Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 354 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,205 reviews

this is my first job , ive learned a lot on this company

I've been work in Ace Hardware as customer service , we are the one whos taking care about the after sales Service , like refund / Exchange & customer

Fun work environment. Plenty of encouragment and support. Low pay and no benefits is the downside.

The positive...overall, every day is enjoyable. Friendly customers for the most part. It's a very supportive work environment. Management is helpful and encouraging. Only downside is low pay.

Pros

Supportive, encouraging environment. Flexable scheaduling.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits.

Productive and flexible workplace

Good place to work. Hours are irregular from week to week. Flexible schedule. Most of the staff is friendly and easy to work with. You can learn a lot if you choose to.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Irregular schedule, lack of hours

Great people to work with but not for....

What a great crew of employees - too bad they are losing good staff over low wages and overly high performance expectations. Pay raises are not to be expected. Don't expect kudos from the owner, but if you are looking for a decent place to just "get a job", this place is a good one for getting started. Turn-over is frequent, but some of this can be attributed to the general work environment these days.

Pros

Stable employment. Clean place. GREAT hardware store!! GREAT holiday party!!

Cons

Low pay & no performance raises, lots of lifting & loading for stock personnel, lack of communication from upper management to regular staff.

Management was aware of the little peoples needs and made it happen!

A working team that provides the necessary skills to prepare the store and products in a way that invites the customer to shop at that store before all others!

Pros

Bbq

Cons

• Feel like I annoying some people when I ask questions & don't feel comfortable asking for help sometimes.• I'm usually stocking everything when there others around that are not busy & will not help out but walk around the store • employees come & take products out of my cart to stock • I also experienced rascim from another employee at this job as well

Pros

Tips & feedback from customers

Cons

Co workers energy, labels are not updated, manager gets frustrated for products overstocked products

Don't do it.

Horrible pay. Horrible management. No benefits whatsoever. Manager edits hours. Toxic work culture. Too much expected for very little pay. If you're desperate, do it, but only temporarily just to get back on your feet.

Helping customers

It was great to work with customers and almost all the staff was awesome The pay for all hourly employees is to low for most to high for a couple of them

Pros

Work invirment was good most of the time

Cons

Poor pay

It's A Good Temporary Job, But The Store Is Horribly Mismanaged

In a small town where everyone knows everyone, the relationships you build with customers can make the job rewarding. Coworkers are usually great people who have had to put up with all of the same stuff, so there is a culture of dealing with negativity in humor. Unfortunately managers seem to view reasonable requests relating to work-life balance as acting entitled, to the extent that they will laugh in your face and berate you for asking reasonable accommodations.They will use you until they don't need you anymore, and once the management runs you ragged, you are garbage to them, and someone who "doesn't want to work". They have little respect for the way chaotic scheduling affects people's physical and mental health, and are flat out deceptive in their job posting when they refer to scheduling as "flexible". As an employee, you must be flexible to their needs.The saddest part is that this store could save $5000 a week in staffing costs if they put their full time employees on four tens and hired part time employees for freight days. Unfortunately, managers lack a basic understanding of entry level logistics, so this is entirely lost on them and employees are left scrambling to cover in the chaos of a high turnover rate.Basically, it's short term employment. Work there until you find something better.

Pros

Full Time Hours, Camraderie Amongst the Coworkers Who Have to Put Up With Indifferent Management, Customers Make it Fun Sometimes

Cons

Horribly Mismanaged, Chaotic Scheduling, Indifferent Bosses, Terrible Work/Life Balance, Pay is Terrible

Worked with good, very, and knowledgable people

It was a good place to work.. Everyone was very nice and i learned alot. Very flexible schedule and the hours were not bad at all.. I definitely enjoyed it there.

Pros

Flexible schedule

N/a

It’s been a nice place to work, the rate of pay isn’t all that great . There’s not a lot of turnover in office. They do appreciate their employees and try to make things fun sometimes. But it really matters on the people you immediately work with

Great work family but poor management

Great place to work as far as co-workers go. Customers are very nice. Management is never satisfied, not realizing that taking care of your employees respectfully and not treating them like robots will get you further and help with ending employee turnover. Management talks to their employees with disrespect and sarcasm.

Pros

Co-workers are family

Cons

Horrible management and owners. Work almost all holidays.

I earned PTO based off prior management discretion (meaning they chose who they liked enough or thought deserved it as there's no set policy) but when new management took over never get any opportunity to use it as a full time employee. That was before covid too so we had enough employees but they always said i couldn't take time off but would let everyone else. Management degrades and belittles you especially if you're a woman. No advancement. You learn a lot with no appreciation. Lots of favoritism. Owners and management hire their family members and instantly pay them more then people who have worked there for years and give them shift preference.

Pros

your co-workers are the best part. Free lunch on Sunday.

Cons

No benefits little or no raises

A good fit for the right type of person.

It's retail, plain and simple. The work can get demanding at times. It's hard to please many people. There's a big difference between different stores as far as work culture, management, benefits, pay rate, etc. It would be a good part time job for a semi-retired person who used to work in the trades, construction, etc.

Pros

You have a job.

Cons

Low pay, No benefits, impossible to please customers.

Productive and rewarding place to work

Ace Hardware you stock the shelves , you learn a lot about different tools, Trains you for different tools, take care of customer , working outside the seasonal yard requires getting dirty

Pros

hardware knowledge

Cons

seasonal

Good job environment

Adventure Happy to be there Always busy , I learn new things My experience most part of the time was good .I like to deal with the costumers .Nice

Pros

Cons

Low hours

This place is awful.

This place is awful. Run, run fast away!! Take any job you can find before this one! It is a click there and if you are not part if it, your life is miserable and days numbered!

Pros

Cons

Where do I start

Not a fun working place

Difficult working with upper Management. They said that the only reason I worked there was that my wife wanted me to work there. For heavens sake I had two surgeries while I was there

Summary

Working at Ace hardware has definitely been a very laid back place, and the employees are very easy to get along with. Also, working there has helped me learn a lot more about basic home construction needs. Which is very beneficial for my future because the prices of hiring a plumber for instance is astonishing.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Healthcare

Great Atmosphere, fun Great Pla

Great place to work you must enjoy the satisfaction of pleasing all of customer's and so much more, there is always something to keep you busy! You Must understand that it works.

Pros

Each month for our birthdays, t's a cool thing to do, our manager brings in, somthing on all of our birthdays

Cons

short break lunch is not all that bad because when a quick 5 min break is not frond upon!!!!

Productive workplace with friendly associates and coworkers.

Management could be improved but overall, the other associates at my specific location are lovely and engaging! My specific small-town Ace store knows all the regular customers and every new employee is brought up to speed and taught in a relaxed but efficient manner.

Pros

Engaging work team, flexible scheduling

Cons

Low pay, mediocre management team

2.1K