Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,314 reviews

Fun Job and it plays right into me going to an automotive school

It's a fun place to work and I am learning a little about cars, I just want to do more with the NASCAR and automotive indrustry. I would like to stay at Advance Auto Parts but I need a better paying job because I am about to move out of my parents house fopr the first time.

Pros

I get to drive but I dont have to driver my personal car

Cons

short breaks

Terrible pay

The pay is terrible for the work you’re expected to do. Corporate does not care about their employees and they do not communicate with the employees. Ie: they changed flex pay without contacting the employees.

good workers are overworked and bad workers are protected

bad managers and HRGood workers are under appreciative. Some workers are there only to get a paycheck and only do minimum. Company is always hiring because of bad upper management

Good Work Environment

Advanced Auto Parts is a nice place to work!! Great management and also great hours!! Working with the customers was a challenge but most of the time things went real smooth!!

You are replaceable

It's a fairly easy job but management thinks you don't deserve the same pay as men if your a woman. Also they like to play with your pay increase if you are suppose to get one you might if you wait 2+ months and get every excuse of why you havnt received one yet. Overall the customers and other employees were ok. But with other employees watch who you talk to about anything they like to play childish games like in high school no matter there age.

Sueldo bajo

El sueldo no está acorde con la realidad. Muchas personas prefieren renunciar antes que ganar el mínimo. Los trabajadores están sin ánimo porque no alcanza el dinero.

Easy remote contract position

Typical day of work was picking issues from a list of problems and solving them on my own. Each morning my team had an hour meeting to go over what issues we were running into.

Hard work for close to minimum wage

Lifting heavy items 10+ hours atleast 5 days a week for just above minimum wage. 100% not worth messing up your back. My first few days some of the older people told me to be mindful that the job messed their backs up years ago.

Under payed - law suits waiting to happen

Management has no guidance or direction. Most all No experienced with talking to groups and giving direction. Make you feel like that they can replace you at any given time. They need to train the management in all aspects of dealing and leading a team . Key word is TEAM

Pros

Cons

Long hours, management takes out their own frustrations out on you

Work

To horrible to discuss in public forum. This is not a good place to work. To many unqualified managers at the district level and above. Hr is not responsive to issues going on.

Cons

Too many to list

No Recognition for Loyal Employees

The higher-ups in the company (above store management) do not seem to care about their employees. Loyal employees do not get fairly paid. Would rather hire in from outside of the company than move up an employee.Store managers can and will fight tooth and nail for their employees to get raises, promotions, or any semlence of recognition from higher-ups and it will be ignored. On the other hand it's more likely that it will be addressed "in the near future" which is up until you've checked out completely and found another job then they will beg you to stay and offer a decent pay increase.

Great if you like retail

Advance is a great place to work if you love cars and retail. Moving up in the company is easy as long as you apply yourself. The job can be fast paced at times and you have to deal with call outs but besides that it’s a great place to work

Cool fun place to work

I will love to go back if I had a chance. It was a really good job there. Everyone got alone with each other and worked good with each others. It was like a family there.

Pros

Love everything about it

Cons

No cons

Sucks

Over work and under pay. Work for this company for almost 12yrs. Everything was good up until the last 4 when it became more about hitting numbers than treating the employees with the respect they deserve.

Good beginner job

Work could be tasking depending on the job, good entry level position for high schoolers and college students. Could have had better pay. Management quality depends on the location/store you work at.

Bueno

Muy buen trabajo y compañeros, comprensivos y respetan horarios de disponibilidad.

No Work / Life Balance

Too much to do with not enough tools, no support from upper management. Feel left alone to figure it out by yourself. The good is the friendship you build working with your team. And the customer you help along the way. Also the fellow DM from the company. As you need to learn to adapt for yourself.

Pros

Great front line team members

Cons

No support from leadership

Lack of care for employees

Employees are not appreciated and they are very bad about keeping employees information correct in the system. When I left the company I was treated very poorly.

Easygoing

Great team of people to work with I always have clear directions for the job at hand. There is plenty of work to keep me busy all day. It is really a great place to work.

Frustrating and mind numbing.

This company says it encourages growth from within. However if you work hard you will never be properly trained. When you talk to management they blow you off. If they don't blow you off they treat you like an idiot. They say one thing and do the other. When you ask to have a meeting with them they blow you off. The DC is a mess and the morale is bad due to the lack of respect given to the employees. I do not recommend.

It was ok

I worked th r for almost 5 years in a distribution center, it wasn't terrible.I mean, it's work, you have to lift heavy stuff and do paperwork. But I'd say the good and bad thing were about 60/40. Just wish they paid more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advance Auto Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits