Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 809 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,205 reviews

Stressful

Ace Hardware is a good company. In my journey in the company its stress me the selling of reward card. We have a quota per day. I need to sell 6 reward card a day.

Pros

Incentive

Cons

Long hour sometimes

Flexible place to work with good management

Flexible place to work with good management, compensation could be better but my managers worry for my satisfaction and well-being as an employee. Happy to work at Ace

sucked

literally horrible job schedule everyday and you never ever get time to live your personal life and on top of it they are open and make you work on holidays

Pros

staff

Cons

everything

Amazing employees. Wonderful management

Overall an amazing place to work. Very kind. they love to teach employee and grow the knowledge of the floor associates. The managers are very understanding about your work life balance. They work well with your availability. The employees are welcoming. The owner is down to earth and friendly.

Great start for a teenager

Great place to work for someone just starting out. Work load wasn’t extremely crazy. Simple job with tons of customer service involved. Management was decent throughout my time with the company.

Good team, poor compensation, insufficient hours due to seasonal nature.

I appreciated the good team that always pulled together to get things done. I was disappointed to not obtain a full time position after nearly three years working part time. I was disappointed to be making only minimum wage after nearly three years on the job. I was disappointed that due to seasonal nature of the business I was unable to get a sufficient number of hours of work during summer, fall, and winter seasons.

Good people, terrible management

There was no understanding for personal issues. It only mattered to them if you were there doing what they needed. Even if you had something important going on they didn't care. They would make you feel bad for not being able to make it into work. If you upset them they just wouldn't schedule you at all and didn't care if it wasn't sustainable to living wage they only cared about themselves and what pushed what they needed. Terrible management.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Bad pay

It’s okay but then it gets boring

It was a good place to work at, then it gets boring. Don’t really do anything but stand there al day, go on the computer and look at the news, walk around to see if everything is in place etc…… The job was okay, it’s just the people. So aggravating lmaoo

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Bad vibes

Fun work place

owners/ managers are amazing and really care about you. They make you feel welcome and like you're apart of a team. The coworkers are also amazing and make work enjoyable.

The customers

*Stood for 8 hours and assisted customers with their purchases.*I learned that no matter where you work, the managers whispers, stick together, and have a way of making you look ignorant.*Pretty much the store was ran by bunch of men and they all had different views when it came to managing the store. * Learning where everything was located. * The most enjoyable part of the job were the CUSTOMERS.

Pros

The customers

Cons

only half an hour lunch breaks on a 8 or 9 hour shift. Too many chiefs not enough Indians.

Eh it’s okay

They are quite judge-y people when it comes to management and the CEO, but I did enjoy the work. Wish they cared for their employees like their customers.

Good place to work for a teenager

Pretty good experience. Manager was nice. Most of the employees were nice. They train well at this location. I was a cashier so it was fairly easy. It was just hard to work while also being in school.

Pros

Nice employees, pay was good

Cons

Hard to work being in school

Slow and Boring

The days are long and hard. There isn't much to do most of the days so you walk around the store waiting and trying to find something. Your hard work will not pay off because they do not have any raises and no room for growth within the company. I just wasted a year working here when i could have been growing in another company. Do not waste your time and go somewhere else!

Fun place

Customers were great! Management pushed team work. Mostly on your feet all day. Laughed most days. Just a fun place. Pay was low but overall fair. Needed stools for the cashiers.

Great people to work with

I throughly enjoyed working at Ace and only quit because I moved to a different city. Great family dynamic within the company and the customers were usually pretty nice compared to working in a grocery store. I highly recommend it.

Overworked, underpaid, and management doesn’t care about you

Mental health is not important to any higher ups that work there. They do not care about you as a person, they only see you as a cog in there money making machine. They do not treat you with respect and make you feel guilty for things you can’t necessarily control. You are not paid well even though the stores sales apparently are up about 50-75% every single month. Customers treat you like garbage, but that happens everywhere. There is a problem, though, when the people you hope to count on when you need help talk to you like you’re incompetent, and when you try your best to problem solve you will still be reprimanded. Multiple times I have cried in the break room and even out on the floor because of how awful this job made me feel and they still made me feel like it was entirely my fault. If I was in their position I would never, ever, treat a person like they treat us. And they wonder why they have such a high turnover rate.

Pros

Hour lunches

Cons

Every single day you will wish you could never come back

No comment

Overall I would definitely consider this particular experience a wake up call at best!! There is no benefits, no room for advancement, and definitely NO COMMUNICATION between employees and company….. from my experience anyway!!!

Pros

Lunch on Sunday

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, rude customers

Hardware store that really does care.

I have special requirements/needs for my work place. Nothing crazy, but a lot of places didn't want to take me on and I was having problems finding a job. The management at ACE Hardware took a chance and really listened. The interview was fairly quick. Working there is pretty fun. I see a lot of the same people in a week and you get to know them. The benefits are pretty good, it's an employee owned company. In my store I am not micromanaged which is really nice. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

Management listens and is willing to work with you.

Cons

It's a little lower pay than other places. The computer's are frustrating.

Owner was creepy

At first I really enjoyed working here because they do work with your schedule and work isn’t hard but the owner of the store I worked at game me the creeps and that’s why I left.

Horrible and miserable environment

The management was trash. They expected you to do the most while being unappreciated for only $8 an hour. They would not understand you had a personal life outside of work. Horrible communication skills, horrible environment all around.

Horrible work condition

No breaks for cashier! Lunch break only! So you are standing in one spot for 5-6 hours straight! Applied for part time and was scheduled for 40 hours cause they can’t keep help. Managers don’t care!!

Pros

Discount on merchandise

Cons

No breaks

2.1K