Amazon.com
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Amazon.com:

Amazon.com Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Amazing company to grow as an IT professional. Started here with no IT background and in less than a year I learnt so much about Networking and Data centers from the countless amazing colleagues who will stop at nothing to teach you as much you want to learn
Salary / Benefits
Many opportunities for employees to advance or move. Good benefits and pay for job roles. Arbitrary lengths of time between promotions discourages advancement from lower levels. Many entry level FC jobs (receive, stow, pick, pack) are dull.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Arbitrary time between promotions, Some FA1 positions dull
Salary / Benefits
Not a good place to work. A flawed culture that puts the bottom line over the mental well being of it's employees. Raises are non existent and the management utilizes subterfuge to ensure the bottom line stays low.
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare, Pay structure
Salary / Benefits
At the beginning of each shift, we started with a turnover meeting. Depending on how your zone did these and who was turning over to you determined its either high value or redundancy of the meeting. The culture is great once you're in. My troubleshooting skills have become top notch thanks to great field leads and our team's chemistry. Each team and zone lead runs things differently and independent to the team yet cohesive to the zone. They have some amazing managers; I was lucky to be with some of them and have them push me thoroughly. Where some other leads are incredibly non-motivated it was confusing why they were managers at all, or it was a lead role they were pushed to.
Pros
Great to take troubleshooting skills to an advanced level
Cons
not many techs stay in amazon over 4 years, it's known and is used as an individual benchmark
Salary / Benefits
If you ever get hurt at amazon you can guarantee them giving you the run around. By the time you talk to anyone from this country you are given the run around. Just go see your doctor because you will be offered Tylenol. You are almost guaranteed to not get your break on most days.
Pros
Great pay and you can get free food sometimes.
Cons
No breaks
Salary / Benefits
Amazon Web Services is a fast pace and hard working environment. Typical work days are 8 hours minimum up to 16 hours depending on the day. Most of their sites are not centrally located so there's always a commute. Overall compensation package is good (salary, bonus, stocks) but salary /hr pay by itself is not.
Pros
overall compensation package
Cons
not centrally located, lack of advancement. hourly / salary rates
Salary / Benefits
I have worked with the company before and the experience was good but it was unfortunate that I was given enough time to explore my skills before the contract period ended.
Salary / Benefits
Loved this place, just couldnt fit it into my lifestyle at the time with a newborn baby, had to make an important decision to leave one of my dream jobs.
Salary / Benefits
Amazon is a company that has a wide range of job opportunities in both the retail side and tech side of the business world. The tech side is growing very quickly. It looks for the best candidates and encourage career grow in a competitive atmosphere.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Needs to embrace standardize training over "tribal knowledge" training.
Salary / Benefits
Was a Data Center Tech at AWS in Ashburn.

I Learned how to Isolation Test faulty components, Perscribe Repairs via Ticketing system, and Taking very good notes so that the next deployed agent could see exactly where I left off.

Very Collaborative, Fun, but also Cut-Throat
Pros
Fun
Cons
easy to fall behind
Salary / Benefits
Amazing place to work in my opinion. Due to the volatile nature of the Industry, one slip can cost your career. I am very blessed to have had the experience, and I do see myself pursuing further opportunities with Amazon later in life. First, I must broaden and expand my experience
Salary / Benefits
Typical day at work :• Supporting team of Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers responsible for safe and reliable data center operation.
• Perform and supervise preventive maintenance and calibration of data center equipment and systems.

• Schedule and supervise HVAC, generator, and electrical systems maintenance.

• Upgrade and utilize Data Center HVAC system to meet requirements.

• Operating and monitoring data center critical functions in order to meet Service Level.

• Responding to emergency alarms and dispatching help.

• Monitoring alarms from BMS, PRITCHETT and POWERLOGIC control systems.

• Handling any issues related to Building Management System (BMS), Data Center AHU, CRAC units and Chillers.
Salary / Benefits
Definitely. I was a Hardware technician who had a chance to try different roles within the company.