Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Tulsa, OK12 reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,256 reviews

Pay requirements need improvement.

Job is going well. Presently need more pay. The benefits are ok. General manager is very understanding. The hours of work are great only one late night during week.

Fun and flexible schedule

Good people, flexible with schedule, decent pay. Started off as a high school senior and worked until my junior year of college. They’re very flexible with schedules and I had some great managers and built friendships with them.

Understaffed and overworked.

I was hired on during the pandemic last year and now we are threatened with “cleaning house” everyday. They fire half the staff before they can hire new staff.

Pros

Cons

No job security

Only fun for coworkers when they’re in a good mood

Only good thing about this job was the coworkers And sometimes the pay if you didn’t have people trying to steal your hours or trade them all the time

Pros

Fun coworkers

Cons

Management and inconsistent hours

Decent place to work.Tailored to people who are retired of desire part time work.

Most days are about helping customers, stocking, cashier duties and general clean up. Not very much training for new hires. You get put on the sales floor and sink or swim. So if you dont have any prior retail experience it can be frustrating.

Pros

20% Employee discount

Cons

Small staff.2 or 3 floor people and 15 to 20 customers is a tough ratio.

Different experience

Working at ace has been and fun and challenging work experience! Ive learned so much about everything home repairs to grills and accessories. And the customers are our favorite part they always let us know we are doing things right!

Its was slow %90 of the time

There was generally only 3 people working afternoons, on weekdays nothing ever happened you'd have the occasion gramma but that was it. Now on the weekends that job turns quick-paced and stressful, I would go from loading dirt in trucks to stocking shelf's then to help with lines upfront. The job honestly was really enjoyable and the people who I worked with I still talk too.

Pros

Good Co-workers, good management, good hours.

Cons

you'll get robbed a lot, clothes never stayed clean.

Fast paced and fun environment

I worked there for over 9 months and it was over all a great place to work. The managers weren't very great but hard work paid off. I enjoyed working.

Pros

Hour lunches

Cons

The management was not very good

Dream job

Would love to still be working here. My dream job of mixing hardware with customer service and a great group of associates. One bad apple as a district manager who spread false allegations brought it all to an end.

Pros

Cons

DM with intials BB

I loved working at Ace as much as they loved having me.

I loved my job at Westlake Ace Hardware. They loved having me there. I love to work hard and push my self to learn as much as possible. All my managers wrote letters of reccomendation for me and told me I always jave a job there if I need one.

Pros

Good people

Ace is the Place...Sometimes

As a cashier the tasks include keeping the front area clean, greeting and providing the best in customer service, answering the phone and if the closing cashier getting the front area prepared for tomorrow's business. I've learned so many things within the hardware industry including how to cut keys and mix paint for customers. At my own work place I love every single one of my co workers. However the same cannot be said about my district manager. Because of his harsh and stubborn attitude he's driven away many managers and other employees. One of the hardest parts now about the job is meeting the Ace Reward cards goal. There didn't used to be one when I started working there but now that there is and the company is making a big deal out of it, it's becoming stressful. I would have to say though the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers solve their problems and even building friendships with a few of them.

Pros

Breaks, lunches, reasonable hours, flexibility

Cons

Occasional rude customers, District Managers

I was thankful for the opportunity but just did not enjoy it.

Average retailer company. Great pay, but they have cut back on benefits as well.

Pros

local handy man store

Cons

prices are not competitive enough.

Salary / Benefits