ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 9,709 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,710 reviews

Great if you never get hurt and want to work a ton

It'll keep you busy 100% of the time, you will pretty much never have downtime until the last customer leaves, and even then, they rush you to clean and get everything spik and span in an hour. Typically its one manager and one or two associates running the store, simply because they have very high expectations. This makes it hard for them to hire people in the first place

Pros

You get to know your coworkers well, ive stayed friends with them after leaving the job

Cons

Max of one 30 minute break, even for a 10+ hour shift, pressure to never call out even when sick

Productive and fun working place

Enjoyed working there. May experience longer shifts but that was manageable. They could offer staff discount on the purchase and more things in staff canteen to offer. Colleagues were really helpful and cooperative.

Poor management

Poor management If full time only given max 32 hours as a regular worker if manager 37 Not clear on task Lunch hour are not set up by manager Poor teamwork No communication between leaders and employeesNot a set schedule

Decent Environment

Greenbank store was a pleasure to work in. Friendly staff, well managed, rotas readily available allowing employees to plan life around their shifts. cant complain at all.

If the face fits

To start with it was a great place to work, Work life balance is poor and hours aren’t suitable if you’re a parent. Bullying and clicky but this is overlooked by management. The job itself is fast paced and lots of timed targets which make the day go quickly. Must be good at everything in order to progress further though.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Long and anti social hours

Aldi is a great comkany to work for with advancements and bonus’s

You will work hard but be rewarded for your efforts. I loved working there. You build friendships that last a lifetime and you work hard. We would always call it CrossFit and it keeps you in shape. There are a few downfalls working at Aldi. The team is small and there is little room to call in and get coverage so if your willing to work a lot you can pick up shiftsWork life balance is a work in progress. That being said you can and will gain valuable experience and Aldi promotes from within. So advancement is always possible. Work hard have a great attitude genuinely live customer service and you will excell.

Very physical job with stocking shelves and lifting heavy. Efficiency at register by scanning at a fast pace, and communicating when help is needed.

Good job, subpar management

Extremely enjoyable job with flexible hours and reasonable pay. Constant shift of work flow keeps you doing something different mostly every day. The downfall comes from the less than acceptable management, who rarely do anything to improve or critique your or anyone else's work, and instead keep quiet unless they have something negative to say. Very hasty training phase for every associate that came in during my time there, to the point that new hires barely know what they're doing before being thrust into the deep end and judged as a fully fledged associate. Would only recommend working here if you need the pay, or if you already know the workplace environment.

Lack of support

They only like to promote peoples who's face fits, little or no support for most people wanting to progress they expect you to know everything and only promote where they need people

Burn out & cult like, but fun and engaging job

Aldi has burnt me to the ground. Your whole life is expected to be Aldi especially in a a management position. I’m pretty much on call 24/7 and expected to hit sometimes unrealistic expectations with no resources. Trying to run a store with a super high customer count with barely any hours and enough staff to serve on the registers.The job is super fun and engaging though. I can’t find anything that matches the pay, but god do we earn it.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALDI?

It was a good place to work.

I really enjoyed working in Aldi. The only two things I didn't like was getting paid monthly and being put on the first till from a 2 to 10 shift. Other than that I felt it was a great place to work. Always kept going and it was good work. A bit of heavy lifting but not too bad.

Pros

End of year bonus

Cons

Paid monthly

Dreadful

The worst company I have ever worked for in 30 years in retail...awful manger poorly ran under staffed.Always asked to work over time at the last minute due to poor organisation. Shifts changing every week.

Very stressful.

Everybody wants to work for this company because they see you sit down at the register and scan. But babies, that's not the case. You have to do everything. Run off the register and fill meat, producer, bread and boxing the store. you cant finish one task without them calling you to help them on the register. Let you have a call out on your shift. Nothing will get done . Call outs are everyday. For a growing company you only have 3 people to a shift 4 the most to do everything.

Pros

Building a relationship with the regular customers

Cons

You can never leave on your schedule time

Newbury

Absolutely awful place to work. Constant harassment, bullying, favouritism, intimidation, nobody's work is appreciated, disorganised beyond belief. Managers have no idea how to manage people because they are very young and inexperienced and under enormous pressure from the management to succeed. A typical day at work is that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and vice versa. There is nothing to enjoy. The workplace culture cannot develop because they cannot retain people.

Productive and Fun work environment

Very quick-paced and detail-oriented, the management was very pleasant and extremely helpful. They make sure you know what you're doing and answer any and all questions.

Terrible

The management is terrible no matter what store you are at. The company would rather hire from without and not promote from within. Aldi is not a job you can teach. You can teach the management aspect. Don’t take the promotion to shift lead if they promote you expect to do as much work as the assistant manager but not get the same pay rate. Over a terrible workplace

Fast paced

All in all not a bad place to work.. work life balance will always be a bit of a problem however.. some managers don’t care if you have a problem and aren’t qualified to do what you are expected.. night shift pay needs looking at for new employees..

Pros

Pay and benefits..

Cons

Long hours..

Fast pace environment

There pay and benefits are great for employees but the structure of the business is changing and isn’t as stream lined as it once use to be, all target driven but never enough staff to get the job done

efficient, stressful and hard work with good pay

Been working at Aldi just over a month. I work with a great bunch of people, all are friendly and give useful feedback most of the time. Everyone understands the importance of efficiency at my store which means we all understand how our work efficiency effects each other’s work load which creates a good atmosphere. That being said, you will get noticed if you aren’t pulling your weight. It’s a lot of hard work, you’ll constantly find yourself stressed and taking initiative to get multiple jobs done at once, all while being on-call for operating a till/checkout. You get paid fairly well for the work you do and regarding you are pulling your weight and don’t mind sore muscles, hard work and definitely breaking a sweat then you’ll fit right in and honestly you’ll enjoy it. I enjoy coming to work, because the atmosphere is great among staff. Aldi isn’t for everyone. That’s the first thing my manager said to me. The second day I was very close to feeling like I should quit. I was absolutely exhausted but I stuck with it and after a few weeks I started to really enjoy it. Once you become a valued member of staff and once your till trained and know how to do everything you will enjoy it. The first few days are very tough though. They throw you in the deep end which like it or not is the best way to learn. Aldi operated on few staff so you cannot be helped with everything you do and a lot of the time you’ll end up asking over headset how to do stuff or taking initiative and getting the job done.

If you aren't young and healthy, don't bother

This is an extremely physical job and will be very hard on your back. Mentally and physically demanding and draining. They do like to promote from within, but not if you're too good in your current position and not if you don't play in to their politics and popularity contests like most jobs.

Good job

Aldi is a good place to work, the management are lovely and the pay is great! Very good for flexibility if you’ve got kids and the staff can be friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits