Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews for Lead Cashier

Lead Cashier102 reviews

Found 102 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,248 reviews

Good people, o-k management

Worked there for a little over a year. Easy to get promoted and found generally my coworkers worked well but the compensation was not great. I found that difficult to change even after a year review and learning multiple departments. Overall I enjoyed the job but I found it easy to burn out as there was a lot of high schoolers working that the senior employees ended up covering for. Not a great balance when it came to that.

Pros

Good work enviornment

Cons

Pay

Great coworkers, but everyone is underpaid

While this was a great job for the people I worked with, management always wanted employees to do things they weren't paid to do. New department managers were practically begging for $11 an hour. While I as a lead cashier was also making $11 an hour. New managers were always nice, I just felt bad for them. Said they would provide health care for FT employees, while they tossed the Healthcare applications into the bottom of a drawer for months.. No place is perfect, I understand, but the horrible pay and bad managers makes me tell everyone to STAY AWAY!

Pros

Fun coworkers, learned a lot

Cons

Management, low pay, overworked employees

managment was horrible

i was a head cashier. I loved the postion however the management sucked. If you were not in the favorites you were constantly being berated for every little thing you did. If the management didn't like you they would do everything in there power to find something wrong to write you up. Alot of unrealisitic expectations. I'm sure other stores are a lot better then this one

Pros

pay

Cons

bad management

Constant activity with decent benefits.

Work was never slow so there was always something to do however it was very easy to get overwhelmed by constant customer pressure as well as strict management adding to the daily stress.

I loved my Job!

Everyday you got to help someone new! You felt like you made a difference and that you were always learning too. It was fun learning how to make Keys and Paint, every neat to understand.

Pros

New people

Cons

Covid-19

descent hours, is a local family business, great customers that are very appreciative

Great full time hours, laid back atmosphere, off on weekends for cashier. local traveling too work. reasonable discount. an essential store stated open during virus, casual dress code.

Good job for college student

Lots of room for advancement with unjust pay per hr according to experience and work performance. Good benefits but also doesn't allow much time for a family life due to high employee overturn. Overall good company but felt severely underappreciated, used up and taken advantage of by the end.

Wonderful

I have had a blast working there and wouldn’t be leaving but we are moving each one is independently owned so each has their own flare but I love the variety available I each location

Team

I have worked at 2 locations and have been accepted immediately...it has been the best work environment I have ever been in. Management is uplifting and enjoyable to work with. They have taught me a lot and I intend to continue to learn every day. Ace Hardware is a great place to work.

Perfect part time job for young adult

A place that prides itself on being a positive, friendly, and passionate environment as well as helpful. They will help you gain the confidence and experience you need to excel.

Ace is the place

ACE Hardware was a wonderful place to work, the only concerns I ever had working for the company were wages and the ability to advance within the company.

Great opportunity

I enjoyed customer service I hope a lot of people in the store I am very understanding with customers I love my job I wouldn’t trade it for nothing in the world thank you Rockys East Hardware Vernon at Connecticut

Politically charged and divided environment

No team environment...divided into the old timers and the new timers, with promotions only going to the new timers. Hostile work environment with a particular manager that likes to yell on the floor at associates in front of customers

I learned alot.

All I can say about working at Ace Hardware is that it was a great first job starting as a cashier...But time went on and I was there for eight years. I learned ALOT of cool stuff.

I loved working with Ace Hardware

I loved my job my co-workers are amazing the job pays good also flexible with hours and you get 2 days off they give you raises fast we all get along very well and try to help each other as best as we can we treat our customers with excellent customer service

Decent place

Ace is a good relaxing place to work, but the pay is minimum. The customers are oftentimes easy to work with amd know what they are doing but every so often you get one bad one.

Pros

Easy job, good management, insurance

Cons

Low pay.

Stessful

Poor management. The manager wouldn't listen to the complaints of the employees that had been there for a while, instead he still gave the new employees the daytime shifts that the ones that had worked so hard for years should've got, but didn't.

Pros

They close at 7p.m.

Cons

Bad Management

Wouldn’t recommend working there because of upper managu

Coworkers were great to work with, but upper management was not always easy to work with and was not what he says he is. He is good if you kiss is booty. If you could get rid of the general manager the place would be awesome to work for. The owners are awesome and very fair.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Pay sucks, upper management sucks

fun relaxed work place

I worked at ace for 3 years and it was a fun environment for a first job. The employees are very fun to be around and you gain valuable information while working there.

Great college job

This is a great company to work for. When attending college you get hours that work around your schedule. Always helpful coworkers. You get 1 hour lunches. The hours are very accommodating.

Working here is like a family, I love my job.

A typical day at work is fast paced and keeps you on your toes,I love to multi-task and Ace is very much multi-tasking. I run more than one register when my co-worker goes on break and receive multiple comments for doing so. I participated in classes for Customer Service and received certificates for completion. The management is in a learning process that I feel is successful for the company. The work place has the usual coworker complaints,my opinion if you go to work and focus on your daily duties that's all that should matter and will not have drama when you focus on what is expected of you. The hardest part of the job is to hear coworkers complain and focus on what somebody else is doing instead of taking care of there daily expectation. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping Customers and knowing that there leaving the establishment satisfied and when customers greet you by first your name.

Pros

Discounts on Merchandise

Cons

Not enough pay to make ends meet/cannot afford Benefits

2.2K