providing internal on job training Amex also encourages for further education and advance level of training for an employees overall professional growth .The only thing which the organization should work on is to decrease the time amount of the whole interview process.
Pros
Salary, growth opportunities, employee engagement, non-partial management
Salary / Benefits
American Express gives a very nice work environment as well salary and incentives to all its employees. Medical benefits are okay. Work load depends on the position, which in my case can be done even at home, that is after working hours, to comply with the clients needs. Clients are well managed by constant check back by account managers who are given full authorities to every account informations, to assist and make sure that clients gets the full benifits promised by the company. They give a very good service to external and internal clients. The company always makes sure that service is provided at its best to all their clients and employees to benifit. Training and product updates are always given to employees, to make sure that the best quality of service is provided to all its clients, weather it’s a personal card or corporate accounts. Options in using the cards, are always provided to clients. This is to make sure that the best customer information and product assistance is served every time, anywhere in the world. This I think is the reason, why even if the company stand alone, not merged with Visa or MasterCard, maintain its prestige and high quality value in the credit card business.
Pros
High salary and very good benifits
Cons
Some employees have discriminating attitude
Salary / Benefits
Excellent Workplace, nice ambiance and Healthy environment. Sales is very rewarding but not hardcore. The Learning Specialsts were able to create a magic formula for the reps
Pros
Free food most of the time
Cons
Certification is tedious
Salary / Benefits
The working environment and people I work with are great. Salary is good and the incentives are crazy, as long as you are doing your job well and being on the job on time all the time you can get the incentives.
Salary / Benefits
American Express is a company that actively promotes work and life balance. I have been working here for almost two years and I can say that this company is really amazing.
Pros
Unlimited HMO dependents, great salary package, good leaders
  1. Employee Reviews