Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,205 reviews

Depends which store you're in

As each Ace Hardware is independently owned (unless part of a network where multiple stores are under one group of people) your experiences will vary wildly between one store and the next. My store is okay, however there's little room for growth and management currently cannot find people to keep the place running.

Pros

Good people (depending on the store)

Cons

Lack of growth, occasionally stressful

Horrible

So many lost souls......Run if offered please.... Some people are cool and hardworking but management is HORRIBLE They hire people that don't know what they are doing and stand around or riding on a golf kart HR is a JOKE things are not done by the book A LOT of short cuts probably the worst warehouse I've worked at in my 30 years.

Pros

Free Food

tampa warehouse terrible Managers Alviera and cherryl , people getting hurts with machines and no one does anything to make it safety .

ManagementIn general, managers at Ace Hardware Alviera and cherryl terrible management in tampa warehouse, many incidents at work that they don't care about. Old trailers that cut off your hands when closing a door. disrespectful driversOverallMy experience working at Ace Hardware horrible

Overworked, poor management, lack of communication, if you want a stressful work environment then this is the job for you. Out of all the retail centers Florida is paid the least.

Pros

pay

Cons

overworked for that pay

Its okay

Its okay if your trying to work 15 hours a day6 days a week it doesn't really have room for growth you will kind of be stick in one position and management is sometimes not dealing with the employees like they should it's like you will work there and never have time for one on one time with any of the managers

Slave labor

Slave labor building full of rats and spiders management was good until they all left constantly worried about if they calculated your incentive because it's done manual by your manager also oh you called off? Mangers are known to dock your incentive for being sick!

Lots of good people on the front lines but managed poorly

Was a great place to work once. Management changes in most of the manager level positions ended up going to people unfit for the job and all departments suffered for it. Managers used to work and knew their departments. Now, it's just outside hires mostly who talk a huge game but cannot back any of it up. I left because manager level responsibilities were put off on admin staff with no increase in compensation. The duties were passed to us because the person hired for the position had no idea how to do them.

Ace is the Place for Unquestionable Discrimination!

Ace makes a point to, quietly, discriminate against the disabled, the under educated, the elderly, & anyone who doesn't kiss butt when expected by the "Little Boys" who actually think they run the place.

Pros

It's technically a job...

Cons

Severe Rat Infestation, Intense Dust, Dangerous Lighting, ZERO emergency response drills, & no truth to the "Ace Values".

Ace is NOT the place...

Ignorant, under educated, upper management & HR makes this place the last place I would EVER work again. If you want inept leadership & to be made to feel like a "Nobody" this job is for you.

Pros

It's income

Cons

Incompetent Management

Ok peanut butter sandwich free and a lot rat

Change management a lot and no care the good employees

Cons

No pay good to the long term employee

Awesome work environment excellent staff

Ace Hardware is competitive with the surroundings Warehouses in the Tampa Bay Area. The management is good but the training for New hires could be better. Everyone works as a team

Pros

Pay is great

Cons

Have to work occasional weekend

was good place to work

work in order pulling picked orders for the retail stores the management was good they bought lunch sometimes it was not hard to get production numbers workers were very helpful good pay at the time

Pros

good working conditions

Inbound recieving supervisor/mangament

Poor communication with inbound supervisor and managment. Manger just sat behing his computer all day. Supervisor had poor communication only reason they had there position was length of employment. High turnover rate in the stocking position.

Great atmosphere with locals as main return costumer. Privately owned so the staff/owners were like family.

Simple but some times busy especially during the summer time. Learned a vast amount of knowledge for anything electric/plumbing/agriculture related. Management and staff were like family and would often go to events such as bowling or charities together. Hardest part of the job was leaving with the most enjoyable part being the experience you obtained and locals you met.

Pros

Mom and Pop shop, hour breaks, generally nice paced work atmosphere. Never too busy outside of certain seasons.

Cons

Can get very busy during certain agricultural seasons, Major theft due to size so very attentive observations are required, Low room for pay raise.

Good p;lace to work and learn about Hardware Industry

Overall good place to work but pay needed to be better to keep the better employees. The atmosphere was overall good and learned alot about the hardware business to help others and myself for the future. Would suggest for anyone what to know more about DIY projects for home and business.

Pros

People and customer were great to work for but pay was low

Cons

Pay needed to be better to keep the good employees

Management will treat you like you a expendable

The employees will make the day go by faster. But the management will treat you like nothing and constantly threaten you for your position.The pay is ok until they start writing you up so you wont get your bonus. And you will see the employees more than your family. No matter how hard you work its never enough for management.

Pros

healthcare and 401k

Cons

managment, most of front office

Great Place to Work

The staff at Ace are awesome. Great place to work with plenty of advancement. The only down fall is they have times were there is not enough hours and the errors.

Fun place to work

I started as the head cashier and went into sales as well. I would assist with the receiving of our Inventory twice weekly. I also worked in the office with receivables and payables. I learned a lot about hardware and how to cut keys, mix paint and how to provide excellent customer service. Management was amazing the company had been on the same corner for over 70 years and was family owned. My co-workers were great and never hesitated to take me under their wing and teach me the different aspects of the business. There was not a hard part to this job I enjoyed everything about it. The most enjoyable part of my experience at Kilgore was the knowledge I took with me and have been able to use in my personal life .

Pros

Discount on purchases and priceless knowledge

Cons

part time

great company keep u busy

have lots of training in various areas specialize in safety but still being productive is what i gain from ace

Pros

lots of great games lunches

Cons

hot building

Just a job

I would not recommend this company as a employer, low pay and awful environment to work.

Cons

pay!

2.1K
1.9K
1.2K

3.0Salary / Benefits
  • Ace Hardware
  • Tampa, FL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?